Is talking to Hindu people haram ??

loverasool

السلام عليكم
I want to know if talking to hindu people haram, i mean is it haram to have hindu friends
jazakom allah kheir

learnermuslim

Salaams,

Imho

No of course it's not, just as long as you don't become a hindu yourself, allow them to ridicule Islam. As a general rule only people who lead you astray, cause you harm; be they Hindu, Muslim any religion; should not be your friends, or in company you keep.

Fi amanAllah

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Friendship means something special.
You can just have 'hello hi' with the hindus but you cant take them as friend. They will always have something hidden bad about you in their heart. Yes, there some good people among hindus, but 90% of all hindus cant be your welwishers. Even if some hindus look 'just fine' to you, you should never ever put your trust and your secrets on him.

I have some hindus around me. Only one of them is better because he has better international exposure and is more open minded. Another hindu who I used to think was 'ok' but he told me had had been member of 'RSS' for 6 years. And RSS is that organization which supports the raping, burining and exile of Muslims in India.

Wassalaam,
VE

firdeus

Just my humble opinion. Yesterday I was in a conference, and masha allah was very good lecture, but what it stayed with me , was one call that sheikh pinpointed more than once. Be aware of the friends you associate yourself with, as your religion is the religion of your best friend. In shortly, have good communication, but don't get too close, just to safeguard better your religion. If anything good comes from my speech is from Allah alone, and if anything bad is from Satan or myself (I seek refuge to Allah from both).

Hope it helps

Assalamu alaikum we rahmatullahu we barakatuhu :hijabi:

apocalypse77

sure why not?are we a muslims trying to project image that muslims are terrorrist and that were intolerant of other pple's faifhs?

thats not to say ure a 100% yesman to everytihng that say or do either.i mean every rules have boundaries..as long as that person doesnt lead u to or influence/pressuruse u to sins etc u and the other person shld have a sense of tolerance

JD19

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Friendship means something special.
You can just have 'hello hi' with the hindus but you cant take them as friend. They will always have something hidden bad about you in their heart. Yes, there some good people among hindus, but 90% of all hindus cant be your welwishers. Even if some hindus look 'just fine' to you, you should never ever put your trust and your secrets on him.

Thats generalizing and thats wrong. You saying 90% of Hindus cant be your wellwishers is as wrong as someone saying 90% of Muslims are terrorists - Theres no proof to either statement.

You shouldnt teach people to stereotype another. Judge each individual on their own merits...

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Well brother, brother virtualeye kinda said the truth really. Like I always wear a kufi whe nI go outside. And then I once went to the laundry store and there were 2 hindu men. And they joked and luaghed and when one of them saw me the smile on his face went away as though I smacked him. And a lot of HIndus and Shiks say trash about Muslims.

But all of them aren't stupid. I'm just saying the most Hindu guys are. Like a young HHindu girl oppressing Muslim men? Or beating up Muslim girls? Hindu men have been hurting Muslims for years. And the good Hindus are the ones that have no clue about Muslims or aren't pranoid agaisnt them. The best are those who become Muslim. :)

JD19

Well, as an old Hindu who is now a Muslim, I can say that there are prejudice amongst Hindus against Muslims but you cant say most of 837 million hindu followers are prejudice based on a certian few bad apples... this is the same argument i have with non-muslims when i defend muslims against terrorism...

and if they are indeed prejudice, 2 wrongs dont make a right - changes are made by leading an example. If they are indeed prejudice then being prejudice toward them wouldnt fix the problem...

How would the Prophet (pbuh) handle the situation?

In The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger. Inshallah this will help answer your question.

