Islamic Dream Interpretation

'Purity'

Assalamu'alaikim Brothers and Sisters.

I am curious as to know where I can find a good and viable source for Islamic dream interpretations. I have had a fascination with the meaning of my dreams since childhood and I've been searching for a book with Islamic interpretations as oppose to those books based on psychologists found in any bookstore. Even a good internet source will be acceptable. I would appreciate it so much if anyone can help me!
Jazakallah Khair

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Actually the best source I know is a book source. I myself have had this fascination and I recently purchased Ibn Seerin's Dictionary of Dreams. He not only was an amazing scholar but he uses psychology in his interpretations and that is something that appeals to me as my degree is in psychology but also because it tells you the hidden truths of the mind and the subconscious as well which play a huge role in dreams. It's supposed to be the best Islamic literature available on dream interpretation. In addition to that, an even better source would be Tafsir ul-Ahlam also written by Ibn Seerin but that one is extremely difficult to find and anyway, his Dictionary of Dreams is an offshoot of that.

Hope this helps!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaikumsalaam respected sister,

Please refer to this ebook below :-

http://www.salafimanhaj.com/ebook.php?ebook=67

It is something praiseworthy that you sought to seek the interpretation from Islamic sources rather than psychologists.

May Allah subhaana waa ta'ala keep our hearts firm on his deen and make it easy for us . Ameen

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Actually the best source I know is a book source. I myself have had this fascination and I recently purchased Ibn Seerin's Dictionary of Dreams.

:salam2:

but one scholar (sheikh yasir qadhi) told that the book present today is not actually written by Ibn Sireen (ra). it just have the name of Ibn Sireen .

any idea about that? :confused:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

but one scholar (sheikh yasir qadhi) told that the book present today is not actually written by Ibn Sireen (ra). it just have the name of Ibn Sireen .

Ironic that you say that this was said by Al-Maghrib's Yasir Qadhi when the reference for Tafsir Al-Ahlam was given by Al-Maghrib's Yasir Birjas. Regarding it being written by Muhammad M. Al Akili, he solely wrote the foreword as well as the prologue and bio on Ibn Seerin but the dream interpretations themselves were composed by Ibn Seerin.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I have read this somewhere as well..but sobhanallah..I cannot remember where..It would be wonderful if someone can give you and I a reference to it akhi..

as for brother/sister Purity..if you can read arabic..visit this site..

www.alewaa.com

It's an Islamic forum..which has a section for interpreting dreams..and mashallah they abide to the methodology of the Sunnah and the salaf..so they are safe Inshallah

:wasalam:

'Purity'

Jazakallah Khair for the wonderful responses! I will surely look at them and search for the book.
Sadly, I cannot understand much Arabic, only very very basic words that I've learned in school.

(I know my reply is late. I'm very sorry for that, I've been head-deep in school work!) :hijabi: