Drawing is forbidden

• Total voters

Mansa

:bismillah:

:salam:

What are your opinions on drawing?
Many consider it haram, and many dont.

"
Drawing pictures is prohibited in Islam, because this is like duplicating the great creations of Allah. One of the name of Allah is Musaawir which means The giver of form, Shape, colour."

How is drawing like duplicating the creations of allah? Even if the drawing had a sense of depth, shading, and third-dimension; it wouldn't even come close to what allah has created. We can all agree to that.

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, according to the saheeh hadeeth: “Every image maker will be in the Fire.” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The most severely punished of people on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The makers of these images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and they will be told, ‘Give life to that which you have created.’”"

Aren't the image-makers those who create idols for worship?

I'm aiming and hoping that one day i'll be able to write and illustrate my own stories and books in which i preach and teach about good morals and show how the character reacts in certain situations based on what islam teaches us. My intentions are pure :inshallah: :).

And what gives importance to a person’s action is his intention, motive or objective.

Allah says :

مَنْ أَرَادَ اللهَ بِالْقَلِيلِ مِنْ عَمَلِهِ أَظْهَرَهُ اللهُ أَكْثَرَ مِمَّا أَرَادَ، وَ مَنْ أَرَادَ ٱلنَّاسَ بِالْكَثِيرِ مِنْ عَمَلِهِ أَبَى اللهُ إِلاَّ أَنْ يُقَلِّلَهُ في عَيْنِ مَنْ سَمِعَهُ.

“Anyone who performs a small act for the sake of God, God will make it bigger than he wishes in the sight of others. And anyone who performs a great act for the sake of people, God will make it trivial in the sight of others.”

As a final conclusion, I believe that there is nothing wrong in drawing as long as the images do not depict nudity or any other form of indecency in which allah had forbidden upon us.

Not only that, but art has been proven to be beneficial.

The Brain Benefits of Art
  • Art stimulates the imagination
  • Art makes you more observant
  • Art enhances problem-solving skills
  • Art boosts self-esteem and provides a sense of accomplishment
  • Art reduces stress
  • Art enhances cognitive abilities and memory, even for people with serious brain conditions
Besides helping patients with dementia and Alzheimer’s, art used as therapy has successfully helped people with anxiety, depression, PTSD, chronic pain, cancer, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, and other serious health conditions.

In the end, :allah: knows best. :banana:

zaman-gm

Wa alikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
We can uphold our culture and beautiful creations of Allah swt with nice view and reminders. Same time need to care about drawing creatures. We can show this world that we can do it in different dimension without drawing creatures face.

I like to see Calligraphy and wall design.:)

Precious Star

Without skills and training of the drawning many things would be impossible, like the architecture. For teaching pictures are important too. It is much easier to show the picture of the elephant for example than explain to people what kind of creature it is.

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/the-harm-of-photos.97637/

So true! Think about all the medical innovations that he have - drawing and art have been critical to the evolution of those innovations. The first prosthetic arm probably started as a drawing. Professional artists are used by the police to sketch pictures of criminals who can't be found, and the sketches are used for identification purposes. Some parents are comforted by the drawings of their little children who have passed away.

Drawing and art serve so many useful purposes.