Jewish prayer similar to ours

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
This was amazing to watch!!!..I had a chill go down my spine out of shock!!!

There are differences in the way the young man prayed from that of our prayer (of course)...but there are things which are STRIKINGLY similar..from the placement of hands onto the chest..down to what would be a *tasleem*..and I even sensed there's a *tarteel* in the recitations made by the young man...

Truly incredible!!!..I have learned something completely new..so jazak Allah Khair for it akhi!

P.S. When I took a *Comparative Religions* class and I bought the textbook for it..I immediately started reading through the section about "Ibrahamic Religions"..each section contained *selected verses* from each holy book of each religion..and when I got to Judaism..there were verses which seemed like another wording of some Qura'anic verses..I was astonished to say the least..so even in this aspect..we share similarities..sobhanallah!

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

*Sniffle* This makes me miss my family. It reminded me of my brothers, uncles, and grandfather praying. This man's Hebrew is excellent!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum:D
*Sniffle* This makes me miss my family.
HUGGGGGG SISTERRR!!! may Allah guide your family and all those who are misguided.ameeen

Allah hafiz now and alwayssss:D

Rashadi

Salam alai kum

Here is an example of a Jewish daily prayer and you can see the similarities to the Islamic Salah.

It's evident that we Muslim's have a common background to the Jewish faith however Zionism is trying to eradicate and destroy this background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aHW...463&pid=1202331&st=0&&feature=player_embedded

Peace2u

If u ever read what the Jewish historian Josephus said about the movement which Jesus(as) belonged to, you will be even more shocked. They worshiped 5 times daily, they washed up and even used water after relieving themselves. Islam as always there and that is the deen of all of the prophets. The sharias may have differed from place to place and at different times but the main message was the same, "La ilaha ila Allah".

poetic

mrs aisha b
Salaam Alaikum..

I thought jewish wor a small type cap/hat on their heads this one is biggar

:salam2:

Something they did that kinda of similar that I now of, they memorized there scripture. But Allah tells us what one of there problems was:

وَمِنْهُمْ أُمِّيُّونَ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ الْكِتَابَ إِلَّا أَمَانِيَّ وَإِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا يَظُنُّونَ [٢:٧٨]

[Hilali-Khan-0] And there are among them (Jews) unlettered people, who know not the Book, but they trust upon false desires and they but guess.[2:78]

[pickthall] Among them are unlettered folk who know the Scripture not except from hearsay. They but guess.

So that is what happened, they memorized but never taught the language to a point that they were unable to describe the revelation properly and get proper guidance from it.

And this is important lesson for muslims, as we rush to just memorize Quran, without learning the Arabic language and meanings. But Alhamdulillah, as I see lately there is so much teaching of Arabic and tafsir in English coming about these days.

please forgive me if I made an errors, and note it is from me any errors and not from Allah and His perfected religion.

Al-Indunisiy

About The Video Owner

The video owner/maker have -interestingly- learnt Islam. And there are 19 video's belonging to him in youtube under the playlist: Islam and the Bible.

Some of his videos are
a)Orthodox Jew Who Didn't Reject Islam [because...]

b) ( jewish / muslim part 1 ) Why Jewish? Why Not Muslim?
Description:Rebellious rejection is NOT the same as being unconvinced. Were one to join a religion or profess a perspective which he is unconvinced of, THEN would he be KNOWINGLY living in falsehood - outwardly professing a faith / perspective he does not possess

c)Mohammed & Isaiah 29:12

I think it would be interesting to invite him here for a discussion. (I would love to see it, he seems to be a critical and honest guy) Does anyone want to invite him over here?

Peace2u

Turn To Islam

The video owner/maker have -interestingly- learnt Islam. And there are 19 video's belonging to him in youtube under the playlist: Islam and the Bible.

Some of his videos are
a)Orthodox Jew Who Didn't Reject Islam [because...]

b) ( jewish / muslim part 1 ) Why Jewish? Why Not Muslim?
Description:Rebellious rejection is NOT the same as being unconvinced. Were one to join a religion or profess a perspective which he is unconvinced of, THEN would he be KNOWINGLY living in falsehood - outwardly professing a faith / perspective he does not possess

c)Mohammed & Isaiah 29:12

I think it would be interesting to invite him here for a discussion. (I would love to see it, he seems to be a critical and honest guy) Does anyone want to invite him over here?

Salam alai kum brother

Very interesting indeed. Please do go ahead and invite him here as he would obviously be welcomed to TTI.

Peace2u

BinteShafi

Left long ago
hmmm...that would be really good if he comes here. That mean I should keep on visiting TTI as oppose to my recent thoughts of not coming back..

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
If u ever read what the Jewish historian Josephus said about the movement which Jesus(as) belonged to, you will be even more shocked. They worshiped 5 times daily, they washed up and even used water after relieving themselves. Islam as always there and that is the deen of all of the prophets. The sharias may have differed from place to place and at different times but the main message was the same, "La ilaha ila Allah".

Salam brother

Yes of course all the Prophets carried the same message and it was simply man himself that chopped and changed the true teachings that were sent by Allah (SWT).

Peace2u

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Wow, I was reading the english translation at the bottom there and some words were very similar to their Arabic counterparts! The way the words are written feel really similar to that of the Quran

Al-Indunisiy

He replied

omedyashar has sent you a message:
Re: Invitation
shalom 3aleikham.

Thank you for the invitation. I truly would love to participate in discussions, but my time is too limited :( I have to limit my discussion to YouTube. I am a member to a few facebook groups of some friends of mine... and I would also love to participate in these groups, but I very rarely do, and these are good friends of mine. Thanks again. Best wishes to you.

B-birkath HaShem,

Yosef
You can reply to this message by visiting your inbox.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
omedyashar has sent you a message:
Re: Invitation
shalom 3aleikham.

Thank you for the invitation. I truly would love to participate in discussions, but my time is too limited :( I have to limit my discussion to YouTube. I am a member to a few facebook groups of some friends of mine... and I would also love to participate in these groups, but I very rarely do, and these are good friends of mine. Thanks again. Best wishes to you.

B-birkath HaShem,

Yosef
You can reply to this message by visiting your inbox.

Salam alai kum bro

Jazakhallah Khair for trying to invite him to TTI.

May Allah reward you for your efforts.

Peace2u