islam

sanali

i am Muslim, but i would like to know what is the meaning of ISLAM

this is my first question as am new,so please understand that my engliz is no good but i would like to learn about our religion.

thank you

mhs

assalamoalikum wr wb,
nice of you to ask this question. Islam has five meanings. All of them are related to one another.
Submission, Surrender, Sincerity, Peace, and Obedience to the one true Creator, Allah (s.w.t).
The five pillars upon which this religion is based include: Shahadah (testimony tht there is no one worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (s.a.w) is the final Messenger), Salat (five daily prayers tht muslims perform all around the world), Fasting during the month of ramadan, Zakat (or charity), and finally Hajj (or pilgrimage to Allah's house......if you are able to)

sanali

what is islam

shukran.

but my question was ..what is the meaning of ISLAM
not Pillars of islam.
still am anxious to hear.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:bismillah:

:salam2:

1. What is Islam?
The word "Islam" is an Arabic word that means "submitting and surrendering your will to Almighty God". The word comes from the same root as the Arabic word "salam", which means peace. Unlike the names used for other religions, such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Christianity, the name for the religion of Islam was both revealed by God and carries a deep spritual meaning — only by submitting one’s will to Almighty God can one obtain true peace both in this life and in thelife hereafter. Islam teaches that all religions originally had the same essential message — which was to submit whole-heartedly to the will of God and to worship Him and Him alone. For this reason, Islam is not a new religion but is the same divinely revealed Ultimate Truth that God revealed to all prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus.

:wasalam: :bananabb2in:

sanali

Ma shaa ALLAH, thank thank u ..this is the real motive of islamic creed, shows we know our religion and the more we..exchange ideas the better we Be:ma: :bananabb2in: :hawla:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:bismillah:

:salam2:

My pleasure:bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: !

If I have said something wrong may Allah(Swt) forgive me and may someone correct me please.

Jazzak-Allah khair

:wasalam:

Karima

NICE POST ABOUT ISLAM

Asalamualikum,

1. What is Islam?
The word "Islam" is an Arabic word that means "submitting and surrendering your will to Almighty God". The word comes from the same root as the Arabic word "salam", which means peace. Unlike the names used for other religions, such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Christianity, the name for the religion of Islam was both revealed by God and carries a deep spritual meaning — only by submitting one’s will to Almighty God can one obtain true peace both in this life and in thelife hereafter. Islam teaches that all religions originally had the same essential message — which was to submit whole-heartedly to the will of God and to worship Him and Him alone. For this reason, Islam is not a new religion but is the same divinely revealed Ultimate Truth that God revealed to all prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus.

This is what the Sisters and Nuns in the Catholic Orders do in their life of dedication to serving God, by helping the poor, sick, needy, and in giving of themselves totally in prayer throughout the day. They have given all of their possessions to serve God.

I understand that there is a difference in this way of life, than that of the dedicated muslims...in that the Sisters and Nuns believe only in the Book. They pray beads on the rosary to Mary, which is not accepted in Islam. However, they were given this command by Mary, the mother of Jesus to do this. They are not doing anything against what they see is wrong, because they have not seen past this. It is haram in the eyes of those who believe in Allah as the only one God to pray to.

I would not condemn them for believing in God, in service and in their hearts of submission to God at all times in their service and in their decisions of what to do. They are in constant prayer to God for guidance throughout the day.

There is a beauty in this, as there is a beauty in the muslims in their lifestyle of giving to Allah in their homes, with their families, and with their community in sharing, giving, while serving Allah.

There is a peacefulness in the convents of the Sisters and Nuns...because their life encompasses total service to God.

This is not to open a can of worms to slam them for believing in God the way they have chosen to serve Him. It is obvious that to believe in Islam, meaning 'surrender to God' which the Sisters do, it goes further to understand the prophet Muhammad came with a final book, the Qur'an, which are the direct words from the Angel Gabriel to him.

Sallam:)