By: Muhammad bin Jamil Zino
Teacher in Dar-ul-Hadith Al-Khairiya
Makkah A1-Mukarramah​

CONTENTS

1. The Pillars of Islam ...
2. The Pillars of Faith ...
3. Human beings' duty to Allah ...
4. Forms and Benefits of Tauhid ...
5. Conditions for Allah's acceptance of our deeds...
6. Major Shirk and its manifestations ...
7. Types of major Shirk ...
8. Minor Shirk ...
9. Intercession ...
10. Jihad, Wald' and Hukm ...
11. Living according to the Qur'an and Hadith ...
12. Sunna and Bid`ah ...
13. The Prayer which is answered

introduction

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

All praise is due to Allah, we praise Him and seek His help, and beg His forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from the evil of our souls and from the wickedness of our deeds, whoever is guided by Allah cannot be led astray,
and whoever is led astray shall find none other to guide him.

I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Who has no partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.
These are some important questions about Islamic Doctrine which I have answered, mentioning the proof-texts from the Qur'an and correct and authenticated Ahadith (true traditions and sayings of the Prophet :)saw:) so that the reader may be satisfied with the correctness of the answers, since the Doctrine of Allah's Tauhid (Monotheism, Oneness) is the foundation of man's happiness in this world and in the Hereafter.

I ask Allah to benefit the Muslims with this work and to make it purely for His sake.

Muhammad bin Jamil Zino

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
I. THE PILLARS OF ISLAM

I. THE PILLARS OF ISLAM

Q.1 The Angel Gabriel asked: "Muhammad tell me about Islam."

A. The Prophet :)saw:) answered: Islam is:

1. To bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad :)saw:) is the Messenger of Allah (and that he was sent by Allah to teach us His religion).

2. And to establish Salat (prayer) - (that is to perform it correctly with sincerity and humility).

3. And to pay Zakat (1).

4. And to observe Saum (fasting) during the month of Ramadan - (by avoiding food, drink and sexual intercourse from dawn to dusk).

5. And to perform Hajj (to make pilgrimage to the House of Allah -the Sacred Mosque at Makka) if he/she is able to make this journey. (Muslim)

Footnote

(1)A certain fixed proportion of the wealth and of the each and every kind of the property liable to Zakat of a Muslim to be paid yearly for the benefit of the poor in the Muslim community. The payment of Zak-it is obligatory as it is one of the five pillars of Islam.
Zakat is the major economic means for establishing social justice and leading
the Muslim society to prosperity and security.
[See Sahih At-Bukhari, Vol. 2, Book of Zakat (24)].

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
II. THE PILLARS OF FAITH

II. THE PILLARS OF FAITH

Gabriel asked: "Tell me about Imdn (Faith)?"

The Prophet :)saw:) , answered: "Faith is to believe in:-
1. Allah
[That He is the Creator and that only He has the right to be worshipped, and that He has Names and Attributes (referred to in the Qur'an and Sunna) and that:

لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ البَصِيرُ

سورة الشورى آيه 11

`There is nothing like unto Him, He is the AllHearer, All-Seer'. [(V.42:11)]

2. His Angels

(Creatures of light, invisible to us, created by Allah, they perform certain duties assigned to them).

3. His Books

(The Torah, the Gospel, the Psalms, and the Qur'an which confirms and fulfills them).

4. His Messengers

(The Prophets sent to mankind) The first was Noah and the last was Muhammad :saw: (peace be upon them all).

5. In the Final Day

(The Day of Resurrection when mankind will be judged).

6. And to believe in Allah's Decree (Qadar) both the good and the evil thereof.
(To be content with the fate which Allah has decreed for us, while taking the precautions and seeking the legal causes that lead to the desired purpose)."
(Muslim)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
III. HUMAN BEINGS' DUTY TO ALLAH

III. HUMAN BEINGS' DUTY TO ALLAH

Q.1 Why has Allah created us?

A. Allah has created us to worship Him Alone and to worship no other besides Him. The proof is Allah's saying:

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ
سورة الذاريات آيه 56

"And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone)." (V.51:56)

The Prophet :saw: said:

حَقّ الله عَلَى الْعِبَادِ أَنْ يَعْبُدُوهُ وَلاَ يُشْرِكُوا بِهِ شَيْئا

متفق عليه

"Mankind's duty to Allah is to worship Him Alone, and not to associate partners to Him in anything." (Bukhari - Muslim)

Q.2 What is worship?

A. Worship is a comprehensive term which includes all sayings and actions which are appreciated by Allah; such as invocation, Salat (prayer), humbling oneself in front of Him etc. As Allah, the All-Mighty says:

قُلْ إِنَّ صَلاَتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
سورة الأنعام آية 161

"Say (0 Muhammad :saw:) : Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the `Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)." (V.6:162)

The Prophet :saw: said: "Allah says:

وَمَا تَقَرَّبَ إِلَيَّ عَبْدِي بِشَيْءٍ أَحَبَّ إِلَيَّ مِمَّا افْتَرَضْتُ عَلَيْهِ
رواه البخاري 6502

The most beloved things with which My slave comes nearer to me, is the observance of what I have enjoined upon him." (Bukhari)

َQ.3 How do we worship Allah?

A. We worship Him as He and His Messenger :saw: have commanded, as Allah says:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ وَلَا تُبْطِلُوا أَعْمَالَكُمْ

سورة محمد آية 47

"0 you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger (Muhammad :saw: ) and render not vain your deeds." (V.47:33)

من عمل عملا ليس عليه أمرنا فهو رد ) رواه مسلم ).

"Whoever does any deed (in religion) which we have not commanded, it is rejected." (Muslim)

Q.4 Should we worship Allah with fear and hope?

