Italian seaside town planning miniskirt ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
:salam2: For the muslim woman they are asking to remove the hijab but then why do they want to cover their woman. This was on BBC news

Italian seaside town planning miniskirt ban
The dress code would ban everything from miniskirts to low-cut jeans A seaside city in Italy is planning to ban miniskirts and other provocative clothing to improve what the mayor calls standards of public decency.

Castellammare di Stabia is trying to be the latest location in Italy to make use of new powers to crack down on what is deemed to be anti-social behaviour.

Mayor Luigi Bobbio said the regulations would help "restore urban decorum and facilitate better civil co-existence".

Offenders would face fines of between 25 ($35) and 500 euros ($696).

'Right decision'

"Nothing too revealing" is the new policy Mayor Bobbio wants to enforce, says the BBC's Duncan Kennedy in Rome.

That means a tough new dress code which would effectively outlaw everything from miniskirts to low-cut jeans when people walk around Castellammare di Stabia, our correspondent adds.

Mr Bobbio, from the centre-right People of Freedom party, says he wants to target people who are "rowdy, unruly or simply badly behaved".

There will also be a ban on sunbathing, playing football in public places, and blasphemy, if the proposals are approved at a council meeting on Monday.

"I think it's the right decision," a local parish priest, Don Paulo Cecere, told the Cronache di Napoli newspaper. "It's also a way of combating the rise in sexual harassment."

Castellammare di Stabia is latest city to make use of the extra powers handed down by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's government to mayors, in the effort to fight crime and confront anti social behaviour.

In other places they have banned sandcastles, kissing in cars, feeding stray cats, wooden clogs and the use of lawn mowers at weekends.

Muhtadii

Takbeer

السلام علیکم
Say Takbeer, Allah u Akbar. Not forgotting the scene, when they imposed ban on Hijab in some lands, the world saw them covering their own faces with masks against that deadly flu. LOL
فی امان اللہ

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Favour Allah swt ~Masha allah!

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Review!
!: Banning muslim woman on hijab >Wrong!

2:Ban everything from miniskirts to low-cut jeans > Correct!

3:Ban on sunbathing> Correct!

4:Ban playing football in beaches >Wrong!

5:Ban sandcastles, >Wrong!

6:Ban kissing in cars,> Correct!

7:Ban feeding stray cats,>Wrong!

8:Ban wooden clogs> Correct!

9:Ban the use of lawn mowers at weekends>Wrong!

There are
5 wrong
and
4 Correct! :(

Something is wrong with the Italian's goverment mode of thinking:hearts:

>More wrong than right means It not stable!

I suggest The goverment of Italy favour the muslim and give approval to put on Hijab so it will be on the stable side
: in other word 5 greater correct and lesser mistake@4 :ma:

~May Allah swt properous The country of Italy if they are kind to our brothers and sisters there~Amin!

~May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Thank you for sharing sister
~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why do they not concentrate on the garbage.

I do not see the correlation between mini-skirts and lewd behavior.

Clogs are sensible shoes.

Sandcastles are playing at the beach.

And this has nothing to do with Muslims.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
It's a step in the right direction for them so that's good....barring sandcastle bans that is.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam,

Could someone explain what is wrong with sandcastles? Honestly.

This is my answer to everyone who wants to ban sandcastles:

gen041.gif

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I figured it out..if I am miserable..the whole world has to join in. Sunbathing is a good thing.
What is wrong with kissing in a car? Muslims kiss..or is there a ban on kissing for Muslims.
Clogs are good shoes. What is wrong with clogs?

And if a girl wants to wear a mini-skirt; let her. What is wrong with that????
That is her choice.
We can not dictate the behavior of others. The Prophet told us that.

But, the Italians need to concentrate on the trash. I am serious. They have a major problem with trash..and if I lived in Europe I would worry about which direction the wind blows

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Salaam,

And if a girl wants to wear a mini-skirt; let her. What is wrong with that????
That is her choice.
We can not dictate the behavior of others. The Prophet told us that.

:wasalam:

DEAR SISTER.....:)

THE PROPHET (PBUH) told that a Muslim can never be a Muslim until he loves for his brother what he loves..:)

WE LOVE HIJAB..... There is a reason behind it..
WE HATE MINI SKIRTS.... There is a reason behind it too....
We know how harmful for a girl to wear a mini skirt... how ugly it is...

