Its 2007!! whats your plan?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

Muslims must know that the year is 1427 after hijri. Our calendar is different. This 2007 is a Pagan and Christian date. It is supposedly based upon the life of Jesus (on him be peace).

But, as we know, this is not correct. Neither Christmas nor Easter has any correct significance to Jesus life. Instead, most of the days the Christians celebrate can be traced back to the Roman pagans and their festivals.

Plans
Also, we should always be changing for the better. we do not need to wait till new years day to formulate a new plan or "New Years Resolution".

May Allah help us all.

wasalam

firdeus

Not related to the thread

Assalam alaikum brother Mabsoot,
It is a while I am trying to figure how to post new threads, no results so far. I would appreciate if you could inform me somehow. Anyway, right now I have a question:
Is snail meat halal? I never ate it before, but mistakenly I bought it in store (I mistaken them for oysters - I know they are halal, because is meat of water).
I am really concerned, because I bought from chinese store, and I know they eat everything. May Allah guide us and forgiveus.

Amin :hijabi:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalam alaikum brother Mabsoot,
It is a while I am trying to figure how to post new threads, no results so far. I would appreciate if you could inform me somehow. Anyway, right now I have a question:
Is snail meat halal? I never ate it before, but mistakenly I bought it in store (I mistaken them for oysters - I know they are halal, because is meat of water).
I am really concerned, because I bought from chinese store, and I know they eat everything. May Allah guide us and forgiveus.

Amin :hijabi:

wa alaykum salam, in the main forum section look for the
newthread.gif
button. It is near the top left, above all the topic listing.

I do not know about Snails, sorry. You must ask a Scholar if it is halal or haram.

When you eat or drink something by accident, then there is no harm done.

Just do not eat it without knowing from a Scholar.

wasalam.

duran

Assalamu Alaykum

Muslims must know that the year is 1427 after hijri. Our calendar is different. This 2007 is a Pagan and Christian date. It is supposedly based upon the life of Jesus (on him be peace).

But, as we know, this is not correct. Neither Christmas nor Easter has any correct significance to Jesus life. Instead, most of the days the Christians celebrate can be traced back to the Roman pagans and their festivals.

wasalam

I know That...Our new Year is Jan/20th/2007

Kayote

Assalamu Alaykum

Plans
Also, we should always be changing for the better. we do not need to wait till new years day to formulate a new plan or "New Years Resolution".

May Allah help us all.

wasalam

:salam2:

Appropriate response but I have to draw everyone's attention to the fact that yes, we do have Hijri calendar but except for few muslim countries, all the rest use the gregorian. Should we be using gregorian when we have hijri? No & yes, No because we have hijri which is Islamic calendar. Yes because we have no choice in the matter, we do not have a choice in the matter at the moment, we live in a western country so we have to abide by their rules & regulation (ofcourse them provided are not against Islam).

So yes, we cannot not acknowledge that it is a new year. Should we celebrate? No.

The above is my opinion & the way I see it.

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

sure we use Gregorian because of the formal nature to its use. Its an internationally accepted for time and date keeping and is essential for business etc.

However, this does not necessitate we join in with the New Year celebrations.

Wasalam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalmu Alaykum
The Gregorian Calendar can be manipulated to fit other people's needs. For Christians, it's the original (B.C./A.D.). For Secular use, it's B.C.E. (Before Common Era) and C.E. (Common Era). For Muslims (as I've seen Abdullah Yusuf Ali use in his translation of the Holy Qur'an), it's B.C. (Before Christ) and A.C. (After Christ).

Though I agree with the fact that we shouldn't celebrate New Years. We also shouldn't use this calendar as our central calendar (using B.C./A.C.) and ignore the Hijri calendar because the Gregorian Calendar includes Leap Years; something Allah has forbidden for us Muslims to use in our calendars in the Qur'an.

My plans for this year are simple:

Continue being a Slave of Allah by obeying all of His commands.

Child of GOD

My plan is for my family and me to reach new levels of faith in God...to reach out to those in need and to be less judging or leery of those things I do not know much about. To learn and of course to share what I have learned and to loveeee
Sheri

Kayote

My plan is for my family and me to reach new levels of faith in God...to reach out to those in need and to be less judging or leery of those things I do not know much about. To learn and of course to share what I have learned and to loveeee
Sheri

May I borrow that prayer for myself as well. Thanks.

Amen.

NewMuslim said:
Though I agree with the fact that we shouldn't celebrate New Years. We also shouldn't use this calendar as our central calendar (using B.C./A.C.) and ignore the Hijri calendar because the Gregorian Calendar includes Leap Years; something Allah has forbidden for us Muslims to use in our calendars in the Qur'an.

