I've sat in the presence of a Martyr

Anas_L

Young Muslim
As Salamu Alaykum

I don't know if any of you know of a man named Dawood Burbank (May peace and blessings be upon him and his family) who was a British Muslim, known for his translations from Arabic to English.

This man (May peace and blessings be upon him and his family) passed away of a coach explosion in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia as a pilgrim on his way to perform Hajj with his wife and two sons.

Him and his wife passed to the next life, and I've heard that he started to pray right before he died. Subhanallah, I can't believe that Allah has allowed me to sit with such a man.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-15552189

I remember him as a calm man, very clear in speech. I saw him very rarely on occasions of Jummah and Masjid speeches.

Yahya related from Malik from Abdullah ibn Abdullah ibn Jabir ibn Atik that Atik ibn al-Harith told him that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said: ‘What do you consider dying a martyr to be?" They said, "Death in the way of Allah." The Messenger of Allah (saws) said, "There are seven kinds of martyrs other than those killed in the Way of Allah. Someone who is killed by the plague is a martyr, someone who drowns is a martyr, someone who dies of pleurisy is a martyr, someone who dies of a disease of the belly is a martyr, someone who dies by fire is a martyr, someone who dies under a falling building is a martyr, and a woman who dies in childbirth is a martyr."