Is it true??

:salam2:

I've heard that mostly All chocolates are haram because they contain wine :angryred:and whey. so i've ate Ferraro Rocher and my non-muslim friend said that it contains wine. So i want to clarify what kind of chocolates, chewing gums and ice cream are halal and or haram.

Thanks a bunch!

luqma

I've heard that mostly All chocolates are haram because they contain wine :angryred:and whey. so i've ate Ferraro Rocher and my non-muslim friend said that it contains wine. So i want to clarify what kind of chocolates, chewing gums and ice cream are halal and or haram.

Thanks a bunch!
salaamu alykum just read the ingredients if you see wine simply don't eat I hope thats helps

lvn4islam

When wine or any other liquor is used for cooking, the alcohol burns out of it during the process so that all you are left with is the residue of the flavor---no alcohol. Your friend either doesn't know this or is trying to amuse herself by making you worry about it.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

When wine or any other liquor is used for cooking, the alcohol burns out of it during the process so that all you are left with is the residue of the flavor---no alcohol. Your friend either doesn't know this or is trying to amuse herself by making you worry about it.

So you say its okay to cook with liquor or wine?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum

Please what i just saw here is very dangerous, someone passed along an information without any proof or evidence and people are agreeing with the person and many will read it and take that away and will start to eat things cooked with alcohol in it.

Alcohol is haram !

read this fatwa, acquire knowledge from the scholars please

SIster quick note about the chochlate, read the ingredients anything with alcohol, haram geletin, and other ingredient that scholars have agreed on to be haram are haram and rest is all ok :)

Eating Food Cooked with Alcohol
Is it permissible to eat dishes cooked with alcohol? It is well-known that alcohol evaporates with heat.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to eat dishes cooked with alcohol, as ALL the alcohol is not evaporated with cooking or heat. Refer to the following, quoted from the famous Mayo Clinic:

[Begin quote]

Many people believe that because alcohol is sensitive to heat, it is eliminated with cooking. However, not all the alcohol content of alcoholic drinks is removed with heat; it depends on the type and time of cooking. For instance if you add beer or wine to boiling liquid, then immediately remove it from the heat, 85 per cent of the alcohol content will remain. If you light the alcohol, as in flambé dishes, 75 per cent will remain. Even after simmering the dish for one and a half hours, it will still have 20 per cent of the original alcohol content.

It is only if you simmer the mixture for two or more hours, (as you would with a wine-based beef casserole), that as little as five to 10 per cent of the original alcohol content remains.

Mayo Clinic Health Oasis http://www.mayohealth.org

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1814/cook with alcohol

lvn4islam

:salah::salam2:

Please forgive my misinforming you, Sister. I should have checked my facts further before stating them.

Thank you Brother for clearing the matter up.

fada_all

salam laikum wa rahmatu allahi taala wa baakatuh,

well answered masha allah taala dear akhi jazaka allah evey khit here and in life after

Elise

chocolates haram?? I make stuff from chocolate and never came across alcohol in the ingredients!!! that isn't in the recepe! how weird..

it's different with chocolate liquors and those sorts ofcourse

Elise

you make it from coca?like the real one??
Sorry, didn't mean that; I used pre-procedured to make things of chocolate. I should have a home-factory if I did from the beans themselves :p I do know how it's made:

Ingredienst of edible chocolate:

cacaomass (=crushed cacaobeans), sugar, extra cacaobutter and if you like, milkpowder for a less 'pure' chocolate, and vanilla (and sometimes other spices like cinnamon and clove)
white chocolate is from cocaobutter, sugar, vanilla, and milkpowder.

nowhere is there alcohol added or used in the process

So if you eat chocolate without filling (unlike bonbons) you're safe.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Sorry, didn't mean that; I used pre-procedured to make things of chocolate. I should have a home-factory if I did from the beans themselves :p I do know how it's made:

Ingredienst of edible chocolate:

cacaomass (=crushed cacaobeans), sugar, extra cacaobutter and if you like, milkpowder for a less 'pure' chocolate, and vanilla (and sometimes other spices like cinnamon and clove)
white chocolate is from cocaobutter, sugar, vanilla, and milkpowder.

nowhere is there alcohol added or used in the process

So if you eat chocolate without filling (unlike bonbons) you're safe.

thx for this :D cuz i love choc!!! :D

FreeMind.

Knowledge is Power.
I don't think there's that many chocolates that are haram.

The main one, i think, is Truffles, as sometimes they can have gelatine in them, so be sure to check the ingredients on Truffles and any chocolate.

Elise

I don't think there's that many chocolates that are haram.

The main one, i think, is Truffles, as sometimes they can have gelatine in them, so be sure to check the ingredients on Truffles and any chocolate.

Just always check when it's not pure chocolate. Any chocolate with any kind of filling can be examined first if you're not sure. Better be careful than sorry

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Send some chocolates my way and i'll ask the "local sheikh" about the ingredients and mind it he's hungry most of the time. lol btw i'm typing by my left hand as i'm eating chocolate.

WasSalamu 'Alaykum