A. Yes, that is how we should worship Him as He has commanded His servants:

وَادْعُوهُ خَوْفًا وَطَمَعًا
سورة الأعراف آيه 56

"... And invoke Him with fear and hope ..." (V.7:56)

أَسْأَلُ اللَّهَ الْجَنَّةَ ، وَأَعُوذُ بِهِ مِنْ النَّارِ
( صحيح رواه أبو داود )

"I beseech Allah to grant me Paradise, and I seek refuge in Him from Hell-fire." (Abu Dawud)

Q.5 What is Ihsdn (perfection in worship)?

A. Ihsdn (Perfection in worship) is to be conscious of Allah during worship. As Allah said:

الَّذِي يَرَاكَ حِينَ تَقُومُ

وَتَقَلُّبَكَ فِي السَّاجِدِينَ

سورة الشعراء آية 218-219

"Who sees you (0 Muhammad :saw:) when you stand up (alone at night for Tahajjud prayer). And your movements among those who fall prostrate (along with you to Allah in the five compulsory congregational prayers)."(V.26:218,219)

الإِحْسَانِ : أَنْ تَعْبُدَ اللَّهَ كَأَنَّكَ تَرَاهُ ، فَإِنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ تَرَاهُ فَإِنَّهُ يَرَاكَ
رواه مسلم

"Ihsdn (Perfection in worship) is to worship Allah as if you are seeing Him, (and if you cannot concentrate to that extent) yet truly He is seeing you". (Muslim)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
IV. FORMS AND BENEFITS OF TAUHID

IV. FORMS AND BENEFITS OF TAUHID

Q.1 Why did Allah send the Prophets?

A. He sent them to call mankind to His worship and to reject the worship of anything besides Allah, as the All-Mighty says:

وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَّسُولاً أَنِ اعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ وَاجْتَنِبُواْ الطَّاغُوتَ
سورة النحل آية 36

"And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): `Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities etc. do not worship Taghut besides Allah)... ." (V.16:36)

(والأنبياء إخوة و دينهم واحد )
متفق عليه

"The Prophets are brothers ... their faith is one. (Bukhdri and Muslim)

Q.2 What is the affirmation of Allah's Oneness as Lord? (Tauhid Ar-Rububiya)

A. It is to affirm the uniqueness and exclusiveness of His works, creation and direction (of the universe) etc. As Allah, the All-Mighty says:

الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

سورة الفاتحه آيه 2

"All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)." (V.1:2)

أنت رب السموات والأرض

متفق عليه

"You are the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth... (Bukhari - Muslim)

Q.3 What is the affirmation of Allah's Oneness as the Only One to be worshipped? (Tauhid Al-Uluhiyah).

A. It is to devote to Him exclusively all our worship like; supplications, invocations, sacrifice, vows, prayer, hope, fear, seeking help, trust etc. As Allah says:

وَإِلَـهُكُمْ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ لاَّ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الرَّحْمَنُ الرَّحِيمُ

سورة البقرة آيه 163

"And your Ildh (God) is One Ilah (God - Allah) La ildha illa Huwa (there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He), the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful:" (V.2:163)

«فليكن أوّل مَا تدعوهم إِلَيْهِ شهادة أَنْ لا إله إِلاَّ الله»
وفي روايه
( إِلَى أَنْ يوحّدوا الله)

متفق عليه

"Let the first thing you invite them to do is to testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah."

In another version in Bukhari: "... to assert Allah's Oneness:' (Bukhari - Muslim)

Q.4 What is the affirmation of Allah's Names and Attributes? (Tauhid A1-Asma`-'was-Sifaat).

A. It is to affirm Allah's Attributes as He Himself describes them in the Book and as His Messenger :saw: describes Him in authentic Ahadith, that they are true without allegorizing them (Ta'wil), anthropomorphizing them (Tajsim), comparing them to the creation (Tamthil), or negating them (Ta`til) or questioning about their quality (Takyif).
Such as the matter of (His) establishment (above the Throne), or (His) descent (to the first heaven) or (His) Hand, which are appropriate to Allah's Perfection.

Allah says:

لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ البَصِيرُ

سورة الشورى آيه 11

"There is nothing like unto Him and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer". (V.42:11)

«ينزِلُ ربُّنا تبارك وتعالى فِي كلّ ليلةٍ إِلَى السّمَاء الدُّنْيَا»
(نزولاً يليق بجلاله)

صحيح رواه أحمد

"Allah descends each night to the first heaven. (Ahmad)

(that is: He descends in a way befitting His Majesty, which is unlike the action of any of His creations).

Q.5 Where Is Allah?

A. Allah is over the Throne (which is) above the (seventh) heaven. As Allah says:

الرَّحْمَنُ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ اسْتَوَى
سورة طه آية 5

(أَيْ علا وارتفع كَمَا جاء فِي البخاري)

"The Most Beneficent (Allah) Istawa (rose over) the (Mighty) Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty).([V.20:5)

(that is: He raised Himself above it).

«إنّ الله كتب كتاباً إنّ رحمتي سبقت غضبي فَهُوَ مكتوبٌ عنده فَوْقَ العرش»
[رواه البخاري].

"Allah wrote out (allthings) in a Book before He created the creation ...it is with Him above the Throne." (Bukhari)

Q.6 Is Allah with us?

A. Allah is with us through His Knowledge (of all things). He hears and sees us, as He says:

{قَالَ لَا تَخَافَا إِنَّنِي مَعَكُمَا أَسْمَعُ وَأَرَى}
[طه: 46]

"He (Allah) said: Fear not, Verily! I am with you both, Hearing and Seeing." (V.20:46)

«إنّكم تدعون سميعاً قريباً وَهُوَ معكم»
أي بعلمه
[رواه مسلم]

"... You call upon the One Who hears, Who is near, and is with you (i.e. through His Knowledge)" (Muslim)

Q.7 What is the benefit of affirming Allah's Oneness (Tauhid)?

