Question: Is smoking weed haram?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

Smoking weed is haram, this is due to the harm of smoking as well as the effects of the drug. Are you smoking for medicinal purposes?

Fashionista

yes weed is haram as ALLAH wouldn't permit anything which wud harm us so like smoking and other drugs are also not allowed hope i helped

Sakeena

I've smoked it before (didn't know it was harram at the time though n thought it wud help my health). I wouldn't recommend it. Makes me act crazy n I thought the ceiling was singing to me. After my reactions to it I knew well that something wasn't right. Alhamdulilah I'm clean now. :D

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Thank you so much, its just its very difficult to stop this bad habbit. I hope to quit

:salam:
Dear sister,
Make a pledge that you need badly to stop the bad habit BEFORE drug take over and totally destroy your internal system and you.

You have to reschedule your habit in order to kick the bad habit off !
this,especially you NEED to be active meaning making a point to input exercise as part of your daily routine in order to flush it out with GOOD oxygen in to you,
eating right and focus in good healthy life style will support you~ insya'allah.
Do Not wait start now before it's too LATE!!!

marijuana-lungs.jpg

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam

Last edited:

amyaishazouaoui

So what about for example medicinal cannabis oil, which is low in THC (the stuff that makes you high) and high in cannaboids. It is a well known natural anti cancer agent. I know there are groups in the US called moms for medical marijuana who obtain certain strains of this product to fight cancer in their kids as they dont want to give them conventional therapies because of the other damage it does to their bodies.

I have a very nice and kind alternative christian friend here (well kind of christian, but the largely follow the old testament and worship on sabbath) who is currently suffering from thyroid cancer and has chosen the natural therapy route so she can continue to nurse her baby. So far in the past 2 months the cancer has stopped growing!!! I do not believe she is using the cannabis oil medicinally as it is unavailable in our state but I think it is necessary to remember that Allah put all of these creations on earth for a reason. Perhaps "weed" may have much benefit for certain illnesses that we are currently unaware of.

Please note I am not advocating the use of weed or any of its derivatives. :)

amyaishazouaoui

Wa alaikum salam, Do you know if there is any scientific research papers on the effect of black seed on cancer cells? For all the other treatments she is using there is significant research and evidence, just not enough to suit the big pharma companies. Im thinking Black seed may contain some of the compounds that she is already taking from other sources. Hmmmm maybe I can look it up and see what she thinks. Anything helps right?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Anticancer Activity of Nigella sativa (Black Seed) — A Review
Mohammad Akram Randhawa
  • Correspondence to: Dr. Muhammad Akram Randhawa, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Dammam, P.O. Box 2114, Dammam 31451, Saudi Arabia. Tel: (+966) 3-857-7000 (ext. 2146), Fax: (+966) 3-857-9332.
  • Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Dammam, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Mastour Safar Alghamdi
  • Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Dammam, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Nigella sativa (N. sativa) seed has been an important nutritional flavoring agent and natural remedy for many ailments for centuries in ancient systems of medicine, e.g. Unani, Ayurveda, Chinese and Arabic Medicines. Many active components have been isolated from N. sativa, including thymoquinone, thymohydroquinone, dithymoquinone, thymol, carvacrol, nigellimine-N-oxide, nigellicine, nigellidine and alpha-hederin. In addition, quite a few pharmacological effects of N. sativa seed, its oil, various extracts and active components have been identified to include immune stimulation, anti-inflammation, hypoglycemic, antihypertensive, antiasthmatic, antimicrobial, antiparasitic, antioxidant and anticancer effects. Only a few authors have reviewed the medicinal properties of N. sativa and given some description of the anticancer effects. A literature search has revealed that a lot more studies have been recently carried out related to the anticancer activities of N. sativa and some of its active compounds, such as thymoquinone and alpha-hederin. Acute and chronic toxicity studies have recently confirmed the safety of N. sativa oil and its most abundant active component, thymoquinone, particularly when given orally. The present work is aimed at summarizing the extremely valuable work done by various investigators on the effects of N. sativa seed, its extracts and active principles against cancer. Those related to the underlying mechanism of action, derivatives of thymoquinone, nano thymoquinone and combinations of thymoquinone with the currently used cytotoxic drugs are of particular interest. We hope this review will encourage interested researchers to conduct further preclinical and clinical studies to evaluate the anticancer activities of N. sativa, its active constituents and their derivatives.

Read More: http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S0192415X1100941X

Also: http://www.querycat.com/question/60e27ad03a84bd0be767d8704b60f844