Source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...nglish-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaEAskTheScholar

In the first place, we would like to stress that Islam urges all Muslims to deal kindly and justly with all people. Muslims should have good relations with all people. At school, at work, in your neighborhood, etc., you should be kind and courteous to everyone. Muslims are allowed to have non-Muslims as friends as long as they keep their own faith and commitment to Islam pure and strong. Allah has clearly forbidden Muslims from fighting those who fight not their faith or drive them out from their homes. Referring to this, [Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers.] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)

In his response to the question, Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi, President of the Fiqh Council ofNorth America, states:

The Qur'an does not say that non-Muslims cannot be Muslims' friends, nor does it forbid Muslims to be friendly to non-Muslims. There are many non-Muslims who are good friends of Muslim individuals and the Muslim community. There are also many good Muslims who truly and sincerely observe their faith and are very friendly to many non-Muslims at the same time.

Islam teaches us that we should be friendly to all people. Islam teaches us that we should deal even with our enemies with justice and fairness. Allah says in the Qur'an in the beginning of the same Surat Al-Ma’dah: [O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah as witnesses to fair dealings and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just, that is next to piety. Fear Allah, indeed Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do.] (Al-Ma’dah 5 :8)

In another place in the Qur'an, Allah Almighty says:

[Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers.] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)

Moreover, Allah Almighty has described Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as "a mercy" to the worlds. He was a sign of Allah's Mercy to all, Muslims as well as non-Muslims. In his kindness and fair treatment he did not make any difference between the believers and non-believers. He was kind to the pagans of Makkah and fought them only when they fought him. He made treaties with the Jews of Madinah and honored the treaties until they broke them.

He (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have received the Christians of Najran with kindness in his Masjid in Madinah. They argued with him about Islam, but he returned them with honor and respect. There are many examples from his life that show that he was the friendliest person to all people.

In the verse you quoted, the word "Awliya" is used. It is a plural and its singular is "wali". The correct translation of the word ""wali"" is not "friend" but it is someone who is very close and intimate. It is also used to mean "guardian, protector, patron, lord and master".

In the Qur'an this word is used for God, such as [Allah is the Protector (or Lord and Master) of those who believe. He takes them out from the depths of darkness to light…] (Al- Baqarah 2: 257)

There are many other references in the Qur'an that give this meaning. The same word is also sometimes used in the Qur'an for human beings, such as [And whosoever is killed unjustly, We have granted his next kin "wali" the authority (to seek judgement or punishment in this case)…] (Al-‘Isra' 17 :33)

The correct translation of the verse in Surat Al-Ma’idah is: [O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma'dah 5: 51)

It is obvious that Jews patronize the Jews and Christians patronize the Christians, so why not Muslims patronize Muslims and support their own people. This verse is not telling us to be against Jews or Christians, but it is telling us that we should take care of our own people and we must support each other.

In his Tafsir, (Qur’an exegesis) Imam Ibn Kathir has mentioned that some scholars say that this verse (i.e. the one you referred to) was revealed after the Battle of Uhud when Muslims had a set back. At that time, a Muslim from Madinah said, "I am going to live with Jews so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah." And another person said, "I am going to live with Christians so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah." So Allah revealed this verse reminding the believers that they should not seek the protection from others, but should protect each other. (See Ibn Kathir, Al-Tafsir, vol. 2, p. 68)

Muslims are allowed to have non-Muslims as friends as long as they keep their own faith and commitment to Islam pure and strong. You are correct in pointing out that a Muslim man is also allowed to marry a Jewish or Christian woman. It is obvious that one marries someone for love and friendship. If friendship between Muslims and Jews or Christians was forbidden, then why would Islam allow a Muslim man to marry a Jew or Christian woman? It is the duty of Muslims to patronize Muslims. They should not patronize any one who is against their faith or who fights their faith, even if they were their fathers and brothers. Allah says: [O you who believe! Take not for protectors (awliya') your fathers and your brothers if they love unbelief above faith. If any of you do so, they are indeed wrong-doers.] (Al-Tawbah 9: 23)