A. It is salvation from eternal punishment in the Hereafter, right guidance in this world, and forgiveness for sin. Allah, the All-Mighty says:

{الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَلَمْ يَلْبِسُواْ إِيمَانَهُم بِظُلْمٍ أُوْلَـئِكَ لَهُمُ الأَمْنُ وَهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ}}
[الأنعام: 82].

"It is those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah and worship none but Him Alone) and confuse not their belief with Zulm (wrong i.e. by worshipping others besides Allah), for them (only) there is security and they are guided." (V.6:82)

« حَقُّ العباد عَلَى الله أَنْ لاَ يُعَذّب من لاَ يُشرك بِهِ شيئاً»
[متّفق عَلَيهِ].

"The worshipper's right on Allah is that He will not punish those who worship none besides Him." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
V. CONDITIONS FOR ALLAH'S ACCEPTANCE OF OUR DEEDS

V. CONDITIONS FOR ALLAH'S ACCEPTANCE OF OUR DEEDS

Q.1 What are the conditions for the acceptance of our deeds?

A. They are three:

1. Belief (Faith) in Allah and affirmation of His Oneness, as Allah says:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ كَانَتْ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتُ الْفِرْدَوْسِ نُزُلًا
سورة الكهف آية 107

"Verily! Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous deeds, shall have the Gardens of Al-Firdaus (Paradise) for their entertainment". (V.18:107)

قل آمنت بالله ثم استقم
رواه مسلم

2. Sincerity (Ikhlas), which is to do deeds for Allah's sake only neither seeking praise from fellow-beings nor to have repute among men. Allah says:

فَادْعُوا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ
سورة غافر آية 14

"So, call you (0 Muhammad :saw: and the believers) upon (or invoke) Allah making (your) worship pure for Him (Alone) (by worshipping none but Him and by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allah's sake only and not to show
off and not to set up rivals with Him in worship)."
(V.40:14)

من قَالَ لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ مُخْلِصًا دخل الْجَنَّةَ
صحيح رواه البزار وغيره

"Whoever sincerely testifies: `None has the right to be worshipped but Allah' shall enter Paradise." (Al-Bazzar and others)

3. That they should be in accordance with the teachings of Allah's Messenger :saw: as Allah says:

وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانتَهُوا
سورة الحشر آية 7

"... And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad :saw:) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)... " (V.59:7)

«مَن عمِلَ عمَلاً لَيْسَ عَلَيهِ أمْرُنا فَهُوَ رَدٌّ»
(أَيْ غير مقبول)
[رواه مسلم].

"Whoever does any deed (in religion) which we have not commanded, it is rejected." (Muslim)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
VI. MAJOR SHIRK (SHIRK AKBAR) AND ITS MANIFESTATIONS

VI. MAJOR SHIRK 1 (SHIRK AKBAR) AND ITS MANIFESTATIONS

Q.1 What Is major Shirk?

It is to devote any of the forms of worship to one other than Allah, such as supplication, invocation, sacrifice, etc. The proof-text is Allah's Saying:

وَلاَ تَدْعُ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ مَا لاَ يَنفَعُكَ وَلاَ يَضُرُّكَ فَإِن فَعَلْتَ فَإِنَّكَ إِذًا مِّنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
سورة يونس آية 106

"And invoke not besides Allah, any that neither profit you, nor hurt you, but if (in case) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers)" (V.10:106)

أكبرُ الكبائر الإشراكُ باللهِ وَعُقُوقُ الْوَالِدَيْنِ وشَهَادَةُ الزُّورِ

رواة مسلم

"The greatest sins are joining others with Allah in worship, disobedience to parents and to give false evidence." (Muslim)

Q.2 What is the greatest sin with Allah?

A. The greatest sin with Allah is to commit major Shirk, the vroof-text is Allah's Saying: recalling the words of Luqman to his son:
{يَا بُنَيَّ لَا تُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ إِنَّ الشِّرْكَ لَظُلْمٌ عَظِيمٌ}
قمان: 13

"0 my son! Join not in worship others with Allah. Verily! Joining others in worship with Allah is great AN (wrong) indeed." (V. 31:13)

When Allah's Messenger :saw: was asked which is the greatest sin, he answered:

« أَنْ تجعل للهِ ندّاً وَهُوَ خلقك»
[متفق عليه].

"To ascribe partners with Allah even though He Alone created you." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Does Shirk exist among Muslims today?

Yes, it does exist, the proof-text being Allah's Saying:

{وَمَا يُؤْمِنُ أَكْثَرُهُمْ بِاللّهِ إِلاَّ وَهُم مُّشْرِكُونَ}
[يوسف: 106].

"And most of them believe not in Allah, except that they attribute partners (unto Him i.e. they are Mushrikun - polytheists)." (V.12:106)

«لاَ تقوم السّاعة حتّى تلحق قبائل مِن أُمّتي بالمشركين وحتى تُعبَد الأوثان»
[صحيح رواه الترمذي]

"The Doomsday will not occur until some sections of my people have joined the idolaters and they will even worship idols." (Tirmidhi)

Q.4 What is the ruling concering praying (supplicating) to the dead or those who are absent?

A. Praying to them is a major Shirk, as Allah says:

{فَلَا تَدْعُ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَهاً آخَرَ فَتَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُعَذَّبِينَ}
[الشعراء: 213].

"Invoke not with Allah another Ilah (god) lest you be among those who receive punishment." (V.26:213)

«من ماتَ وَهُوَ يدعو مِن دون الله نِدّاً دخل النّار»
[رواه البخاري].

