Is there supplications for Suhoor?

Naasih

Is there any supplication which can be said befor Suhoor while observing the fast?

I don't know of anything specific for suhoor. Anyone who knows of an authentic narration regarding that is welcome to help this questioner, and with Allaah is the reward.

We can keep in mind the following general guidances:

[1] Saying bismillaah before eating/drinking;

[2] Saying [al-hamdulillaah] after eating/drinking;

[3] Saying ( الحمد لله الذي أطعمني هذا الطعام وروقنيه من غير حول مني ولا قوة ) "al-hamdulillaah allathee at'amanee hathat-ta'aam wrazaqaneeh min ghayri hawlin minee wa laa quwwah" after eating (sunan abee Daawood 4023, al-Albaanee: "hasan")

[4] Supplicating with ( اللهم إنك عفو تحب العفو فاعف عنا ) "Allaahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul-'afwa fa'fu 'annaa" in the nights of Ramadhaan, seeking laylatul-qadr (not related to one's eating of suhoor, however it can be said before/after/while eating).

[5] Supplicating for one's needs in general since it is the last third of the night (this includes suhoor time outside of Ramadhaan as well), since Allaah is closest to His servants in the last third of the night when He descends to the lowest heaven (not related to one's eating of suhoor, however supplications can be made before/after/while eating).

And there is a post on sahab.net from Aboo 'Aasim al-Ghaamidee (may Allaah reward him well) about the mistakes people make when fasting. In it, he says:

quote:
4- قد يخص بعض الناس السحور بأدعية خاصة ولا بعلم دعاء خاصا بالسحور فلا ينبغي التعدي إلا لو دعى لأمر عارض لايريد تخصيص السحور فالدعاء المطلق لكل وقت لايخص وقتا دون وقت قال تعالى : {وقال ربكم ادعوني استجب لكم }.

"And some people may specify some supplications to be said at suhoor, however [I do not know] any specific supplication for suhoor, and thus it is not befitting to transgress (what is authentically narrated). Except that a person may supplicate for something specific due to a pressing need, without intending to specify it for suhoor. So general supplications for any time (should be made), without making them specific for one occasion or another. And Allaah the Most High has said (what means), (And your Lord has said: Call upon me and I shall answer you.)"

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Jazakallahu khayr, also there is no specific thing to read with regards intention for fasting. That is in our heart, as we know we will be fasting for Allah (subhana wa ta3ala).

wasalam.