Is all Music Haraam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum

I pray my brothers are sisters are in the best of health and Imaan.

I was just wondering, is all music haram? My baby sister loves watching cartoon, and loooves listening to the theme song. So all day we're hearing music because the TV is on ALL day. She'll go crazy if we turn it off. So I just want to know, are we all sinning by listening to that music?

Thankxx
:hearts:
Wasalaam

Dr.Khan

Assalamu alaykum

I was just wondering, is all music haram? My baby sister loves watching cartoon, and loooves listening to the theme song. So all day we're hearing music because the TV is on ALL day. She'll go crazy if we turn it off. So I just want to know, are we all sinning by listening to that music?

Thankxx
Wasalaam

:wasalam:

I'm not a scholar or anything sister so please check with others. As far as I know, if a child is addicted to something from a small age, it is very likely that they will do it when they grow up until someone stops that addiction.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
^Salaam

We're tryna stop but when she starts crying, we have no other choice. Believe me, she is extremely hard to handle. She wont even let me type right now.
Thankx for replying :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam sister,

Try putting on some tapes of Quran. Insha'Allah her heart will get attached to it.

And yes, you should definitely try to make sure (as much as you can) that she doesn't develop a habit of listening to music, singing etc.

May Allah subhaanahu waa ta'ala guide & protect us all. Ameen

Dhulkarnein

Assalamu alaykum

Thankxx
Wasalaam

The music is music , it is the same ,it is not alowed at any time .

As for sister dont worry , she will get used not to hear that, 100% sure , play to here Quran , many children sleep while listenin to Quran .

some links about rasing children acording to Quran and Sunna

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/103526/children

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/13716/children

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/45359/children

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10016/children

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20064

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/22169/children

there are more at this site http://www.islam-qa.com/en/

just write children at the search and many very importen answers about how to act with childrens will appear

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam sister..

Alla kind of music is Harraam. You can sing a song but without music, and the only thing allowed is duff.
anyways as far as the age is concerned,your little sister, as you mentioned,so its okay for now...but plz slowly slowly decrease the dose....step by step you have make her understand...that will work....inshaa'Allah Ta'la.....

I was a musician.....(I feel sorry...to say that....as my past is always pushing towards.............?!!)...so I know how evil is that.your little sister doesnt know what is music,the thing she likes...is nothing but the different mood/situation/environment..when music plays....you know....

some may say that it soothes the mind,it cools the mind......uff...what a false cause they stands for....its like fooling our minds....like nothing happened...cool baby(to the mind)...lets forget and listen to the music.....whwre as in the time of problem we should ask help from Allah...as we r instructed...but what we do?.....listen to the music....

Like where there is an quarrel in husband and wife.....they mess up and go and get some music...where as we r intructed to pray 2rakah salah.

when we feel angry,Satan flows in our veins(body)like blood,as saitan is smokelessfire.....we feel hot....and again if we listen to music to get cool,...Satan ignites like fire in the fuel.....whereas we r intructed to do uudhu,salah....

thats how,music enters our lives and demolishes us......
when there is music running all the time in the house...the house will not be blessed by the angels of Allah.Angels cant stay there and becomes a vacant place.....ready for SATAN

I hope you got it.....try to make her understand slowly slowly....with a cool and calm voice....try your best,at first you have to cahnge urself,then she will follow you...but the whole matter will go slowly slowly.....may be you will not be pleased with the rate of change....but inshaa'Allah Ta'la...one day the problem will be solved..

Jazakallahu Khairan
wabrakallahu feeek
wasssalam

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Sister, may I kindly suggest to go through the vast of threads regarding musics that are available on this forum.

The best sounds to let your little sister listens to, as some that have suggested, is the beautiful ayaat of the Quran. Since small children have clean hearts, they are most likely to remember what they hear and see so quickly. So who knows, inshaAllaah, the more you let your little sister listens to the Quran, the more she'll be able to memorise even if she is just a little girl. You may start with the suraah from Juz A'mma (the 3 Quul, Al-Fatihah).

While there might be different opinions on musics and at most of the times, hard to let go, one thing I can say "Pat your chest and ask your emaan." (Actually that sounds better in my language)

Wassalam.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

Every time we have a thread on music, we have this same erroneous fatwa posted from islamonline. If people don't want to leave listening to music, then that's their personal choice. But please don't post it here and cause confusion among us common folks. Islamonline is not a reliable source for obtaining a fatwa.

Why do we want to feed others with our personal opinions and understanding of the non prohibition of music ? It is not like 'music' is something that brings some good to a person. Even if it's status was doubtful, it would have been better to avoid it.

The position of Ahl Us Sunnah wa'al Jama'a is clear. All the 4 major schools of thought view it as haram. In addition, Ibn Abbas (r.a) interpretation of Ayah 6 in Surah Luqman should be enough for an evidence. Also, saheeh hadeeth present regarding the prohibition.