In a similar way, the Qur'an also tells Muslims that they should never patronize the non-Muslims against other Muslims. However, if some Muslims do wrong to some non-Muslims, it is Muslims' duty to help the non-Muslims and save them from oppression. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that he himself will defend a Dhimmi living among Muslims to whom injustice is done by Muslims. But Islam also teaches that Muslims should not seek the patronage of non-Muslims against other Muslims. They should try to solve their problems among themselves. Allah Almighty says, [Let not the Believers take the unbelievers as their patrons over against the Believers…] (Aal-'Imran 3: 28)
He Almighty also says: [O you who believe! Take not for patrons unbelievers rather than Believers. Do you wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves?] (An-Nisaa’ 4:144)

In summary, you should be fair and just and treat non-Muslims with kindness, but it is better for Muslims not to take them as close companions as you would with your other brothers and sisters, in Islam. You have more bondage and closer relationship with a Muslim than a non-Muslim. Generally speaking, If you want advice- take it from the Muslim, the believer, because his advice is from the Creator (Allah) than a non-Muslim who has been taught incorrectly, which is not from the Creator (Allah).

salmanzaid

Be nice, but very careful

About friendship with hindus,
my point of view as an ex-iskcon associate.
( Oh, may Allah forgive me !!!!! )

Make every attempt to show them kindness, generosity, politeness -
show them that we mean them no harm & that we are good people.
BUT - some of them will make it their lifes mission to CONVERT YOU.

"They will not cease from war - until they turn you BACK from your deen".
:SMILY209:

They will use subtle ways ( eg: 'Oh Simon, you are such a nice devotee of Lord Krishna' ) or more gross ways ( eg: openly critisise Islam ).

So be careful of them - flee from those who have honeyed lips & use flattery,
these are false. On their mouth is friendship, but in their heart they want to make you a kafr & they hate Islam although they hide it.
Members of iskcon in particular are determined to make everyone chant "Hare Krishna". They in truth worship the Guru as God.
The truth is that they worship their guru as GOD, and NOT even Radha-Krishna or anything else. The Guru is really their God.
Prabhupada(iskcon founder) was obsessed with sexuality, he was intensely greedy and he ruthlessly expoited the troubled souls who came to him. He didn't care about anybody at all - he only cared about living out his fantasy of being a Guru.

If it wasn't for Islam, I dread to think where I'd be now !:salah:

If you are going to be friends with them and hang out together -
Choose hindus who respect you very much and will not try to manipulate you in any way, who will never critisize what your beliefs are.
I am still on friendly terms with a small no' of devotees, but conversation is a little limited. How much nice conversation can you really have, when what we believe is 1000 kilometers apart ? And there are other devotees that I shall never speak to again, because some of them dealt with me duplicitiously and blasphemed the prophet (pbuh).

A good trick I sometimes do, if they 'open fire' and mock me or critisize me - is to shoot back and call them 'rock worshippers' or something else like that.
The concept of accepting a ROCK as a deity is just bananas !
They usually shut up after that, although that is a harsh thing to do.
Abdurraheem Green said that Christianity deserved to be mocked, and I am
inclined to think, that under the right circumstances - hinduism can be as well.

Hope I haven't offended anybody out there, but I want to save anybody from getting 'sucked in' by the manipulators, expoiters and fakes.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Well, as an old Hindu who is now a Muslim, I can say that there are prejudice amongst Hindus against Muslims but you cant say most of 837 million hindu followers are prejudice based on a certian few bad apples... this is the same argument i have with non-muslims when i defend muslims against terrorism...

and if they are indeed prejudice, 2 wrongs dont make a right - changes are made by leading an example. If they are indeed prejudice then being prejudice toward them wouldnt fix the problem...

How would the Prophet (pbuh) handle the situation?
I don't know. Maybe you can ask Hadrat Esa or Imam Mehdi when they come to save the Muslims brother.:lol:

You are right brother being prejudice agaisnt them isn't the answer. Like after Saddam Hussein got hanged then when the Muslims went on strike in Pakistan or India, a hindu women said that "no one has the right to do this" or as to say no one can blame one person and make him only pay the toll even though he was provoked to do it by other people.

