Video Jermaine Jackson About Islam, Being Muslim and Michael Jackson

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/images/tti/Jermaine_jackson_Muslim_small.jpg[/img]Jermaine Jackson, is now called Muhammad Abdul Aziz. He talks About Finding Peace and contentment through Islam.

He talks about his feelings for being a Muslim and also expresses his desire for his younger brother Michael Jackson to also become Muslim. Infact, he states in the video that he has given many Islamic books to his brother and that Michael is contemplating becoming a Muslim, inshaAllah. Jermaine also talks about his love for Muslims and his desire to live in Muslim countries. He has found great peace and calm through his Islamic beliefs and love of Allah.

He was born December 11, 1954,he is an American Grammy Award-winning singer, bass guitarist, former member of The Jackson 5 and brother of American pop stars Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson. And Most importantly, he is a Muslim.

:SMILY252: Jermaine talks about his love of other cultures and people, his reasons for leaving Christianity and becoming Muslim. His devotion to Allah, the great benefits that he gets from praying five times and also from doing optional fasting during the week. He explains how he feels at ease and peace by his Islamic beliefs and his rememberance of Allah.:SMILY252:

Jermaine (Muhammad) Jackson, Michael Jackson's Brother
[vg]8530986847716608173[/vg]

Please remember to link back to our website when sharing this video. JazakAllahu khayr.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Masha Allaah Alhamdulillaah. I have heard of this news but never confirmed it. I hope his brother Michael would embrace Islam too. It's really weird because when I was a kid I was really a Michael Jackson fanatic and even hoped that one day he'll be Muslim and now his brother is. Insha Allaah Allaah swt would guide him.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Masha Allaah Alhamdulillaah. I have heard of this news but never confirmed it. I hope his brother Michael would embrace Islam too. It's really weird because when I was a kid I was really a Michael Jackson fanatic and even hoped that one day he'll be Muslim and now his brother is. Insha Allaah Allaah swt would guide him.

:wasalam:

Hey, i hate to admit but I used to sing his songs when i was a kid.. When i was 3 years old I would sing and do MJ dance moves at people's weddings lol. I got a video of that, but dont think I will put it up ;)

BintMuhammad

Staff member
LOL *wonders how she could get a copy of that video* :D I hate to admit this too, the motivation behind hoping Michael to become Muslim was marrying him LoL

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Personally I think we should NOT be fascinated by his celebrity status...I think CELEBRITY reverts can do damage to Islam (as they often ignore Qur'aan and Sunnah); they are very few who I can think of & quote as an example...I know that it can be hard coming from such a background

If Allah (SWT) guides Michael it will be great & if NOT then its his loss & not Allah (SWT)'s or Ours (as Muslims) or Islam.

Lets react when he becomes Muslim; shall we.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Very well said. But there's nothing wrong with wishing or praying for someone to become a Muslim is there?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asslamo Allaikum,

Personally I think we should NOT be fascinated by his celebrity status...I think CELEBRITY reverts can do damage to Islam (as they often ignore Qur'aan and Sunnah); they are very few who I can think of & quote as an example...I know that it can be hard coming from such a background

If Allah (SWT) guides Michael it will be great & if NOT then its his loss & not Allah (SWT)'s or Ours (as Muslims) or Islam.

Lets react when he becomes Muslim; shall we.

Asssalamu alaykum,

I think the benefit is that the Media NEVER show Muslims in a good light. The Media were kinda forced into having interviews with Jermaine Jackson because of the public's fascination with him. Everyone called him the "Peace Keeper" whilst he was in the Celebrity Show Big Brother. They wanted to know why he was so calm and how he would mediate with other people and resolve their problems. And Alhamdulillah, it was due to his Islamic beliefs.

Obviously he is not a Scholar, he is a New Muslim. We shouldnt be judgemental if he does something wrong, as long as he doesnt claim those to be part of Islam.

Wasalam.

Hey, i hate to admit but I used to sing his songs when i was a kid.. When i was 3 years old I would sing and do MJ dance moves at people's weddings lol. I got a video of that, but dont think I will put it up ;)

:salam2:
:)
thank's for the video,
i am waiting yours :SMILY27:

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
:salam2:

:jazaak: for this video Brother Mabsoot. All Glory and Praise be to Allah (SWT), the Lord of Honour and Cherisher of the Worlds, who guided Jermaine Jackson and many other celebrities to Islam.

I hope one day the rest of the Jackson family embraces Islam by following Jermaine's example, and support each other in seeking the truth through the teachings of the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah.

Allah (SWT) guides whom He wills and He knows best those who will be guided.

From Allah (SWT) we came... To Him we shall return.

May Allah (SWT) guide us, turn to us mercifully, protect us, forgive us and set right all our affairs. May He give us the opportunity of doing every kind of good deed and protect us against every kind of sin. O Allah! Please give us the strength to stand firmly on the path of righteousness.

Ameen.

Najmoen

Asssalamu alaykum,

Jermaine Jackson is a celebrity, Mohammad Ali is a celebrity, Cat Stevens is a celebrity, Malcolm X was a celebrity, Louis Farrakhan ... etc. Why should we get preoccupied by celebrities their status and that of Micheal Jackson? It appears from this discussion, now that certain celebrities embraced Islam their blind following fans will follow them into Islam. We heard that Jermaine has made d'awah to his brother and collectively we know only Allah (SWA) gives hidayaah. So our responsibility as Muslims is to go out there and make d'awah and not leave it to the celebrities to do our job for us.

My stand on musicians is that their wisperings are the wisperings from amongst men (see suah An'Nas) which detract from the message of Allah (SWA) which misleads the youth, which takes the place in our brains allocated for Qalam-Allam. Music should be avoided at all costs, in fact we aught to seek refuge from it constantly.

Here is a link of a group of Muslim rappers called "Native Deen"- Is this d'awah has been reduced to?

May Allah (SWT) guide and shower his mercy upon us, keep us conscious of our Islamic duties and give us the strength to carry them out and stand firmly in the path of righteousness and protect us against every kind of sin. - Insha-Allah Ameen.

SisterAmina

It is good to know that Jermain converted to Islam, but it is sad to see that he practices Islam wrongly.:astag: Please do not forget, our best example to follow is Rasulu Allah, SAW. So, let´s make Dua that Allah shows Jermain and his unveiled wife the right path. Subhana Allah.....

Salamu Alaikum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Najmoen, although I share with you your concern, nobody is getting preoccupied by celebrities here - on this website. Nor are we promoting his or anyone else's music. As far as I know, he has not said anything wrong about Islam in that video.

However, seeing as he was in the public view a lot in the UK, and with many people asking about his Religion, it was good that he spoke about Islam. This could have only been positive for Muslims as all other news was about the fabricated and exaggerated news about Muslims not integrating, and being terrorists etc.

Also, I would point out that Malcolm X was not a Celebrity, but a prominent Speaker for Human rights in the USA as part of the Civil Rights movement. Obviously that doesnt mean he was an Islamic Scholar or that we learn Islam from him. It does not matter if we mention these things, as long as nobody makes them to be Scholars.

Now we have ex-Taliban captured Journalists, Ex-Christian Preachers from the US and so forth made to give Islamic talks, that is wrong as they should not be doing what they are not qualified to do, it is the domain of the Ulema' and people who have properly studied Islam.

Wasalam.