Issues with the website

mustafa_bepari

Assalamu alaikom,

To the management. Its been quite a while since I started facing weird issues with the website, I hoped they will be addressed soon but seems like not all the users are facing such issues. I'm talking about salamyou specifically.
  • Can't upload new cover art
  • Can't upload images to post
  • Can't access my own profile (Need to Google it or enter the address manually)
  • The chat box does not minimize
I'm using latest Google Chrome on OSX Lion. It used to work fine a few months ago, but now takes several tries to accomplish the above mentioned scenarios. Can someone please help me with this?

Jazakom Allah khair.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Wa alaikum asalaam wa barakatuh
  • The chatbox is a known issue which will be changed in a future upgrade, in shaa Allah.
  • I had some issues uploading photos, but was able to through the Photos tab on my profile. Try that way please and let us know if there is still an issue
  • I can see profiles, including yours, with no problems. The issue you are having is something Brother @Mabsoot will want to know about.
Thankyou for your patience and taking the time to present the issues, it does help the site. JazakAllah khairan

mustafa_bepari

Thanks for the quick reply Hassan!

Actually what I meant was, there's no button or link that says "View your profile" (sorry for not being clear on my original post). Suppose I wanted to visit my own profile, how would I do that? (In salamyou)

Jazakom Allah khair

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Hopely you don´t remove chatbox totally.
I know the Brothers are looking to expand the functions of the site, not remove them, so hopefully it will stay.
I think it will, in shaa Allah.

... Suppose I wanted to visit my own profile, how would I do that?
Ah! I see. Here is how I see my own profile - from Salamyou mainpage (click on Salamyou name in topleft corner) I click on my avatar picture (also topleft, under the Salamyou name). That is all! Easy when you know, but frustrating if you don't - I hope it works for you.
Wa sallam