Is Currency Trading Halal or Haram?

Salem9022

I'v recently been doing Forex - currency trading as my sole job, it involves no interest you buy and sell different currencies in the market and you make tons of money from the difference. but my dad said it is haram. so is Forex halal or Haram?

Salem9022

As salamu alaikkum wa rahmathullah...

Read this fatwa up, inshallah it must help. Looks like it is permissible according to it, my older brother asked this question as well :)

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/106094/forex

Fee Amaan Allah

It seems like it is permissible if it doesnt involve riba. But they charge you a fee for the trade which they call a "spread" its usually 1 pips to 4 pips in eur/usd. does your older brother still do forex?

shichemlydia

help

salam alikoum,
one day i asked the same question to someone who studied shariyah law, he told me, that is halal, according to a hadeeth of prophet mohamed pbuoh when he said in the meaning of the hadeeth" when the types of the goods being exchanged differ, so you trade as you agree" (this is the meaning).
and allah swt knows the best.
wa salam alikoum

wa2009

islamic forex

How about Islamic forex is hala or not like TADAWUL FX's and other say they have Islamic forex account with no riba.
I am new to forex and pleas any tips for where to learn good strategies if those Islamic forex companies are hala, or not first of all we need to make sure it’s hala and true company.

Salem9022

How about Islamic forex is hala or not like TADAWUL FX's and other say they have Islamic forex account with no riba.
I am new to forex and pleas any tips for where to learn good strategies if those Islamic forex companies are hala, or not first of all we need to make sure it’s hala and true company.

I don't know about Islamic Forex but I do know about Tadawul, there are Big rooms for trading in Saudi Sections on Paltalk where everyone of them take the same trade looool, also whats the difference between Islamic Forex and Regular Forex? The regular Forex doesn't have riba, we have to only cover the cost of the spread which is the fee to trade, I haven't come across any riba. The ruling from www.islam-qa.com says its Halal if it doesn't involve riba and Forex doesn't involve any sort of riba to begin with.

wa2009

Islamic Forex

sallam alukom
Brother Salem9022 thanks a lot for the info and also your review about TADAWUL FX's.
Also I found some companies in USA and Canada for FOREX they claming they have accounts for Muslims sharia complains no Riba and because I am new to this still gathering information they tolled me they have interest-free account and only they charge fees in each month and also they tolled me they can give leverage money to trade with also no Riba, is this hala or I have to use my money only no leverage.

wa2009

forex broker

I am looking for good forex broker and have Islamic account I looked to Tadawul and ACM and I found a lot bad review on them any advice or recommendations where to go or how to use other brokers in islamic way.
Thanks a lot for the help

johntrader00

salam,
I am conducting a academic research on forex traders with focus on islamic forex trading. Therefore your help is needed. I would very much appreciated if you participate in this mini survey of 20 questions. It will take less than 5 min of your precious time.

Please copy paste the link:(it is not spam=)
FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=ryviidwr2zffk9h654255

Thanks in advance.

John

sunnah01

Assalamu Alaykum,

I felt compelled to reply to this old thread in the hopes of saving myself and anyone else to the path for the Hellfire. With Allah's guidance may He save us all. Ameen.

When I first read about FOREX trading I was eager to learn more as it seems a great way to make extra income. There are clear matters witch are permissible and others which are not. The PBUH said it is better to say away from doubtful things. FOREX seems to be one of those things. But to clarify a little the trading need to be hand-to-hand: meaning it must be done at the same time. Internet/online trading is not this. The delay in trading defines itself as riba. For example if I had five dates of high quality and I met a person who was willing to give me 10 dates of a lower quality. On the Internet this transaction could not happen. Alternatively, it may take me days to get the other dates and that same time period my dates may get rotten and decrease in quality.

Wassalam

Vindictoaso

Good afternoon. If you are thinking about making money on Forex, I can say that for this purpose it is better to turn to a professional who really understands this area. I read a lot about trading and I've been studying it for a long time. I trade only base currency so I don't have too much stress and don't have to trade many assets at once. It's much more convenient for beginners. So you can try exactly the same way of trading. I will send you my best wishes for success.