"Whoever dies having called upon partners besides Allah shall enter Hell-fire.'(Bukhari)

Q.5 Is supplication a form of worship?

A. Yes, supplication is worship, as Allah says:

وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ عَنْ عِبَادَتِي سَيَدْخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ
سورة غافر آية 60

"And your Lord said: Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation).Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!" (V. 40: 60)

«الدّعاء هُوَ العبادة»
[رواه الترمذي وقال حديث حسن صحيح]

"Supplication is worship." (Tirmidhi)

Q.6 Do the dead hear our supplications?

A. No, they do not hear, as Allah said:

{وَمَا أَنتَ بِمُسْمِعٍ مَّن فِي الْقُبُورِ}
[فاطر: 22].

"... But you cannot make hear those who are in graves." (V.35:22)

Ibn `Umar رضي الله عنه says: The Prophet :saw: stood at the graves of the idolaters at Badr and recited:
فَهَلْ وَجَدتُّم مَّا وَعَدَ رَبُّكُمْ حَقًّا سورة الأعراف
"...Have you also found true, what your Lord promised (warnings, etc.) ... " (V.7:44)
Then he said:
إنهم الآن يسمعون ما أقول
"They now hear what I say".
When this was mentioned to `Aisha رضي الله عنها she said:
The Prophet :saw: only said that:
إنهم الآن ليعلمون ,أن ما كنتُ أقول لهم هو الحق
"now they shall know that what I used to tell them was the truth."
She then recited (this verse):
{إِنَّكَ لَا تُسْمِعُ الْمَوْتَى}
[النمل: 80]
"You cannot make the dead to hear.." (V.27:80)
وقال قتادة راوي الحديث
«أحياهم الله حتى أسمعهم قوله توبيخاً وتصغيراً, ونقيمةً وحسرةً وندامةً»
رواه البخاري
Qatadah, the narrator of this Hadith (from Ibn `Umar) said: "Allah brought them to life to make them hear the words of the Prophet as a rebuke and humiliation." (Bukhari)

This Hadith teaches:

1. That these idolaters slain (at Badr) were caused to hear temporarily by the Order of Allah. This is proven by the Prophet's saying:

إنهم الآن يسمعون
"Now they can hear"', which implies that later they will no longer hear, as Qatadah, the narrator of the Hadith said : "Allah brought them to life to make them hear His Words as a rebuke and humiliation..."

2.`Aisha's refutation of Ibn`Umar's version that the Prophet :saw: did not say:

«يسمعون»
بل قال
«إنهم الآن يعلمون»​

"They can hear" but rather that he said: "Now they know"

was based on the verse:

{إِنَّكَ لَا تُسْمِعُ الْمَوْتَى}
[النمل: 80]

"Verily, you cannot make the dead to hear..." (V.27:80)

3. The versions of Ibn `Umar and `Aisha can be harmonized in the following manner: The fact is, that the dead cannot hear; as is plainly stated by the Qur'an, but Allah brought to life the idolaters slain (at Badr) miraculously for the Messenger's sake, so that they could hear him - as Qatadah, the narrator of the Hadith states - and Allah knows best.

......................................................................................
Footnote:

(1) Shirk implies ascribing partners to Allah or ascribing divine attributes to others besides Allah and believing that the source of power, harm, and blessings comes from another besides Allah.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
VII. TYPES OF MAJOR SHIRK (SHIRK AKBAR)

VII. TYPES OF MAJOR SHIRK (SHIRK AKBAR)

Q.7 Should we seek help from those who are dead, or from those who are not present?

A. No, we should not seek their help, rather we should seek the help of Allah, as He says:

وَالَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ لاَ يَخْلُقُونَ شَيْئًا وَهُمْ يُخْلَقُونَ

أَمْواتٌ غَيْرُ أَحْيَاء وَمَا يَشْعُرُونَ أَيَّانَ يُبْعَثُونَ

سورة النحل آية 20-21

"Those whom they (AI-Mushrikun) invoke besides Allah have not created anything, but are themselves created. (They are) dead, lifeless, and they know not when they will be raised up." -(V.16:20,21)

إِذْ تَسْتَغِيثُونَ رَبَّكُمْ فَاسْتَجَابَ لَكُمْ
سورة الأنفال آية 9

"(Remember) when you sought help of your Lord and He answered you :' (V. 8:9)

The Prophet :saw: prayed:

يا حي يا قيوم، برحمتك أستغيث
حسن رواه الترمزي

"0 the Everliving, the Everlasting Allah, I seek help through Your Mercy". (Tirmidhi)

Q.8 Is It permitted to seek help from any other besides Allah?

A. No, it is not permitted, the evidence is Allah's

Saying:

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

سورة الفاتحة آية 5

"You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)." (V.1:5)

«إِذَا سألت فاسأل الله وَإِذَا استعنت فاستعن بالله»
[رواه الترمذي].

"If you ask, ask of Allah, if you seek help, seek help of Allah". (Tirmidhi)

May we seek help from the living?

Yes, in the matters in which they are able (to help), as Allah says:

{وَتَعَاوَنُواْ عَلَى الْبرِّ وَالتَّقْوَى وَلاَ تَعَاوَنُواْ عَلَى الإِثْمِ وَالْعُدْوَانِ}
[المائدة: 2]

"... Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety)... " (V.5:2)

«واللهُ فِي عونِ العبد مَا دام العبدُ فِي عونِ أخيه»
[رواه مسلم]

"Allah helps His worshipper as long as the worshipper helps his brother" (Muslim)

Q.10 Is it permitted to swear oaths (make vows) to any other besides in the Name of Allah?

A. No, it is not permitted to swear oaths except in Allah's Name, as Allah mentions the words of Mary's mother:

رَبِّ إِنِّي نَذَرْتُ لَكَ مَا فِي بَطْنِي مُحَرَّراً فَتَقَبَّلْ مِنِّي}
[آل عمران: 35].