So, do we want to follow someone's personal opinion and challenge the interpretation of Ibn Abbas (r.a)? We are not in a position ilm wise, to challenge Ibn Abbas (r.a)'s view.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Brother Abu Mussab is in the process of uploading his lecture on music on youtube (so far only 2 parts are uploaded). The first 2 parts delve a bit into the evidence for prohibition. Anyone in doubt or confusion, can make his mind up be him/herself.

[yt]dpPGdyjkc_E[/yt]

[yt]foB6QUP3UN8[/yt]

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
If it is the policy of TTI admins to ban Islamonline, then we must respect that, but if it's not then any qualified fatwa should be allowed to be posted. Censorship is a bad policy. We cannot pick and choose which fatwas we approve of and which fatwas we boycott. Scholars differ in opinion. Always have. They are human. We can have a favorite scholar, but we cannot prevent others from having a different favorite scholar.

:salam2: respected brother ayman,

Islamonline promotes scholars like Yusuf Qardhawi, whose methodologies in deriving rulings are inaccurate and have been documented. In addition, Islamonline promotes other non-reliable scholars who have strange views like Ibrahim Desai and Ahmad Kutty. Their views aren't in accordance with Ahl Us-Sunna Wal Jama'a.

There is a lot of documented proof that music does a lot of good. It can calm the nerves of a patient going into surgery. There are instances documenting the effect of music on healing wounds.

What could possibly be bad about Rachmaninoff's second piano concerto? If it does not distract you from your religious duties, then why is it bad? How come nobody asks this question: why is it bad?

I am talking about the common folk. Music is addictive and leads people away from the Quran and its recitation. You can see how teenagers are affected by this music for instance. From what they wear and to what they talk, it has something to do with the corrupt current music scene.

Not everyone listens to Rachmaninoff to relax.. Plus, such kind of music effects emotions of a person making him extremely cheerful to extremely sad. It has qualities of the intoxicants. It leads people away from Holy Quran and realities of life. People are in fantasy land, getting swayed by this 'music'.

Nor am I against it's therapeutical advantage of treating patients. I don't know what is the ruling regarding that to be honest.

That is the opposite of what Islam teaches. In Islam everything is allowed until proven otherwise, not the other way around.

That is correct. I was talking about matters on which ulema differ, taking the safer side. I didn't mean to make something haraam without proof, I should have been more clear.

However, on this matter, the ulema don't differ. They have reached consensus on it's prohibition.

The opinion of a Sahaabi (قول الصحابي) is considered a legitimate deduction method only by Abu-Haneefa.

What hadeeth? The hadeeth quoted in the popular fatwa is mentioned in commentary (تعليقا) by Al-Bukhaari; it's not in his Saheeh book. It's not authentic. Furthermore, it refers to القينات (singing girls) which to the Arabs at the time meant only one thing: lewd female singers and dancers.

Lastly, how about the hadeeth that Shaykh Kutti quoted? Why is that hadeeth neglected while the opinion of a Sahaabi given preference?

I have posted a video lecture above, you can find all this information in it Insha'Allah. And the beating of duff and singing of halal songs for women in weddings is allowed. So, I dont think there is a disagreement there.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
There is that hadith, isn't there which says that "In the future the muslim ummah will consider zina, wearing of silk, drinking of alcohol and playing of musical instruments as halal." In my opinion, that's the biggest statement against Music. If its lumped up with all the other haraam things, surely its haraam as well.

There can be thousands of discussions on this. Some people say "Alcohol is good for you - scientific proof says so." And seriously, if anyone says "Music is good for you - scientific proof says so." While the hadith call both of these things impermissable, then how can such a discussion be called logical or reasonable. Sure, probably music has good points as well, but its addicting and its harm is worse than its good.

If someone's focused on a very important task, and people start playing music, isn't it distracting? Music takes our mind away from the real world, and makes us lose sight of the things that are truly important.

Um Abdur Rahman

Sclava lui Allaah
As'salamu aaleikom
May Allah protect us from folowing our desires

Like sheikh Assim states above all 4 schols are saing that MUSIC IS HARAM IN ISLAM..

Why we seek verdicts which likes to our heart?
We know that our heart is inclined to sin ..to joy this wordly life..Allah will not question you: Wht Qardaqwy said?Or wht Ahmad Kutty said...May Allh quide them
Allah will question us: Wht your prophet said?

we must folow our prophet sallallahu alahi wa sallam and the companion,tabiin and tabi tabiin....

So pls..do not post any fatwa without evidence We are, and we must be THE PEOPLE OF HAQ(the people of the true)

And as i say : Islamonline is not a propper website to take fatwa from.