Its so hard for me to read the Quran !

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

I can somewhat read Arabic but not fluently. Reading the Arabic in the Quran is so hard for me. It takes me like 3 to 10 minutes to finish just one page in the Quran. Sometimes I just dont feel like or take any sort of pleasure reading the Quran because of that difficulty in reading It in Arabic. So Can I just stick to reading it in english or just keep reading it in Arabic even If I think I pronounced the words wrong ?

Thank You!

I can somewhat read Arabic but not fluently. Reading the Arabic in the Quran is so hard for me. It takes me like 3 to 10 minutes to finish just one page in the Quran. Sometimes I just dont feel like or take any sort of pleasure reading the Quran because of that difficulty in reading It in Arabic. So Can I just stick to reading it in english or just keep reading it in Arabic even If I think I pronounced the words wrong ?

Thank You!

if you are not able to read mushaf/Quran than you should go to like http://www.tanzil.info or http://quran.com/ or http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ to pick a reciter to read along with or follow along with.

I had a sheik, one time a while back, he caught me off gaurd on a very hard to read part of the Quran I never read before, he asked me to read to him, then he stopped me and told me if you don't know how to read correctly it may curse you. I never looked into this statement so I don't know where he reached that information from. I also didn't know tajweed at that time too.

He then went on to teach me without using a mushaf.

tanzil.info is the best since the page is like popular mushaf. And translation is on hover of mouse in case you want to look into meaning.

Once you learn to read an ayah in sha Allah you will always be able to read with ease.

:wasalam:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Akhi, I hope you know that for all non-Arabic speakers, we go through the same phase. There was the time when we struggle very hard in order to memorize the huroof, pronunce it correctly and recite the Quran with the correct tajweed. Do remember that we all start from the beginning and that its always hardship first, then only will come easiness.

The matter regarding how long you take to read the Quran isnt really a big thing for now. These are the times when you need to give out your best to learn Arabic, practice pronuncing the huroof regularly or do a Ta'smik (you let someone knowledgeable in the Quran to listen to your recitation so that he can correct your tajweed). InshaAllaah the harder you try to please Allaah by learning to recite His Book beautifully, the more Allaah will help you.

"O ye who believe! If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly." (Suroh Muhammad:7)

Just yesterday, I posted in an email that even though we (non-Arabic speakers) may not understand whenever we hear the Quran recitations, but with the beautiful voice of the imaam for taraweekh, his recitation really felt deep within the heart, MashaAllaah. Isnt that amazing?

So I'd say, Dont give up and practice will perfect your Quran recitation, bi ithnillah. And may you become among those who can recite the Quran beautifully (and also with the correct tajweed of course) and touch the heart of others through the great mu'jizaat of the Quran. InshaAllaah.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

I can imagine how hard it is for non Arabic speakers to read Qur'an.
I think you should first improve your arabic level using simple and accessible stuff to learn the basics of the arabic language and inchAllah gradually you will be able to enjoy reading Qur'an in arabic.
I've come across this series of videos and I think that they are very useful.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33777

Personally I can read Qur'an's translation in English and in French but they do not even come close to a tiny fraction of its beauty when you read it in arabic. If you know arabic well you will see that Qur'an is
truly Allah's words.

It is really worth the effort.

Wassalam

dna1987

Muslim Guy

if you are not able to read mushaf/Quran than you should go to like http://www.tanzil.info

tanzil.info is the best since the page is like popular mushaf. And translation is on hover of mouse in case you want to look into meaning.

Once you learn to read an ayah in sha Allah you will always be able to read with ease.

:wasalam:

JazakAllah Khair for sharing this; never knew about it till now. It's a really good site :)

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

With the things above mentioned by brothers I wish you learn the quraan reading through a qaari or alim, inshaAllaah. He can correct you with tajweed, the right pronunciation of letters as well as work with your pace of recitation.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

Thank You!

Wa`alaykum us-salaam

Rejoice dear brother...

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Those who recite the Qur'an beautifully are like the noble scribes (angels); but as for those who are struggling to read it with hardship will merit double rewards" (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

salahdin

Wa aleikum musalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu . Practice makes perfect keep on reading with difficulty ,the more you read the easier it becomes and try to concentrate on one or two sura instead of reading one juuz . something else to keep you going is this .

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur'an will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the Qur'an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have a double reward.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Commentary: Proficient here means one who reads the Qur'an in accordance with the rules of "Ilm At-Tajwid'' (the science of the recitation of the Qur'an) as is evidenced from the words of Imam Bukhari's narration and the title given to the chapter.

This Hadith also highlights the merit of the reader of the Qur'an who does not know `Ilm At-Tajwid, and for that reason cannot read it fluently. But in spite of this, he reads it with great effort. He will be given double reward, one for the difficulty encountered in reciting it, and another for reading it. Safratun translated in the Hadith as scribes (angels) mean the angels that convey the Wahy (Revelation) to the Messenger of Allah. Imam Bukhari has taken it to mean "one who makes reconciliation''. The angels who bring Wahy and chastisement from Allah.

What about that .