"... 0 my Lord! I have vowed to You what (the child that) is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services (free from all worldly work; to serve Your Place of worship),..." (V.3:35)

«من نذر أَنْ يُطيعَ اللهَ فلْيُطِعه ومن نذر أَنْ يعصِيَه فَلاَ يَعْصِه»
[رواه البخاري].

"Whoever vows to obey Allah should obey Him, and whoever vows to disobey Him should not disobey:' (Bukhari)

Q.11 Is it permitted to sacrifice in any name besides Allah?

A. No, it is not permitted, the proof is Allah's Saying:

{فَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَانْحَرْ}
[الكوثر: 2].

"Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only)." (V.108:2)

(To sacrifice is to slaughter an animal for food in Allah's Name).

«لعَنَ الله مَن ذبح لِغير الله»
[رواه مسلم].

"Allah curses whoever sacrifices and slaughters in any name other than Allah." (Muslim)

Q.12 Is it permitted to circumambulate any other structure besides the Ka`ba?

A. No, it is not permitted to circumambulate any other structure besides the Ka'ba, as Allah says:

{وَلْيَطَّوَّفُوا بِالْبَيْتِ الْعَتِيقِ}
لحج: 29].

"... And circumabulate the Ancient House (the Ka'ba at Makka)." (V.22:29)

«من طاف بالبيتِ سبعاً وصلّى ركعتين كَانَ كعتق رقبة»
[رواه ابن ماجه].

"Whoever circumambulate the House (the Ka'ba) seven times and prays two Rak `a of Salat, it is as if he has freed a slave." (Ibn Majah)

Q.13 What is the ruling in Islam concerning (the practice of) magic/sorcery?

A. The practice of magic/sorcery is considered rejection of faith (Kufr), as Allah said:

{وَلـكِنَّ الشَّيْاطِينَ كَفَرُواْ يُعَلِّمُونَ النَّاسَ السِّحْرَ}
[البقرة: 102]

"...But the devils disbelieved, teaching men magic..." (V. 2:102)

"Avoid seven deadly sins; Shirk, magic (Muslim)

«اجتنبوا السبع الموبقات: الشرك بالله، والسّحر»
[رواه مسلم]

Q.14 Should we believe the claims of fortunetellers and soothsayers (Kahin)?

A. No, we should not believe them, as Allah says:

قُل لَّا يَعْلَمُ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ الْغَيْبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ}
[النمل: 65]

"Say: "None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghaib (unseen) except Allah, ... " (V.27:65)

«من أتى عرّافاً أَوْ كاهناً فصدّقه بِمَا يقول فَقَدْ كفر بِمَا أُنزل عَلَى محمد»
[صحيح رواه أحمد]

"Whoever goes to a fortuneteller or a soothsayer, and believes what they say, has rejected what has been revealed to Muhammad." (Ahmad)

Q.15 Does anyone have knowledge of the unseen?

A. No, no one but Allah Alone has knowledge of the unseen. Allah says (referring to Himself):

وَعِندَهُ مَفَاتِحُ الْغَيْبِ لاَ يَعْلَمُهَا إِلاَّ هُوَ}
[الأنعام: 59]

"And with Him are the keys of the Ghaib (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in (or on) the earth and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but he knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record." (V.6:59)

«لاَ يعلم الغيبَ إِلاَّ الله»
[حسن رواه الطّبراني]

"No one has knowledge of the unseen except Allah. (Tabarani)

Q.16 What is the ruling in Islam concerning applying non-Islamic laws?

A. Abiding the laws which are contrary to Islam and accepting them as superior to Islamic Laws is rejection of Faith. Allah says:

وَمَن لَّمْ يَحْكُم بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللّهُ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الْكَافِرُونَ}
[المائدة: 44]

"... And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafrrun (i.e. disbelievers - of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allah's
Laws'.
'(V.5:44)

«وَمَا لَمْ تحكم أئمّتهم بكتاب الله ويتخيّروا مما أنزل الله إِلاَّ جعل الله بأسهم بينهم»
[حسن رواه ابن ماجه]

"When the leaders do not rule by Allah's Book (Qur'an) and choose from that which Allah has rejected, Allah will cause conflict among them." (Ibn Majah)

Q.17 What If Satan tempts us with the question: "Who created Allah"?

A. If Satan tempts you with this question you should seek refuge in Allah, as Allah says:

وَإِمَّا يَنزَغَنَّكَ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ نَزْغٌ فَاسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

سورة فصلت آية 36

"And if an evil whisper from Satan tries to turn you away (0 Muhammad :saw:) (from doing good etc.), then seek refuge in Allah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. (V.41:36)

آمنت بالله ورسله، الله أحد، الله الصمد، لم يلد ولم يولد، ولم يكن له كفواً أحد.
ثم ليتفل عن يساره ثلاثاً، وليستعذ من الشيطان ولينته فإن ذلك يذهب عنه
هذه خلاصة الأحاديث الصحيحة الواردة في البخاري ومسلم وأحمد وأبي داؤد

Allah's Messenger :saw: taught us to resist Satan's deceptions by saying:

"I believe in Allah and His Messenger. He is Allah, (the) One. Allah-us-Samad
(السيد الذي يصمد إليه في الحاجات ) The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him:' Then to spit over the left shoulder three times, seeking refuge from Satan, when this is done the temptation will pass.
(Summary of Ahadith collected by Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad and Abu Dawud)

One should say in response to this question that Allah is the Creator and that He has not been created, to make this easier to understand, we may say for example:

One comes before two, and nothing comes before one ... Allah is One,
nothing comes before Him. As the Prophet :saw: said:

اللّهُمَّ أنتَ الأوّلُ فلا شيء قَبلكَ
رواه مسلم

"Allah, You are the First, there was nothing before You." (Muslim)

Q.18 What were the beliefs of the idolaters in Arabia before Islam?

