JIHAAD...

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:

The Enemies of The Believers

The enemies of the believers are many but at the head of them there are five. Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawzeeyah (may Allaah have mercy upon him) mentioned four of them in “al-Fawaa-id) when he said:

“The most obligatory form of Jihaad (striving for the sake of Allaah):

1. Jihaadun-Nafs (striving against ones self)

2. Jihaadul-Hawaa (striving against the evil desires)

3. Jihaadush-Shaytaan (striving against the Devil)

4.Jihaadud-Dunyaa (striving against the worldly life)

Whoever strives against these four enemies for the sake of Allaah then Allaah will guide him to the paths of His pleasure which will take one to His paradise. Whoever abandons the Jihaad (striving for the sake of Allaah) then guidance will pass by him according to how much he left off from the Jihaad (striving for the sake of Allaah).”

The First Enemy: The Self:

Allaah has mentioned in His book informing us about the statement of wife of the Azeez:

“Verily the soul commands with evil except for that which my Lord has mercy upon” (Surah Yusuf: 53).

The word that Allaah used in the Arabic language to describe the soul’s commanding of its companion with evil is “Ammaarah). There is a shaddah over the meem, therefore the meaning of the word is: one that frequently commands its companion with evil.

Shaykh Abdur-Rahmaan bin Naasir (may Allaah have mercy upon him) said in his explanation of the above verse:

“This means because (the soul) frequently commands its companion with evil. Meaning (it commands with) the matters of indecency and the rest of the sin. For verily it (the soul) is the ride of the Shaytaan, and from it he enters upon the human being.”

It was mentioned by one of the Salaf:

“The weakest of the creation is the one who is weak regarding repelling his (soul’s) desires. The strongest of creation is the one who is strong upon repelling it”

The Second Enemy: The Evil Desires:

Allaah has said (what means)

"Have you seen the one who has taken as his deity his desires and Allaah led him astray upon knowledge (of his condition" (Suratul-Jaathiyah: 23)

More than one from amongst the salaf have said:

"There's no deity worshipped under the surface of the heavens greater than the evil desires"

It was also said by one of the salaf:

"The idol of every person is his evil desires. If he breaks it by being in opposition to it he is entitled the name one who is strong and has the ability to defend himself"

Bishr al-Haafee (may Allaah have mercy upon him) mentioned:

"The calamity, all of it is in (following) your evil desires and the remedy, all of it is in your opposing your (evil) desires"

Allaah has said (what means):

"Who is more astray than the one who followed his desires without guidance from Allaah" (Suratul-Qasas: 50)

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said (what means):

"There are three things which destroy a person: evil desires which are followed, miserliness which is obeyed, and a person being amazed with himself" (Declared to be good by Shaykh al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah)

The Third Enemy: Shayaateenul-Jinn (Devils of The Jinn)

Allaah has said informing of the statement of the Shaytaan:

"I will certainly wait for them on Your straight path. Then I will come to them from in front of them, behind them, on their right and their left and You will not find most of them being grateful" (Suratul-A'raaf: 16-17)

Shaykh Abdur-Rahmaan bin Naasir as-Sa'dee (may Allaah have mercy upon him) said in his explanation of the above verse:

"Iblees said when he gave up all hope for the mercy of Allaah- Because you have led me astray I will certainly wait for them- meaning the creation-upon Your straight path- meaning that I will certainly stick to the path and exert my utmost striving in keeping the people away from it and causing them not to traverse upon it"

Also the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said (what means):

"I seek refuge with You (Allaah) from the Shaytaan corrupting me at the time of death" (Sunan Abee Daawood: #1552. Authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee)

If the Shaytaan strove to mislead the Prophets and Messengers at the time of their deaths then how much more so for us who are not upon the level of the Prophets and Messengers. Rather the assault of the Shaytaan upon us is more so than that of the Prophets and Messengers as they were protected by Allaah in a way that others are not.

The Fourth Enemy:Shayaateenul-Ins (Devils of The Mankind):

"Likewise We have made for every Prophet an enemy from the devils of mankind and the Jinn" (al-An'aam: 112)

The scholars have mentioned that the devils from amongst mankind are the ones who are in opposition to the truth and they combat the truth. They are the adversaries of the Prophets and their followers. Allaah has said (what means):

"Oh Prophet fear Allaah and do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites" (Suratul-Ahzaab: 1)

Shaykh Abdur-Rahmaan bin Naasir as-Sa'dee (may Allaah have mercy upon him):

"Do not obey every disbeliever who has outwardly displayed the enmity for Allaah and His Messenger. Do not obey a hypocrite who has hidden the denial (of his of the truth), the disbelief (of his in Allaah and His Messenger) and outwardly displayed the opposite of it. These individuals are the enemies in reality. Therefore do not obey them in the matters which invalidate the fear (of Allaah)."

The scholars have mentioned, being that the hypocrites and the disbelievers are the greatest of mankind in opposition to the Prophets, Messengers, and their followers Allaah has warned His Prophet from being obedient to these two types of people in big and small matters.

The Fifth Enemy: The Worldly Life:

What is intended by the worldly life is everything that diverts one from the hereafter.

"and The life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment." (Suratul-Hadeed: 20)

"Oh you who believe! Verily from amongst your wives and your children there are enemies to you therefore be aware of them" (Suratut-Taghaabun: 14)

Shaykh Abdur-Rahmaan bin Naasir (may Allaah have mercy upon him) said in his explanation of the above verse:

"This is a warning from Allaah to the believers from becoming deceived by the wives and the children for verily some of them are enemies to you. The enemy is the one who wants evil for you, and your job is to be aware from the one whom this is his description"

The Prophet (sallallaah alayhi wa sallam) said (what means):

"Verily I do not fear that you will associate (partners with Allaah) however I fear upon you the worldly life that you will compete for it" (Bukhaaree: #4042 and Muslim: #2296)

The Prophet (sallallaah alayhi wa sallam) also said (what means):

"I do not fear upon you poverty, but I fear upon you that the worldly things will be opened up for you just as it was opened up for those before and you will compete for it like those before you did and it will destroy you like it destroy them" (Bukhaaree: #6425 and Muslim: #2961)

The Prophet (sallallaah alayhi wa sallam) said (what means):

"Verily for every nation there is its trial and the trial of my nation is the wealth" (at-Tirmidhee, Ahmad and others)

A poet said:

"The devil, the worldly life, myself and the evil desires.

How could there be any escape when all of them are my enemies"

Some of the quotes where taken from the book "The weak believer" by the Shaykh Muhammad al-Emaam (may Allaah preserve him).

Abu Yusuf Khaleefah
Source: http://31097.multiply.com/journal/it...The_Believers+

"Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancor." - Al -Ma'idah:2

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum wrwb. JazakAllahu khayran ukhti. may i send this to my email to keep it as a reminder? it was really a great post and i'd like to forward it if you don't mind. Asalamu alaykum wrwb.