AS WE LOVE HIJAAB FOR US WE MUST LOVE THE SAME FOR HER TOO :)

and you know what????

This world is nothing in ALLAH AZZAWAJAL 's sight... yet He values 2 things
1.ISLAM
2.HUMAN BEINGS...

SO WE MUST PROTECT EACH OTHER SISTER... IF A GIRL'S CHOICE CAN LEAD HER ASTRAY OR HER CHOICE CAN LEAD SOME ONE ELSE ASTRAY...

THEN DONT DELAY............ STOP HER....

'COZ... A HUMAN BEING IS SO PRECIOUS TO THE CREATOR :)

We cant let people to go on the way they want, we must correct them for the sake of ALLAH AZZAWAJAL and we must always keep the "MODESTY" fresh and built a healthy society INSHA ALLAH... BUT it does never mean that we dictate the behavior of others

Hope you understand :):shake:

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am glad you responded.

We are not the judges of those who differ in belief from us. Thus we leave them alone. They worship that which they worship.

We have to understand we can not impose our standards on them. If a girl wishes to wear a mini-skirt it is her choice. We can not critize her. We would be wrong. Mini-skirts are not harmful..some may be ugly.

We have to correct what is in our hearts before we correct others.

We are not the judges of the behavior of others. And to state we have to prevent a non-Muslim from wearing what she wants to is futile and ( am I going to get in trouble for this one) arrogant.

I am still puzzled about mini-skirts leading someone astray.

Back to being serious: Leave non-Muslims alone. Lower our gaze. A garment does not lead anyone into sin. A woman in niqab should she wish is as much an object of sexual desire is as a woman in a leather mini-skirt with high heeded thigh high swede boots. Intention. Intention. Intention.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

How we can stop some girl using mini-skirts using some ban against hers will to dress as she maybe likes? Isn´t that dictating her when others ban using hijabs or niqabs as well?

We can of course try our best to explain her why using it is not good idea and tell what is islamic opinion about kind of dressing. But as well we can´t force anyone to islam and islamic thinking, I don´t see just banning something is right way to change anything. Just same is it mini-skirt, some kind of shoes, kissing in cars or making sandcastles.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

If we had more people kiss in cars and build sandcastles it would be a more peaceful place.

On a serious note: we can not legislate what people want to do; they find a way to do it. That is free will. A woman will not stop wearing hijab..she will find a creative way of doing it.

As long as there is sand and a bucket I will build my dream castle. And bring a smile to everyone's face. That initself is saddaqa.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I wonder what polices in that town really are doing? They are running after girls using mini-skirts? Kids making sandcastles? People after using some kind of shoes? People enjoyning sun?

And have they enough polices for real criminals after that?

DO NOT TOUCH MY SANDCASTLE!

gen041.gif

kayleigh

lol the rules on sandcastles, kissing, and football are um... interesting. They must have an extremely low crime rate if they can concentrate on things like that.

Italy has so many problems...football and miniskirts are the least of them. I agree with aapa - I think it's just as offensive to legislate the ban of miniskirts as it is to ban hijab or niqab.

and... why is it correct to ban clogs?

But if it were up to me I would ban anyone from wearing leggings as pants. Seriously.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

When you ripen to my age you will discover fashion returns. I was around for the Twiggy mini-skirts and saw the rerun...thank god I could not wear them the second time around. Leggins were great in the 80's. Now, I realize one has to be very young and supple AND in great shape...or else the body looks like a left-over sandcastle.

Now my warped sense of humor is telling me this is an Italian seaside town...they are worried about miniskirts...what about the topless swim areas...one must wear a skirt to the ankles but can walk around topless?

Back to sandcastles and seashells.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I and Aapa run to seashore of this town and make greatest sandcastles!

Don´t look mayor... we also might enjoy it and we might have hijabs.

:muslim_child:

Enjoy your life.

kayleigh

Salaam,

When you ripen to my age you will discover fashion returns. I was around for the Twiggy mini-skirts and saw the rerun...thank god I could not wear them the second time around. Leggins were great in the 80's. Now, I realize one has to be very young and supple AND in great shape...or else the body looks like a left-over sandcastle.

Now my warped sense of humor is telling me this is an Italian seaside town...they are worried about miniskirts...what about the topless swim areas...one must wear a skirt to the ankles but can walk around topless?

Back to sandcastles and seashells.

You won't believe how many pregnant, fat, and women over 40 I seen wearing leggings these days... *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.