A. They use to pray to saints to earn their pleasure and intercession.

Allah says (referring to their beliefs):

وَالَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِهِ أَوْلِيَاء مَا نَعْبُدُهُمْ إِلَّا لِيُقَرِّبُونَا إِلَى اللَّهِ زُلْفَى

سورة الزمر آية 3

And those who take 'Auliya ' (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say): "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allah. ..(V.39:3)

وَيَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ مَا لاَ يَضُرُّهُمْ وَلاَ يَنفَعُهُمْ وَيَقُولُونَ هَـؤُلاء شُفَعَاؤُنَا عِندَ اللّهِ
سورة يونس آية 18

"And they worship besides Allah things that hurt them not, nor profit them, and they say: `These are our intercessors with Allah.' " (V.10:18)

Some Muslims also seek the intercession of saints thus imitating the idolaters.

Q.19 How do we eliminate (all traces of) Shirk?

A. Shirk cannot be completely eliminated unless we exclude the following:

1.The belief that others share in Allah's works such as the (Sufi) belief that there are men called Qutub (قطب ) who regulate the universe, even though Allah asked the idolaters:

وَمَن يُدَبِّرُ الأَمْرَ فَسَيَقُولُونَ اللّهُ
سورة يونس آية 31

"And who disposes the affairs?" They will say:Allah..." (V.10:31)

2. The belief that others have the right to be worshipped, such as supplicating to the Prophets and saints for help etc. Allah says:

قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَدْعُو رَبِّي وَلَا أُشْرِكُ بِهِ أَحَدًا
سورة الجن آية 20

"Say (0 Muhammad :saw:): "I invoke only my Lord (Allah Alone), and I associate none as partners along with Him." (V.72:20)

Allah's Messenger :saw: said:

{ الدعاء هو العبادة }
[رواه الترمذي وصححه الألباني]

"Supplication is worship." (Tirmidhi)

3.The belief that others share in Allah's Attributes, such as the belief that the Prophets or saints have knowledge of the unseen, Allah says:

قُل لَّا يَعْلَمُ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ الْغَيْبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
سورة النمل آية 65

"Say: None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghaib (unseen) except Allah." (V.27:65)

4.Anthropomorphism (Tashbih), comparing Allah's Attributes to humans, such as one who says: There must be a mediator between humans and Allah, to
whom we address our prayers, just as one cannot meet the ruler or a higher authority (of a nation) except through a mediator, this is comparing the
Creator to His creation, a form of Shirk. Allah says:

لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ

سورة الشورى آيه 11

"... There is none like unto Him ..." (V.42:11)

Allah says:

لَئِنْ أَشْرَكْتَ لَيَحْبَطَنَّ عَمَلُكَ وَلَتَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
سورة الزمر آية 65

"If you join others in worship with Allah, (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers." (V.39:65)

If one repents and eliminates these practices of Shirk and worship Allah Alone he will once again become a true believer in the Oneness of Allah. 0 Allah let us be among those who worship You Alone, do not make us to be idolaters.

Q.20 What are the dangers and punishment of Shirk Akbar?

A. Shirk Akbar condemns one to eternal damnation in Hell-fire, as Allah says:

إِنَّهُ مَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللّهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللّهُ عَلَيهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَأْوَاهُ النَّارُ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ
سورة المائدة آية 72

"... Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong- doers) there are no helpers." (V.5:72)

مَنْ لَقِيَ اللَّهَ يُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئًا دَخَلَ النَّارَ
رواه مسلم
"And he who met Allah associating anything with Him entered (Hell) Fire:' (Muslim)

Q.21 Are good deeds of any benefit to one who worships others besides Allah?

A. No, good deeds are of no benefit to those who worship others besides Allah. Allah says concerning the Prophets:

وَلَوْ أَشْرَكُواْ لَحَبِطَ عَنْهُم مَّا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ
سورة الأنعام آية 88

"... But if they had joined in worship others with Allah, all that they used to do would have been of no benefit to them." (V.6:88)

The Prophet :saw: said: Allah says:

(أَنَا أَغْنَى الشُّرَكَاءِ عَنْ الشِّرْكِ، مَنْ عَمِلَ عَمَلًا أَشْرَكَ فِيهِ مَعِي غَيْرِي تَرَكْتُهُ وَشِرْكَهُ)

حديث قدسي رواه مسلم

"I have no need of partners, whoever does any deed in which they associate partners with Me, I reject them and their partners as well." (Muslim)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
VIII. MINOR SHIRK (SHIRK ASGHAR)

VIII. MINOR SHIRK (SHIRK ASGHAR)

Q.1 What is Shirk Asghar?

A. Minor Shirk (Shirk Asghar) is to worship Allah so as to be seen by others. Allah says:

«فَمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو لِقَاء رَبِّهِ فَلْيَعْمَلْ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا وَلَا يُشْرِكْ بِعِبَادَةِ رَبِّهِ أَحَدًا »
[سورة الكهف آية 110]

"So whoever hopes for the meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord." (V.18:110)

«إِنَّ أَخْوَفَ مَا أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ الشِّرْكُ الْأَصْغَرُ :الرِّيَاءُ»
[صحيح راوه أحمد]

"What I fear most for you is Shirk Asghar - Ar-Riya (worshipping to be seen by others)." (Ahmad)

Included in Shirk Asghar is the saying: "Were it not for so-and-so, it is Allah and so-and-so's will."

