Jinns

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2: :SMILY149: sister and brothers,

Inshallah hope everyone is in good health.:SMILY288:

I have this question to ask which I have a answer to but I have no evidence,but someone told me there is a hadith related to this.

Inshallah let me start off,I have heard that it is not good to sit in a toilet for too long for time wasting,that bothers the jinn in the toilet.:SMILY286: (I have heard there is jinns in every single toilets)

Also the same goes for when you are having baths,that tempts the jinn.

Is this true anyone?

Jazzak-Allah Khair

:wasalam: :SMILY149:

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam Alaykum

sister in islam..yeah sister live in toilet and the jinn live on this earth where we do. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards. Hence the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us to take precautions when entering such places, by reciting the adhkaar (prayers) prescribed by Islam. One of these was reported by Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “When the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the toilet, he would say, ‘Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-khubuthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the evil ones, male and female).’”
(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 142; and Muslim, 375).

Al-Khattaabi explained that khubuth is the plural of khabeeth (evil or dirty – masculine form), and khabaa’ith is the plural of khabeethah (evil or dirty – feminine form), and that what is meant is male and female shayaateen..

finally i tell u what u should say when u enter toilet to protect urself from them.........

Based on this, we cannot say anything about them except that which has been narrated in the texts of Islam; anything other than that is hidden from us.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allaah)”
[al-Isra’ 17:36]
For more information on this topic, see the book ‘Aalim al-Jinn wa’l-Shayateen by Dr ‘Umar Sulaymaan al-Ashqar.

i leave u in care of Allah

<wasalam>

Karima

Asalamualikum,

This topic is always interesting. Now, I can reason why I never wanted to take water to drink from the bathroom. All of my childhood years, I refused any water from a faucet in a bathroom to drink. I would not take food into the bathroom, either.

One can say this is a minor phobia, but in reality, my 'feeling' about this was for a reason.

Salam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Asalamualikum,

This topic is always interesting. Now, I can reason why I never wanted to take water to drink from the bathroom. All of my childhood years, I refused any water from a faucet in a bathroom to drink. I would not take food into the bathroom, either.

One can say this is a minor phobia, but in reality, my 'feeling' about this was for a reason.

Salam

:salam2: :SMILY259:

Same here aswell sis,Alhamdullilah I have been always aware of what to take in and what not to.:blackhijab:

Jazzak-Allah Khair brother for the hadiths used above.

:wasalam:

angel 786

PROUD 2 B MUSLIM
:salam2:

yeah i ave heard of dat but idon't ave da proof of it aswell but inshallah we would find da evidense n inshallah al da muslim com would get more knowledgable day by day
May ALLAH SW bless u

haris

Patience
Aslam O alikum

In reply to the question posted by sister Zarah. Yes there are jinn in the lavatories or bathrooms as they live in Unclean places.

I would recomend this book for more information on this topic.

"The World of Jinn and Devils" by Dr. Umar Sulaiman al-Ashqar
It is translated in English by Jamaal al-Din M.Zarabozo

b_hanan

Hence the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us to take precautions when entering such places, by reciting the adhkaar (prayers) prescribed by Islam. One of these was reported by Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “When the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the toilet, he would say, ‘Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-khubuthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the evil ones, male and female).’”

How about starting to memorize the above Dua'a? What I did for my children to learn this dua'a is I printed the dua'a and posted it near the door of the bathroom and let them recite it aloud. Also, when leaving the restroom, the dua'a is "GHUFRAANAKA-I seek Your forgiveness.":wasalam:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Hence the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us to take precautions when entering such places, by reciting the adhkaar (prayers) prescribed by Islam. One of these was reported by Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “When the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the toilet, he would say, ‘Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-khubuthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the evil ones, male and female).’”

How about starting to memorize the above Dua'a? What I did for my children to learn this dua'a is I printed the dua'a and posted it near the door of the bathroom and let them recite it aloud. Also, when leaving the restroom, the dua'a is "GHUFRAANAKA-I seek Your forgiveness.":wasalam:

Jazzak-Allah Khair,very useful. (Alhamdullilah I know the Du`a by heart.:SMILY149:

Jazzak-Allah Khair:tti_sister:

IslamicPearl

Salam

I know that jinns can be invisible to us or they can walk on street wiht us , they can have families or different religions. Somenoe told that its said that some of them are scholars of islam.

So they can be very different and also tricky. But from this to living in the toilet it seems to be a big distance. They can watch us naked but does Quran say they live in dirty places (so we suppose also toilet)?
So it means i am not alone in my bathroom???? :(

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Salam

I know that jinns can be invisible to us or they can walk on street wiht us , they can have families or different religions. Somenoe told that its said that some of them are scholars of islam.

So they can be very different and also tricky. But from this to living in the toilet it seems to be a big distance. They can watch us naked but does Quran say they live in dirty places (so we suppose also toilet)?
So it means i am not alone in my bathroom???? :(

:salam2: :shake:

I am not that sure sis,as they say Jinn stays in dirty places.:girl3: