Delete

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Best strength in this material world is spiritual strength. Let your Lord be pleased with you. Even if you become a martial art expert it is not at all going to help you to shape your Dunya and Akhirah. We are here on planet earth for carving purpose of life.

The zeal and interest which you exhibit for martial art,substitute it by your commitment and love for learning various aspects of Deen of Allah (SWT) and than notice pleasure of your parents and of your own heart,InshaAllah it would be incomparable.

I am not discouraging you. You are blessed for being born to Muslim parenthood. Use this availed blessed state for being a better Muslim with the run of time.

Regards.

Abdullah Espanol

Hello brother!

I agree because I´m getting different answer all the time and I don´t know which one of them are opinions or facts. Should I go to the masjid and ask?

Yes Akhi for example alchol and pork they will be halal one time like u r in desert with no food and drink and u r going to die coz of thirsty hungr so if u get that time alchole and pork it is hala for u for that time to save ur life

so who knows marshal art the intention u r taking for it may be it is hala or harame or makruhu [dislike] so my brother it is better if you go near masjid to u and ask a person who is full of knowlage on the matter of hala and haram
and all my bro's and sis's plz let us stop saying i think it is hala and i think it is haram the deen can not be sayed i think so I dont know know is half of knowlage , when it comes HALAL Haram And makruhu[dislike] let us be carefull coz we can missguide that person with small thing
Allahu alam

Amir_of_spain

Asalam wailkium.

Wow and Wow! I'm totally shocked and suprised, or should i be? This is another example where a simple common sense has left the Muslims and over deep religious analysis has been brought into play on a simple question. Firstly the sahabas did wrestling to keep fit and strong, it was part of training, training for the day when it would be used to defend the Ummah.
If we do not train and learn how to defend oneself physically, then what will happen when some on the street or neighbourhood attacks your family? Wife? Sisters?
We must learn how to defend ourselves, period!
MMA is good for health, fitness and learning skills to defend and fight when required. Otherwise if a hijabi is getting abused on the streets, a brother who is untrained will hesitate in the moment, knowing he doesn't know how to fight. Oh and someone said spiritual strength is the best.. come on guys, u need both, you need to do your duas and then also take action, is that how the sabahas defeated the romans and persians by just making dua alone?

Just a thought.

May Allah be pleased with

muslim56

Human Being
:salam2:
The question of MMA being halaal or haraam all comes down to the intention of a person. If a person intended to learn these martial arts for self-defense or defense of religion, it is not only allowed, it is something recommended by the religion.
However, if learning these arts was intended to harm others, or to show off, or to harm the religion and other intentions like it, it is not allowed in the religion.

When you are sparring or in a real fight, it is best to dispel your opponent in a way that would require as minimum pain as possible. In a real fight, if that way doesn't work and you have no other choice, you are free to strike anywhere you please except the face(leave the groin for desperate situations:SMILY335:").

I do hope, brother ibecco, that my answer may have made things easier for you.
DON'T take my answer to be a fatwa or anything, I only answered to the best of my ability and there may be a better answer out there.

And Allah knows best.

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum

My very stupid advice.....
Flip a coin and when it is in the middle of the air ask yourself which side would you like it to turn about.....that's your answer.
or you can offer two rakat istikhara salah and ask ALLAH to guide you.:):)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Just out of curiosity is there any martial arts a muslim can learn and have only Islamic rules applied,like during warfare etc?Would that be bid'ah?

:wasalam:

IslamIsSimple

I went to the masjid yesterday and asked this question. The person I asked didn´t know :/ What now? Should I start trainaning and then make a dua for guidance to see if I made the right choice or what??

In Usool Al Fiqh theres a rule... everything is halal unless mentioned otherwise. You can keep on asking for sure, but I dont think its right to not do something waiting for someone to say its ok (or to say its haram), especially that in the beginning you wont even be fighting real fights. Just Jiu Jitsu and so on..

Even in the long run, I think its an issue in which different opinions will always exist. I dont think theres anything wrong with learning BJJ and dont think anyone can provide any evidence to prove its haram, therefore it remains in its original state. And thats if we dont even consider it recommended, as the sahabah did wrestle etc.

IslamIsSimple

Hello brother!

Yes, but who should I ask now? I´m asking about MMA which has aspects of jiu-jitsu and wrestling in it, but also striking. It´s Mixed Martial Arts. I think it´s best if I pray for guidance because Allah SWT knows best.

Either way you'll have to put much time in grappling compared to striking as its more time consuming. So unless you're going to focus on striking, you have plenty of time to get your grappling base to a higher level. It'll take years just to get your purple belt in BJJ (or an equivelent level in wrestling). So you have plenty of time.

In the meanwhile, whenever you come across someone knowledgable AND who actually understands what MMA is, then you can trust his ruling and he'll probably have good evidence for that.

Another rule in Usool Al Fiqh is that the ruling on something, is a part of how you percieve it. I think many dont have a very good understanding of sports alltogether let alone MMA, to give a sound ruling.

Insha'Allah you'll come accross someone knowledgable in Islam AND MMA, willing to take the responsibility of giving a fatwa. And as you said, pray for guidence.

Best wishes bro.