« لَا تَقُولُوا مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ وَشَاءَ فُلَانٌ وَلَكِنْ قُولُوا مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ ثُمَّ شَاءَ فُلَانٌ »
[صحيح راوه أحمد]

"Do not say: It is the Will of Allah and so-and-so, rather say:`It is the Will of Allah and then because of so-and-so'." (Ahmad)

Q.2 Is it permitted to swear by other's name besides Allah?

A. No, it is not permitted to swear by another name besides Allah. Allah says:

«..قُلْ بَلَى وَرَبِّي لَتُبْعَثُنَّ ..»
[سورة التغابن آية 7 ]

"... Say: Yes! By my Lord, you will certainly be resurrected... " (V.64:7)

« من حلف بغير اللّه فقد أشرك »
[صحيح راوه أحمد]

"Whoever swears by anyone other than Allah, has associated partners with Allah (i.e. has commited Shirk):" (Ahmad)

« مَنْ كَانَ حَالِفًا فَلْيَحْلِفْ بِاللَّهِ أَوْ لِيَصْمُتْ »
[متفق عليه]

"Whoever must take an oath should swear by Allah or keep silent (should not swear)." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Swearing by the Prophets or saints is a major form of Shirk, if one believes that the saint has power to harm him. So we should refrain from taking such an oath, as this too is a major sin resulting in severe punishment.

Q.3 Should we wear good luck charms (like a thread or ring) believing that they have healing powers?

A. No, we should not wear them, since Allah says:

« ...وَإِن يَمْسَسْكَ اللّهُ بِضُرٍّ فَلاَ كَاشِفَ لَهُ إِلاَّ هُوَ »
[سورة الأنعام آية 17]

"And if Allah touches you with harm, none can remove it but He,..." (V.6:17)

Hudhaifa saw a man wearing a thread around his hand to cure fever, so he cut the thread reciting Allah's Words:

« وَمَا يُؤْمِنُ أَكْثَرُهُمْ بِاللّهِ إِلاَّ وَهُم مُّشْرِكُونَ »
[سورة يوسف آية 106]

"And most of them believe not in Allah except that they attribute partners(unto Him) i.e. they are Mushrikun-polytheists." (V.12:106) (Ibn Abu Hatim)

Q.4 Should we attach beads or shells etc. to our clothing to protect us from the evil eye?

A. No, we should not do that for protection from the evil eye, Allah says:

« ...وَإِن يَمْسَسْكَ اللّهُ بِضُرٍّ فَلاَ كَاشِفَ لَهُ إِلاَّ هُوَ »
[سورة الأنعام آية 17]

"And if Allah touches you with harm, none can remove it but He, ..." (V.6:17)

« من علّق تميمةً فَقَدْ اشرك »
[صحيح رواه أحمد]

(التميمة: مَا يُعلّق مِن العين)

"Whoever wears an amulet has committed Shirk." (Ahmad)

(An amulet-any object worn in the belief that it provides spiritual protection).

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
IX. INTERCESSION

IX. INTERCESSION

Q.1 Through what may we seek intercession with Allah?

A. 1. The permitted and desired form of intercession is to supplicate to Him by His Names and Attributes, and by righteous deeds, and by seeking the blessings of the righteous (who are living), Allah says:

« ...وَلِلّهِ الأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى فَادْعُوهُ بِهَا َ »
[سورة الأعراف آية 180]

"And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him by them... " (V.7:180).

Allah also says:

« ...يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ اتَّقُواْ اللّهَ وَابْتَغُواْ إِلَيهِ الْوَسِيلَةَ »
[سورة المائدة آية 35]

"0 you who believe! Do your duty to Allah and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him, ..." (V. 5: 35)

In his commentary on this verse Ibn Kathir mentioned a Hadith narrated by Qatadah: The Messenger:saw:" said:

« ...َأَسْأَلُك بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَك سَمَّيْت بِهِ نَفْسَك .. »
[صحيح رواه أحمد]

"I ask You by all Your Names, with which You call Yourself". (Ahmad)

And another Hadith in which he :saw: said to one of his companions who asked to be with him in Paradise:

« ...أَعِنِّي عَلَى نَفْسِكَ بِكَثْرَةِ السُّجُودِ .. »
[ رواه مسلم]

"(You can) help me in this matter by frequent non-obligatory prayers." (Muslim)

Or follow the example of the three persons who were trapped in a cave (by a fallen rock) then they prayed to Allah mentioning their righteous deeds and Allah removed the rock and they were able to get out.

It is permitted to pray for intercession to Allah mentioning our love of Him or the love of the Messenger:saw: and pious persons, since our love for them is also considered an act of good deed.

2. Forbidden forms of intercession: Praying to the dead,asking them for provisions and help, as is being done today. This is major form of Shirk, as Allah says:

« وَلاَ تَدْعُ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ مَا لاَ يَنفَعُكَ وَلاَ يَضُرُّكَ فَإِن فَعَلْتَ فَإِنَّكَ إِذًا مِّنَ الظَّالِمِينَ »
[ سورة يونس آية 106]

"And invoke not besides Allah, any that neither profit you, nor hurt you, but if (in case) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers)." (V.10:106)

3. As for praying by the Messenger's: saw: name, such as saying: "0 Lord by the Messenger :saw:heal me." This is an innovation which was not practiced by the Prophet's :saw: companions. When ('Umar during his caliphate) sought the prayers of `Abbas - the Prophet's uncle, as his closest living relative, he did not pray (for rain) seeking the intercession of the Prophet :saw: after his death.

Prayer such as this could lead to Shirk if it is believed that Allah needs a human mediator such as a human prince or ruler, since this is comparing the Creator to His creation.

Imam Abu Hanifa said:

وَقَالَ أَبُو حَنِيفَةَ :أكره أن أسأل الله بغير الله
[ الدرر المُختارة ]

"I dislike supplication to Allah through anyone but Allah. (Ad-Durr Al-Mukhtar)

Q.2 Does any supplication to Allah require a human intermediary?