The above about Saddam was with the US that how can they get off the hook even though they and Britian supplied him with arms and bribed him to kill Muslims?

So like what I said before brother Hindu women aren't exactley the ones who oppress or slander Muslims because they think that anyone who is peaceful deserves to be respected. That's sad that they beleive in global peace to help make the world better but they commit shirk.

A lot of the oppressers are Hindu men but it's not like all Hindu Men oppress Muslims though.

Salam brother.
by these other people.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
About friendship with hindus,
my point of view as an ex-iskcon associate.
( Oh, may Allah forgive me !!!!! )

Make every attempt to show them kindness, generosity, politeness -
show them that we mean them no harm & that we are good people.
BUT - some of them will make it their lifes mission to CONVERT YOU.

"They will not cease from war - until they turn you BACK from your deen".
:SMILY209:

They will use subtle ways ( eg: 'Oh Simon, you are such a nice devotee of Lord Krishna' ) or more gross ways ( eg: openly critisise Islam ).

So be careful of them - flee from those who have honeyed lips & use flattery,
these are false. On their mouth is friendship, but in their heart they want to make you a kafr & they hate Islam although they hide it.
Members of iskcon in particular are determined to make everyone chant "Hare Krishna". They in truth worship the Guru as God.
The truth is that they worship their guru as GOD, and NOT even Radha-Krishna or anything else. The Guru is really their God.
Prabhupada(iskcon founder) was obsessed with sexuality, he was intensely greedy and he ruthlessly expoited the troubled souls who came to him. He didn't care about anybody at all - he only cared about living out his fantasy of being a Guru.

If it wasn't for Islam, I dread to think where I'd be now !:salah:

If you are going to be friends with them and hang out together -
Choose hindus who respect you very much and will not try to manipulate you in any way, who will never critisize what your beliefs are.
I am still on friendly terms with a small no' of devotees, but conversation is a little limited. How much nice conversation can you really have, when what we believe is 1000 kilometers apart ? And there are other devotees that I shall never speak to again, because some of them dealt with me duplicitiously and blasphemed the prophet (pbuh).

A good trick I sometimes do, if they 'open fire' and mock me or critisize me - is to shoot back and call them 'rock worshippers' or something else like that.
The concept of accepting a ROCK as a deity is just bananas !
They usually shut up after that, although that is a harsh thing to do.
Abdurraheem Green said that Christianity deserved to be mocked, and I am
inclined to think, that under the right circumstances - hinduism can be as well.

Hope I haven't offended anybody out there, but I want to save anybody from getting 'sucked in' by the manipulators, expoiters and fakes.
:lol: By Allah you have the funniest jokes brother! :lol: "At least I don't worship rocks."

:salam2: I have had a lot of hindu friends and believe me they are really sweet. Infact the girls even fasted with me cause they wanted to feel how muslims fast. Yes i have also met some real bad hindus. And man they talk rubbish. So it is a mix of good and bad.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
That's true sister. The same things with Muslims like who's the observing Muslim (Al Zidane) or who's the losers (Al Zalimun).

And I'm not saying that hindus are bad people, like they beleive that the killing of an innocent man is unjust, cheating, lying, and killing is unjust. The sad thing about them is that they commit Shirk. :(

But La Huwla Wa La Quwata there is someone who's name is Kalki Avatar who is really our Rasool (SAW) and the Hindus are still waiting for Kalki, or the last prophet (for them) to come.

rizzumd

Your brother
:salam2:

My experiences with hindus are good. Especially in India if you go for higher studies, you may not find muslim brothers in whole course.. So you may have to stay with them...
Even now I share apartment with hindu brother. That doesn't mean that I become like him.. I still pray Namaz and follow my deen.. I never faced any problem with him in practicing my religion. In fact I always share with him about biography of our prophet mohammad(Pbuh) and share hadith related to good manners.. he likes listening to them.. who knows Allah can open anyones heart at any time.. just we pray for that and best thing for dawa is being good muslim.

