Is it normal to dislike atheists?

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: Kind of a strange ie embarrassing question, recently ive found my self to be getting angry with the current events in the world and people who give me lectures on how i shouldn't be practicing islam as much and shouldnt try to influence society. Most of the lectures and world events that drive me to anger come from atheists, in the case of world events i looks at Americas evil leaders (not saying Obama necessarily). thus whenever i see a atheist arrogantly boast about his theory i find my self getting rather angry and wanting to separate my self from him,i know that being angry is a illness from the decedents of adam as it says in the noble quran, but is it normal for a person of religion to want to shun atheists? Im not talking about whether its halal or not just asking if this is somewhat common and if so what should i do should i continue avioding them or should i try to talk to them about things other than religious. sorry for my rather vain un helpful unimportant question lol dont want to take time away from much more serious issues or some more interesting topic. Jazak allah khair for patients and any answers i may receive!

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum wa Ramatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Brother, it's natural to dislike it when people say bad things about Islam, but I'd like you to remember that not all Atheists are like that. That means that you shouldn't shun them, rather you should hold yourself strong and act Islamically. This situation is between you and a person, and therefore your decision. If seeing him again will most likely result in consequence, then refrain from seeing him. If you know you have the patience and will to turn around the subject or kindly convey your opinion, go ahead and see him again.

Salam :D

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Actually, you have posted a very serious issue. For those of us who live in predominately non-Muslim lands.

There is a wonderful expression here in the south: the apple does not fall far from the tree.

I, a Muslim, need other Muslims.

The others get boring very quickly. Conversation does not flow with them.
We get addicted to phrases in our conversations such as Insha'Allah etc. When that is absent there is little ground to want to continue.

I pray I made a little sense...

Oh..don't get angry...just seek knowledge.

Perseveranze

It's not normal from our point of view (unless their bashing Islam), but even they'll admit their "ignorance" towards religion is very normal.

Seeker-of-truth

also be careful brother, when talking with athiests, in many situations unknowingly you may accidently use a hadith or a verse from the quran purely to score points in the argument there was a thread about that here some weeks ago

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom,

I used to be like you, you should try to make an impression on them. Just act normal, and show them how Muslims are no different than they are. Try to avoid religion, however when they approach you about it, it is your opportunity to help their curiosity an show them the truth calmly and without lecturing, everytime feed them with a bit of knowledge and try convince them, bit by bit, not all at once, and let them think about it.
wa slam alikom

B.H.

If an atheist has legitimate complaint about a Muslim or Muslims, then be all ears and aknowledge the complaint as a real concern. If they just badmouth the religion, and not a particular failure of a Muslim or Muslims, then the best thing to do is just leave them alone until they are willing to listen.

B.H.

If an atheist has legitimate complaint about a Muslim or Muslims, then be all ears and aknowledge the complaint as a real concern. If they just badmouth the religion, and not a particular failure of a Muslim or Muslims, then the best thing to do is just leave them alone until they are willing to listen.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Be patients .

:salam2: Kind of a strange ie embarrassing question, recently ive found my self to be getting angry with the current events in the world and people who give me lectures on how i shouldn't be practicing islam as much and shouldnt try to influence society. Most of the lectures and world events that drive me to anger come from atheists, in the case of world events i looks at Americas evil leaders (not saying Obama necessarily). thus whenever i see a atheist arrogantly boast about his theory i find my self getting rather angry and wanting to separate my self from him,i know that being angry is a illness from the decedents of adam as it says in the noble quran, but is it normal for a person of religion to want to shun atheists? Im not talking about whether its halal or not just asking if this is somewhat common and if so what should i do should i continue avioding them or should i try to talk to them about things other than religious. sorry for my rather vain un helpful unimportant question lol dont want to take time away from much more serious issues or some more interesting topic. Jazak allah khair for patients and any answers i may receive!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:salam2:

:bismillah:

Surat Al-Kāfirūn (The Disbelievers) - سورة الكافرون
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHwtQRcyI-4&feature=related
[yt]qHwtQRcyI-4[/yt]

:bismillah:
Translation:
Surat Al-Kāfirūn (The Disbelievers) - سورة الكافرون
Say, "O disbelievers
I do not worship what you worship.
Neither are you worshippers of what I worship.
Neither will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Neither will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion,
and for me is my religion."

Just ignore them because by observing this surah
it's no point talking or arguing with them.

Be patients
brother.

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

JenGiove

:salam2: I completely agree! There is a difference between someone who is complaining because of ignorance, incomplete or incorrect knowledge and someone who complains out of pure hate. Hate the haters, advise the ignorant and correct the wrong.

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: i didnt want to start a whole new thread so im reviving this thread

I used to do a little bit of debate at robert spencers "jihad watch" website

I now realize what a time wast that was, they all love to hate, its like there whole life revolves around hate,...

But if i ever meet some deranged cathlic/jewish/ atheist person that wants to stop terrorism by nuking mecca (lol), what should i say to them?

Also i just want to say sorry for my bad spelling and grammar early last month it was at 10:00 pm and i couldnt sleep, and addimitedly i didnt put to much thinking into my grammar as i didnt think i would be at this forum much.

JenGiove

I now realize what a time wast that was, they all love to hate, its like there whole life revolves around hate,..

I've encountered many a people like that, inside Islam and outside of it. Hate perpetuates hate. There's a Buddist saying, "What is the sound of one hand clapping?". I always thought it was an odd question but just the other day I had the realization of what it is talking about. The sound of one hand clapping is the sound of peace. It takes two hands to clap just as it takes two people to fight. If you do not fight, then you are the one actively making the sound of peace. The other person, wanting to clamer about, will eventually experience the futility of their actions and go away. Clapping creates noise and when used appropriately, that noise can either be supportive or disturbing. It takes teamwork to be supportive and that is the only appropriate use, as disruption causes hate and war.

But if i ever meet some deranged cathlic/jewish/ atheist person that wants to stop terrorism by nuking mecca (lol), what should i say to them?

The first thing is calling the police..second...call Mecca and warn them and the third thing to make sure they fall down...ALOT..!

esperanza

revert of many years
if thses people attack muslims of course it is normal to fell anger,,,but as someone else pointed out,,,not all atheisits are the same..and maybe it is just ignorance
im a convert of twenty years,,,my father is an atheist but totally accepting of me
my grandmother was an atheist and it saddens me deeply to this day,,,that i cold not convinvce her of the beauty of islam before she died
so u never know ,maybe there is someone out there can use your guidance,,,,,,,

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال

The Holy Land of Makkah al-Mukarramah is and will ALWAYS be protected by Allaah. If you know someone who has plans to attack Makkah, well, that person will be attack back by BILLIONS of Muslims as a respond.

We know that in every generation, there will be true, sincere Muslims (inshaAllaah we are among those people) fighting in the cause of Allaah alone. Lillahi Ta'ala.

Was-salaam.

Wannabemuslim

:salam2:. thanks, i meant what should i respond to them, i dont think any red necks in america could get there hands on nukes

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Brother, I am right there with you. I too am dealing with some anger relating to something similar. I got into a heated discussion over the weekend with a Christian friend of mine about Islam vs. Christianity and the current events in Palestine. I said some really angry things about Christians and Jews, and I now regret those words.

This has been a long-standing issue of mine even before Islam, so it's something I'm trying to figure out how to deal with.