NewMuslim, please direct me to the Aayat where this is mentioned please. Im most curious... :jazaak:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalmu Alaykum
Here's the Ayat (translation of the meaning):

"The number of months with Allah has been twelve months by Allah's ordinance since the day He created the heavens and the earth. Of these four are known as sacred; That is the straight usage, so do not wrong yourselves therein, and fight those who go astray.

Verily the transposing (of a prohibited month) is an addition to Unbelief: The Unbelievers are led to wrong thereby: for they make it lawful one year, and forbidden another year, of months forbidden by Allah and make such forbidden ones lawful. The evil of their course seems pleasing to them. But Allah guideth not those who reject Faith." (Qur'an Surah 9:36-37)

Also, in the Prophet Muhammad's :)saw:) last sermon (according to wikipedia, this paragraph is often deleted from copies as it's seen as now unimportant):

"O People, the unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calendar in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade, and to forbid that which Allah has made permissible. With Allah the months are twelve in number. Four of them are holy, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Shaban."

Kayote

Assalmu Alaykum
Here's the Ayat (translation of the meaning):

"The number of months with Allah has been twelve months by Allah's ordinance since the day He created the heavens and the earth. Of these four are known as sacred; That is the straight usage, so do not wrong yourselves therein, and fight those who go astray.

Verily the transposing (of a prohibited month) is an addition to Unbelief: The Unbelievers are led to wrong thereby: for they make it lawful one year, and forbidden another year, of months forbidden by Allah and make such forbidden ones lawful. The evil of their course seems pleasing to them. But Allah guideth not those who reject Faith." (Qur'an Surah 9:36-37)

Also, in the Prophet Muhammad's :)saw:) last sermon (according to wikipedia, this paragraph is often deleted from copies as it's seen as now unimportant):

"O People, the unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calendar in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade, and to forbid that which Allah has made permissible. With Allah the months are twelve in number. Four of them are holy, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Shaban."

:jazaak: for this. I donot think I fully comprehend the meaning of the following: "Four of them are holy, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Shaban."

Also where is it about the lunar days?

Thanks again.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

:jazaak: for this. I donot think I fully comprehend the meaning of the following: "Four of them are holy, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Shaban."

Wa Alaykum Salaam
The Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) was talking about the four Holy Months. The 3 that are successive (I.E. occuring in order such as Febuary does January) are Dhul-Qadah, Dhul-Hijjah, and Muharram. While the 1 that occurs between the months of Jumada and Shaban is Rajab.

Also where is it about the lunar days?
You must mean "where is evidence from the Qur'an to use the moon for calendars"?

This is from the Qur'an as evidence to use the sun and the moon for time:

Qur'an 6:96 (translation of the meaning):
"And He who made the night for rest and sun and moon for reckoning of time. This is the decree of the Exalted, the All-knowing."

This is evidence for the Crescent Moon to be used for months:
Qur'an 2:189 (translation of the meaning):
"They ask you about the waxing and waning phases of the crescent moons, say they are to mark fixed times for mankind and Hajj."

Thanks again.
No problem. Alhamdulillah

omm mohammad

Sheri

لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ He begetteth not nor was begotten.
It is one of the most important principals of eloquence in Arabic to avoid any vague expression or to confuse ideas
1 )There are not child of god as the expression bring the image of begotten and begotten is blasphemous word
the Muslim takes exception to the word "begotten", because begetting is
an animal act, belonging to the lower animal functions of sex

if you want to reach news levels of faith in god are you sure that you'll find
in your bible ????

Matthew 12:33 for the tree is known by [his] fruit.

7:22. Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name and done many miracles in thy name?

7:23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity
Christ Himself had said to those who had professed faith in Him

John 8:44 You are of your father, the Devil

John8:39 They said unto , Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

John 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Matthew 16:4 An evil and adulterous generation

Matthew 39 An evil and adulterous generation

Matthew 45 wicked generation.

Matthew 35 and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Matthew 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things?

A simple question to whom is Jesus ( peace be upon him).

your god : (astagferoallah)

is speaking ?

to the budhistes ?????
to the jews ?????
to the Hindus ???
to the Muslims ???
is your bible not mine
the books of the bible
ruth ......author....unknown
first samuel...........unknown
second samuel.......unknown
first kings..............unknown
second kings..........unknown
first chronicles........unknown
esther...................unknown
job........................unknown
jonah.....................unknown
the protestant have expunged seven whole books
do you have the right to delete '''''the world of god''''?
why blame god for this fiasco ?
whether catholic,protestant or from of the thousand and one sects
they all presuppose their own bible as a world of god
you can verifided,the bible contains a motley type of literature,which
composes the embarrassing kind,the sordid,and the obscene---all under the some cover---