Just for the grades

Muslimboy2222

:salam2:

I have been troubled by the so called biological evolution, but just to clear things up my problem is not a question of me believing in it because i don't even for a bit but rather i find it difficult to answer questions that are related to this topic in my biology exam. I keep asking myself whether i'm doing the right thing by answering these questions or am i transgressing the limits of Allah swt. The only reason why i am answering these questions is just to have a good grade in biology nothing else but is this right? what do you think?

Is there any islamic rulings or fatwas about this because i haven't been able to find any. Any information would be gladly appreciated even if it's your own opinions

:wasalam:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

In the exams, I used to always begin my answers 'according the the theory of evolution ..' Or 'According to Charles Darwin' or mention one of his books in place of his name.

That way you can't lose any marks because you're saying exactly what they have in the mark scheme to get your points, but at the same time, you're citing a reference for that opinion, disassociating yourself from it.

And yes..if theres a fatwah about this I'd be interested to see it aswell.

Muslimboy2222

In the exams, I used to always begin my answers 'according the the theory of evolution ..' Or 'According to Charles Darwin' or mention one of his books in place of his name.

That way you can't lose any marks because you're saying exactly what they have in the mark scheme to get your points, but at the same time, you're citing a reference for that opinion, disassociating yourself from it.

And yes..if theres a fatwah about this I'd be interested to see it aswell.

But is it worth it?? because i'll be basically citing a lie which kinda seems awkward to me, but any way i'll definitely try out your idea.

upuaut

You can state the answer, then state that you do not believe in it. I don't think they should punish you for this.

abu'muhammad

I have been troubled by the so called biological evolution, but just to clear things up my problem is not a question of me believing in it because i don't even for a bit but rather i find it difficult to answer questions that are related to this topic in my biology exam. I keep asking myself whether i'm doing the right thing by answering these questions or am i transgressing the limits of Allah swt. The only reason why i am answering these questions is just to have a good grade in biology nothing else but is this right? what do you think?

Is there any islamic rulings or fatwas about this because i haven't been able to find any. Any information would be gladly appreciated even if it's your own opinions

You are right my brother. This is the problem muslim students encounter.

A person shouldn’t read, write or learn, whatever contradicts islamic beliefs. If you find some contradiction in answer against Islamic creed and belief then leave it and write anything else in the answer. you can write ' quotation' as sister said. although ruling need to be sought on 'whether we can write the quotation that contradicts islamic beliefs'. as I am not sure of it.

an instance of how some biologist have atheistic beliefs, and contradict Islam : some believe “life existed by accident on earth”. Some believe “ simple organic matter turned to complex matter and living beings breathed” For muslims these are kufr. By Omitting such texts you can write other lines in exam, that will not degrade your scoring. And Allah is the best helper.And may help you to get good score.

I too would like to hear of islamic ruling regarding the subject. – InshaAllah and ask Allah to forgive for any mistake.

Muslimboy2222

*removed*

First of all i would like to say that i don't believe in evolution in islam for a number of reasons but the most important being we were created by Allah swt as "whole" meaning we did not evolve from an ape or anything else for that matter here is the proof

surat At-tin fourth ayah " Verily we created man in the best stature "

so what does it mean to be created in the best stature, it means that man has been given the finest body which no other living being has been given, and he has been blessed with the noblest faculties of thought, knowledge and intellect which no other creature has been blessed with. (I have included the source down below..>islamicstudies link,then click on the quran & translation commentary hyperlink) So this basically rules out the theory of evolution.

To summarize the answer to your question thus far, belief in macro-evolutionary transformation and variation of non-human species does not seem to me to entail kufr (unbelief) or shirk (ascribing co-sharers to Allah) unless one also believes that such transformation came about by random mutation and natural selection, understanding these adjectives as meaning causal independence from the will of Allah. You have to look in your heart and ask yourself what you believe. From the point of view of tawhid, Islamic theism, nothing happens "at random," there is no "autonomous nature," and anyone who believes in either of these is necessarily beyond the pale of Islam.

Judging from my understanding of the term Marco-evolutionary which is "evolution on the grand scale where new species are formed after a long time, in this case a couple of million years" doesn't this go hand in hand/ support evolution. Maybe i'm misunderstanding the article but to me it sounds that this guy is refuting evolution but at the same time supporting it. He says that belief in macro-evolutionary transformation and variation of non-human species does not seem to me to entail kufr, so in other words every other living creature evolved except humans?? am i right here??. help me out if i'm missing out on something

So inshallah let us increase our iman in our deen & stay away from the things that turns us away from practising our beautiful religion.

If you want to know more about understanding the quran then i would suggest that you take a look at the following website
http://www.islamicstudies.info/

Useful website
http://www.inter-islam.org/Biographies/adam.html