:wasalam:

FaiQ_KhaLiFa

concerning non-believers,

if they talked harsh towards us, don't do the same bcoz they are not our teachers,

if they laught on us, don't do the same bcoz they are not our teachers,

if they mock us, don't do the same bcoz they are not our teachers,

our teacher is Rasulullah pbuh, and he taught us to be patience.

Allah said:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!" (al Fussilat:34)

if we do not want others to be prejudice towards us, do the same...

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Thats generalizing and thats wrong. You saying 90% of Hindus cant be your wellwishers is as wrong as someone saying 90% of Muslims are terrorists - Theres no proof to either statement.

You shouldnt teach people to stereotype another. Judge each individual on their own merits...

Excuse me...

I belong to Pakistan. And we better know how many of our sisters's honor was sacrificed and how many of hundreds of thousands of people were sacrificed when Pakistan was made. Our forefather had been living among hindus for hundreds of years. Their final conclusions are different from your fantasies.

My experience is not just related to a couple of hindus but I belong to that origin who knows each bit of hindus (no matter you are ex-hindu, but you also know who RSS, BJP and Bajrang Dal are) And you better know how those 'good' hindus kept mum while Muslims were being raped and burnt in Gujrat. You better know how brutally the hindu establishment supports the massacres of Muslims, i.e. Nerinder moodi in collaboration with Baal Thakray etc..

And I did not tell to hate hindus but just to be precautious and dont NOT share your secrets with them. A true Muslim is always better for you to have him as friend. Yes, the common public of hindus might have some good attitude but you could only be more socializing with them when you are living between them. Otherwise our muslims brothers are not dead that you prefer to make hindus as your friends.

Wassalaam,
VE

JD19

You saying:"And you better know how those 'good' hindus kept mum while Muslims were being raped and burnt in Gujrat."

Is like me saying Good Muslims stayed mum when The World Trade Center fell.... is that a right thing to say? No it isnt....

All im saying is - youre acting toward another group exactly how people act toward Muslims. Stereotyping isnt gonna change the situation.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Cool down brothers, PEACE PEACE PEACE !!!:angryred: :angryred: :angryred: :tantrum1: :tantrum1: :tantrum1: :SMILY47: :SMILY29: :fighta: :holaaa: :SMILY45: :SMILY71:

Please brothers, we are here to discuss the issues with Ummah. Why waste our time proving who is better than who. I request all of you my dear brothers, leave this topic. The question have already been replied and theres no need to further get into this. And forgive me brothers if i hurt any of you but please put this issue off for the sake of Allah.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
You saying:"And you better know how those 'good' hindus kept mum while Muslims were being raped and burnt in Gujrat."

Is like me saying Good Muslims stayed mum when The World Trade Center fell.... is that a right thing to say? No it isnt....

All im saying is - youre acting toward another group exactly how people act toward Muslims. Stereotyping isnt gonna change the situation.

Those Muslims who were quite and not only that, they were happy at 9/11, why??? They were not happy for the killing of those 2500 civilians but they were happy that someone could pay this crazy dog (America) in their own coin. They were happy to see the symbol of 'Godly Pride' of America going into gutter.

Muslims kept mum on 9/11 because they were already being oppressed and being killed/raped by America, and not only that many nonMuslim countries alos suffered from the venom of that Satanic regime. That was the reason.
Otherwise, we Muslims did not invade india or oppressed or raped the hindus all over the world that compare those hindus with same situation. Muslims are already oppressed.
No point to compare.

Still dont get it?

Here is the summary:

9/11 case: America was oppressor and invader. Muslims were oppressed.
Gujrat case: Hindus were oppressors and Muslims were being oppressed already, not hindus.

Our only standard is Islam, not the western propaganda about humanity.

Wassalaam,
VE