Islam and finding peace

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalamo 'alaikom
I hope this post finds everyone in the best of health and iman ,in sha' Allah : )
I was wondering about peace and finding it and how it is looked at in other world religions and ideologies.

I realised that every other religion or ideology follows the extreme path either it is totally material related or it is based on asceticism and extreme austerity.
For example in the isms like communism etc the focus is upon the materialistic balance and equality of people and zero emphasis is stressed upon the spritual development of mind and soul.
While in other extreme religious philosophies like Jainism,the stress is laid upon forsaking worldly pleasure in order to acquire "peace".
The two extreme are totally off balance.Even religions like Buddhism,which talks about providing a "middle path" needs us to shun worldly pleasure and requires you to experience "dukha".
So wherein lies peace?

With our Rabb indeed lies peace.
Islam which comes from the root word salam ,which means peace and comfort the like of which Ibrahim('alyhissalam) experienced when he was thrown into fire and Allah said:

قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ
Allah said, "O fire, be coolness and safety upon Abraham."[21:69]

This is the security ,the comfort the best condition that is experienced.That is weighted and well balanced upon human nature.That is the salam.

When one submits to the will of Allah completely which literally means Islam,this is the comfortable coolness and safety one experiences ,which leads to peace.Not the isms and schism which us humans have created.
Our limited intellect can cover only a limited area while the knowledge of our Rabb is all encompassing,The One who created.
The balance that it creates in human life is such that it brings tranquility not into just our material lives but also on a spiritual level.Absolutely relaxed state.

While everything that exists submit to Allah ('azz wa jall),what reason do we have not to?

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam.

Alhamdulillah, thank you brother, yes good health and increasing iman. In sha Allah you are doing well too.

Your post here is getting philosophical. Before reverting, alhamdulillah, I had looked at many faiths and ways of life. It surprises me even now how much something in Islam can remind me of something from outside. But for all I looked at those things, they never came together, there were some nice ideas, but they weren't practical, or overlooked some natural tendency of mankind. Only in Islam do all the pieces fit together.

Some systems stress the importance of society, Islam underlines the ummah. Some systems stress meditation, we have ibadah and dhikr. Islam encompasses all, because it is perfect. And it is perfect because it is from Allah swt.

Submission to Allah is easy to speak of, but is more than bowing down in prayer. It is more than rising for Fajr when the nafs wants to sleep. Perfect submission occurs in perfect peace, like you could stand in pride, but wouldn't want to.

Well, this was just my thought. May we all find some true peace in our lives, and in sha Allah we can use it to become better people, better muslims.

Salaam Alaikum

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa 'alaikomassalam warahmatollah
Islam encompasses all, because it is perfect. And it is perfect because it is from Allah swt.
Indeed akh,that is the key point.
In your daily life you come across people who will try to converse with you based on their philosophies but as Allah has said in Qur'an ,whose mafhoom is that beliefs of disbelievers is like house of spider and indeed weak is the house of spider.
We had a lecture at our place where the speaker was discussing about how Islam brings peace on a micro and macro level.
This inspired me to write the post.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
... discussing about how Islam brings peace on a micro and macro level.

Microcosm and macrocosm are well known in philosophy, I think Plato discussed them. I didn't hear Islamic lectures using them before, but it goes to show another piece that Islam encompasses. :mashaallah:

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:salam:

JazakAllah Khair bhai for the lovely post.

Totally agree with what you have said, Islam does bring peace into one's life. It preaches a practical way of living with no compromise on the spiritual aspect needed to fuel a soul.

Why wouldn't one love Islam where everyone, irrespective of your color, creed, race, culture, money in their pockets etc. stand together and bow down to Allah SWT.

Why shouldn't one feel blessed to be a part of Islam, where one does a good deed, a charity, just by SMILING!
SubhaanAllah.

I could go on listing and my comment wouldn't end. That's the beauty of Islam. Islam does eradicate all evil and enjoins good. Sadly, what is seen out in the world, is contrary to the actual message of Islam. :(

Peace.