Is My Ghusl Valid? Urgent!

lightofnur

Assalammualaikum all.

I'm in need of an urgent answer ... as in today itself. You see, I did my ghusl earlier today, and I did it properly. However, nearing Isha' I realized that I still had plaster (band aid) marks on my elbow. I wore a plaster like, a few days before today's ghusl. I'm really worried. Is my ghusl valid or do I have to repeat? I've managed to remove the plaster marks now. They were really unnoticeable until I saw a plaster shape-mark on the - how do I say this? - the part above the elbow. Like when we take an injection? Yes, just a little below that.

Please reply ASAP, and thanks VERY much in advance to those who answer. May Allah Bless all of you!

EDIT: I did ghusl because my period is over. And by plaster, I mean band-aid. :) Also, I found this here:
http://islamendlessbliss.wordpress....revent-the-performance-of-ghusl-and-ablution/

"3- After performing a ghusl, if you see a waterproof substance, such as gum, on any spot of your skin, it suffices to remove that substance and wash under it. A new ghusl will not be necessary. The situation is also as such in the Mâlikî Madhhab."

I always chose the strongest opinion, so I'm not stuck to any madhab in particular. But if I have a leaning towards Shafie madhab. So ...? What next?

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah!

Err, wait a minute... Did you do ghusul because you just removed your plaster(by plaster, you mean band-aid right?)..? And not because you just finished your...time of the month?

Ghusul is needed for when one has to become tahaar(pure/clean) again after a cycle(for women) and the lawful act (for the spouse) has been over with it. I've never heard of making ghusul after a plaster being removed. I mean regular washing up and whatnot, I understand...but Ghusul?

Whatever the case, I'd suggest you repeat your 'Ghusuul' since you're in doubt, ukhty I'm sure it shouldn't take more than ten minutes of your time...

lightofnur

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah!

Err, wait a minute... Did you do ghusul because you just removed your plaster(by plaster, you mean band-aid right?)..? And not because you just finished you..time of the month?

Ghusul is needed for when one has to become tahaar(pure/clean) again after a cycle(for women) and the lawful act (for the spouse) has been over with it. I've never heard of making ghusul after a plaster being removed. I mean regular washing up and whatnot, I understand..but Ghusuul?

Whatever the case, I'd suggest you repeat your 'Ghusuul' since you're in doubt, ukhty I'm sure it shouldn't take more than ten minutes of your time...

Sis, I edited my post. :D Please refer to the above word EDIT. Also, since I've got OCD-ish traits, I feel heavy to repeat my ghusl ... I will do it if I have to, I guess, but I just want to make sure.

JenGiove

:salam2:

Sister LightofNur, I think the word in English you are looking for relating to the "plaster" is actually "adhesive". I thought I'd let you know. If you are talking about the inside of the upper arm, that is the bi-cep while the outside part is the tri-cep.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

It's fine as long as you are sure the water reached that part of the body and removed any 'waterproof' stuff before ghusl. The plaster mark could be there probably because it was a very sticky band-aid and might take some time for the mark to leave.

Nothing to worry about inshaa'Allaah.

P.S Since a long time has passed since your question- I am guessing you already did another ghusl to avoid the doubt.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Assalammualaikum all.

I'm in need of an urgent answer ... as in today itself. You see, I did my ghusl earlier today, and I did it properly. However, nearing Isha' I realized that I still had plaster (band aid) marks on my elbow. I wore a plaster like, a few days before today's ghusl. I'm really worried. Is my ghusl valid or do I have to repeat? I've managed to remove the plaster marks now. They were really unnoticeable until I saw a plaster shape-mark on the - how do I say this? - the part above the elbow. Like when we take an injection? Yes, just a little below that.

Please reply ASAP, and thanks VERY much in advance to those who answer. May Allah Bless all of you!

EDIT: I did ghusl because my period is over. And by plaster, I mean band-aid. :) Also, I found this here:
http://islamendlessbliss.wordpress....revent-the-performance-of-ghusl-and-ablution/

"3- After performing a ghusl, if you see a waterproof substance, such as gum, on any spot of your skin, it suffices to remove that substance and wash under it. A new ghusl will not be necessary. The situation is also as such in the Mâlikî Madhhab."

I always chose the strongest opinion, so I'm not stuck to any madhab in particular. But if I have a leaning towards Shafie madhab. So ...? What next?

~~~

We are advice to remove/checked before performing our Ghusl: (Obligatory Baths)
of any traces of plaster,gum,paint,oil,nail paint(cutex) e.t.c e.t.c that will
avoid/keep the ghusl(bath) water to reach as to valid the bath, require the water to reach all part of our body!

That is why before peforming our bath we should clean our body first of dirty/foreign traces before performing our Ghusl: (Obligatory Baths).

Your Ghusl: (Obligatory Baths) is invalidate due to the explainary you make that you still had plaster (band aid) marks on your elbow that you had fail to clean/remove it.

You should clean first before your ghusl (Obligatory Baths).

You need to repeat your ghusl .
It so easy and fast.

It is sinful if we delay performing our Ghusl: (Obligatory Baths).
becuse delaying Ghusl will all togehter delaying what had been fardh upon us.

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀─█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀─▀─▀▀▀─█───▀───────▀▀▀╠╣
╠╣█─█──▀──█─█─█─█▀▀▀█─█▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─█╠╣
╠╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀──▀▀▀╠╣
╠╚╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╝╣
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak To
All My Family In Islam.

Take Care!
~Wassalam.

ayesha.ansari

Reply plz

If some one has seriously sick and have a plaster on his arm and Doctor say that He can not use Water the do he need to do Tayamum the other kind of wazoo and gusl for the remaining body parts. what do you know about this. :tti_sister:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Allah(swt) Is Al Rahmaan And Al Rahiim!

If some one has seriously sick and have a plaster on his arm and Doctor say that He can not use Water the do he need to do Tayamum the other kind of wazoo and gusl for the remaining body parts. what do you know about this. :tti_sister:

~~~

Ofcourse in this special state this someone has to attend to that one's part seriously sick first: like if it treaten to cause more worst state!
Then cure it first!

If this some one think it alright for to go futher like to do Tayamum the other kind of wudhu' and ghusl (Obligatory Baths)
for the remaining body parts.
Then please proceed.

If can't like the (hurt/injure body part) will becoming worst that the need of curing first have to take place,
then wait till the process of cure take in
but remember:
to make ghusl of need and make up the miss prayer once recover!

May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslim~Amin!

╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀─█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀─▀─▀▀▀─█───▀───────▀▀▀╠╣
╠╣█─█──▀──█─█─█─█▀▀▀█─█▀█─█╠╣
╠╣█─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀─█╠╣
╠╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀──▀▀▀╠╣
╠╚╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╝╣
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak To
All My Family In Islam.

Thank you,
Take Care!
~Wassalam :)

lightofheaven

Your Ghusl is Valid Inchalah

Assalamou alykoum,

My friend your ghusl is valid inchalah, God do not take us about a mistake like this, our religion is to be easy in our life not to make it difficult to people,
and look what Aicha Radia Alahou anha says: "if The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him was between two things he takes the easier it was not a sin"

this is my opinion, wa Allaho alam

Taufeeq salfi

Assalamu alaikum sister, there are some conditions in which ghusul becomes wajib(compulsury)
when tahara is broken(when u become impure) and on the day of friday.
You said you'd taken ghusul with plaster and below the plaster water has not reached right?
So your ghusul is valid because you'd had the condition and to do so and islam accepts these kinds of situations.
Because allah S.W.T says " we want to do easier for you not dificult.
Salamu alaikum