A. No, a prayer does not require a human intermediary,as Allah says:

« ... وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ »
[ سورة البقرة آية 186]

"And when My slaves ask you (0 Muhammad :saw:) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge)..."(V.2:186)

And the Hadith of the Prophet :saw: :

« ... إنّكم تدعون سميعاً قريباً وَهُوَ معكم »
[ رواه مسلم]
(أَيْ بعلمه يسمعكم ويراكم)

"You pray to the One who hears all and is near, and He is with you (by His Knowledge)." (Muslim)

Q.3 Is it permitted to ask for the prayer of those who are living?

A. Yes, it is permitted to ask for the prayer of those who are living, but not from those who are dead. Allah said to the Messenger :saw: (when he :saw: was alive):

« ... وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لِذَنبِكَ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ ...»
[ سورة محمد آية 19]

"... And ask forgiveness for your sins, and also for (the sins of) believing men and believing women...(V.47:19)

A Hadith related by Tirmidhi says: A blind man came to the Prophet :saw: and asked: "Pray to Allah to heal me".

Q.4 What is the mediation of the Messenger :saw:

A. The mediation of the Messenger :saw: is the transmission of Allah's Message. Allah says:

« ... يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ »
[ سورة المائدة آية 67]

"0 Messenger (Muhammad :saw:)! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord... " (V.5:67)

In response to the testimony of the companions [during the farewell Hajj (pilgrimage)]

« نشهد أنّك قد بلّغت»
[ رواه مسلم]

"We bear witness that you have transmitted the Message of Allah"

« اللّهم اشهد »
[ رواه مسلم]

"Allah, bear witness." (Muslim)

Q.5 From whom may we seek the Messenger's :saw: Intercession?

A. We may seek the Messenger's :saw: intercession from Allah alone, as Allah says:

« ...قُل لِّلَّهِ الشَّفَاعَةُ جَمِيعًا »
[ سورة الزمر آية 44]

"Say: To Allah belongs all intercession ..."(V.39:44)

The Prophet :saw: taught his companions to pray:

« اللّهمّ شفعه فيّ »
[رواة الترمذي وقال حسن صحيح]

"0 Allah grant him (the Prophet:saw:) intercession for me." (Tirmidhi)

The Prophet :saw: also said:

« وَإِنِّي اخْتَبَأْتُ دَعْوَتِي شَفَاعَةً لأُمَّتِي يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ فَهِيَ نَائِلَةٌ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَنْ مَاتَ مِنْ أُمَّتِي لاَ يُشْرِكُ بِاللَّهِ شَيْئًا ‏ »
[رواة مسلم]

"I have kept unitl the Resurrection Day, my prayer for intercession and that will be granted by Allah's Grace, for those of my followers who died worshipping none but Allah." (Muslim)

Q.6 May we request the intercession of the living?

A. We may request the intercession of the living in our worldly affairs only, as Allah says:

« ...مَّن يَشْفَعْ شَفَاعَةً حَسَنَةً يَكُن لَّهُ نَصِيبٌ مِّنْهَا وَمَن يَشْفَعْ شَفَاعَةً سَيِّئَةً يَكُن لَّهُ كِفْلٌ مِّنْهَا »
[سورة النساء آية 85]

"Whosoever intercedes for a good cause will have the reward thereof, and whosoever intercedes for an evil cause will have a share in its burden..." (V.4:85)

« ...اشفعُوا تُؤْجروا »
[صحيح رواة أبو داؤد]

"Intercede for others and you will be rewarded". (Abu Dawud)

Q.7 Should we be excessive in our praise for the Messenger :saw: ?

A. No, we should not be excessive in our praise for him, as Allah said to the Prophet :saw:

« ...قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَنَا بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يُوحَى إِلَيَّ أَنَّمَا إِلَهُكُمْ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ »
[سورة الكهف آية 110]

"Say (0 Muhammad :saw: ): I am only a plan like you. It has been inspired to me that your Iluh (God) is One llah(God-- i.e. Allah) (V. 18:110)

« لا تطروني كما أطرت النصارى المسيح ابن مريم إنما أنا عبد الله فقولوا عبد الله ورسوله »
[راوه البخاري]

"Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians did for the son of Mary, for I am only a servant. So say (he is) Allah's servant and Messenger". (Bukhari)
(Exaggerated praise of a human being is called: "Itra")

Q.8 Who was the first human creation of Allah?

A. The first human created by Allah was Adam, and the first thing created was the pen. Allah says:

« إِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ إِنِّي خَالِقٌ بَشَرًا مِن طِينٍ »
[سورة ص آية 71]

"(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: Truly, I am going to create man from clay". (V.38:71)

And as the Prophet :saw: said:

« كُلُّكُمْ بَنُو آدَمَ، وَآدَمُ خُلِقَ مِنْ تُرَابٍ »
[رواه البزار ]

"You are all the children of Adam, and Adam was created from dust." (Al-Bazzar)

The Prophet:saw: also said:

« ...إنَّ أوَّلَ مَا خَلَقَ اللهُ القَلمَ»
[رواه أبو داؤد والترمذي وقال حسن صحيح ]

"The first thing created by Allah was the pen" (This is after the creation of water and the Throne) (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi)

Regarding the Hadith:

« أول ما خلق الله نور نبيك يا جابر»
[لا أصل له ]

"The first thing Allah created (0 Jabir) was the light of your Prophet" is a forgery, which contradicts the Qur' an, Sunna, reason and revelation.

As-Suyuti said of it: This (Hadith) has no supporting chain of narration. Al-Ghamari said of it: It is a forgery. AlAlbani says: It is rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.