Islam and Christianity

Mikaeel

2.) Mikaeel, you quote Isaiah 43:11 - "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." As a Christian I can wholeheartedly agree with this, for when God speaks in the Old Testament, He speaks as Trinity - as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus says "Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58) Jesus has existed from eternity - he did not come into existence when he was born of Mary, but has always existed with the Father. His work of salvation was also the work of the Father who sent Him, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Hello again Curious.

I was concerned that perhaps there was more than curiosity that led to your first post and your subsequent post shows just cause for my concern. I am willing to answer your questions if they are presented from a genuine heart, however if you are following a separate agenda then perhaps we should simply agree not to waste one another's time and move on.

Speaking from my own position as a former Methodist pastor, I see glaring holes in what you try to present as evidence. Yes, there is no doubt that before Abraham was born, God was. Perhaps you prefer to think there was no deeper significance to the statement found in John 8:58? Perhaps you feel that Jesus simply was using bad grammar? If you feel there is no deeper significance to the "I AM" statement, then you are ignoring the finer points of this particular discourse. Wasn't this the third "I AM" statement of the discourse? (8:24, 8:28 and 8:58 are the passages, if memory serves. Correct me if I err.) Concentrating on the one statement, whilst ignoring the other two loses the Jewish significance of the three statements together. Perhaps you feel the author of this particular book was not using the significance of the number three to speak to his intended audience?

Could you please support the existence of the Trinity with Biblical references? If we are going to accept evidence and proof of the One, True God as identified in Exodus 20:1-6, then shouldn't we also have Biblical evidence and proof of the Trinity?

Curious, this is one of the reasons I reverted to Islam. If you are going to use the Bible as your authority in all things, then it must truly be ALL things. It is not good enough to pattern one part of your life by the teachings of the Bible and then pattern another part by the teachings of mankind. Picking and choosing the portions of the Bible you want to use to support your statements is not accepting the Bible as the ultimate guide of your faith.

And the simple fact is that God said we are to worship Him and nothing else. He did not mention Trinity, nor is it mentioned anywhere else in the Bible. God was quite specific however, when he said we are not to bow down to or serve anything other than God.

I pray that Allah will guide you through the shadows of this confusion and onto the right path. Ameen.