Knowledge expansion and discovery in Islamic society ,social values and forces that motivate the exp

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

I hope this post finds everyone in the best of health and iman ,in sha' Allah
Dear brothers and sisters I urgently need some articles and materials on the topic:

"Knowledge expansion and discovery in Islamic society -Social forces and values that motivate the exploration"

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-salaam wa'rahmatullah,

I could be wrong but when I interpret that question it feels like it is asking what Islam (or the people of Islam, and their societies) have accomplished in terms original discoveries, and methods. Is this correct? If so then I am sure there is plenty of stuff although how would you examine those in relation to what motivated such developments is a bit tricky (well for me anyway). For example, the development of hadith criticism maybe, scientific discoveries/developments (what about that 1001 inventions book - http://www.scribd.com/doc/77598697/1001-Inventions-Muslim-Heritage-in-Our-World, I haven't read this). I'm not really sure what else because I fear I might be wrong because I have interpreted the question incorrectly.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa-alaykum-us-salaam wa'rahmatullah,

I could be wrong but when I interpret that question it feels like it is asking what Islam (or the people of Islam, and their societies) have accomplished in terms original discoveries, and methods. Is this correct? If so then I am sure there is plenty of stuff although how would you examine those in relation to what motivated such developments is a bit tricky (well for me anyway). For example, the development of hadith criticism maybe, scientific discoveries/developments (what about that 1001 inventions book - http://www.scribd.com/doc/77598697/1001-Inventions-Muslim-Heritage-in-Our-World, I haven't read this). I'm not really sure what else because I fear I might be wrong because I have interpreted the question incorrectly.

Yes,somewhat of that and what Islamic social values and forces can motivate the continuation and expansion of knowledge and discoveries in the contemporary age.Like in the present age ,what values and social forces can motivate us ,what hurdles are experienced and how can they be overcome.

:jazaak: for replying brother

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Yes,somewhat of that and what Islamic social values and forces can motivate the continuation and expansion of knowledge and discoveries in the contemporary age.Like in the present age ,what values and social forces can motivate us ,what hurdles are experienced and how can they be overcome.

:jazaak: for replying brother

aslam o alaikum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu,

bhai this part of the lecture wasn't transcribed, but if you go almost near the end Brother Nouman ALi khan talks about how islamic knowledge can totally change our understanding of psychology we have and how to deal with psychological issues.

[video=youtube;amb4n2TEasQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=amb4n2TEasQ[/video]

and also in university one course really focused on medicine and where they come from, and alot of medicine is found in nature, where chemist are able to extract the substance and develop medicine, alot of such things are referred to it in quran and hadith like, olive , black seed, honey, MISWAK (very important) etc etc i think you can research to see what is done already on these ingredients and what can be done in the future.

One more subject well which im really curious about and inshAllah plan to research, is how islamic way of live protects us from many viruses and bacteria not sure you would want to go that deep into microbiology, but the islamic lifestyle, the use of water, the way of cleaning, saves us from transfer of many bacterial and viral diseases,

e.g.

387049_476375079093525_358933223_n.png

u can find more references
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/World_Muslim_Population_Pew_Forum.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/People_living_with_HIV_AIDS_world_map.PNG

Bhai there is alot alot like i dont want to list so many things cause im not sure this is exact what you are looking for

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
aslam o alaikum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu,

bhai this part of the lecture wasn't transcribed, but if you go almost near the end Brother Nouman ALi khan talks about how islamic knowledge can totally change our understanding of psychology we have and how to deal with psychological issues.

[video=youtube;amb4n2TEasQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=amb4n2TEasQ[/video]

and also in university one course really focused on medicine and where they come from, and alot of medicine is found in nature, where chemist are able to extract the substance and develop medicine, alot of such things are referred to it in quran and hadith like, olive , black seed, honey, MISWAK (very important) etc etc i think you can research to see what is done already on these ingredients and what can be done in the future.

One more subject well which im really curious about and inshAllah plan to research, is how islamic way of live protects us from many viruses and bacteria not sure you would want to go that deep into microbiology, but the islamic lifestyle, the use of water, the way of cleaning, saves us from transfer of many bacterial and viral diseases,

e.g.

View attachment 9690

u can find more references
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/World_Muslim_Population_Pew_Forum.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/People_living_with_HIV_AIDS_world_map.PNG

Bhai there is alot alot like i dont want to list so many things cause im not sure this is exact what you are looking for

wa 'alaikomassalam warahmatollahi wabarakatuhu
:jazaak: bhai
That is about what things we have in Islam,like brother ditta posted and you posted.That will indeed be helpful espcially brother NAK's insight is.
My topic is also concerned with social values in Islam that can empower and overcome hurdles present in today's age and era..
may Allah grant you good results in your research and accept from you.Ameen

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

I do apologize if what I linked isn't much related to what you're looking for. I think I understood what you exactly need and a very interesting topic indeed but I don't have much sources about it.

Wish you the best for your research.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

I do apologize if what I linked isn't much related to what you're looking for. I think I understood what you exactly need and a very interesting topic indeed but I don't have much sources about it.

Wish you the best for your research.

walaikum salam wa rahmatuALlahi wa barakatuhu,

Sister if you dont mind could you download and put those attachments on TTI, on that forum SubhanAllah they haven't activated my account (even thou its been so long) lol so i cant access it it would be interesting to have a look at them inshAllah

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Well the attachment are quite a lot and I have not read all of them although from the discussion it seems educational.

Try to email brother Haitham for your account activation. haitham _ hamdan @ hotmail dot com [I hope I am not transgressing TTI's rule].

Which attachment you want me to download and then upload it here?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Well the attachment are quite a lot and I have not read all of them although from the discussion it seems educational.

Try to email brother Haitham for your account activation. haitham _ hamdan @ hotmail dot com [I hope I am not transgressing TTI's rule].

Which attachment you want me to download and then upload it here?

aslam o aliakum

im not sure its necessary to email him if you can just attach

Response by Dr. Akram Nadwi - to Herbert Berg's book, "The Development of Exegesis in Early Islam"

inshAllah its in the 1st post itself

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah,

I'll attach both pdf from the first post there.

I gave the brother's email in case you want your account to be activate again (since you said they haven't activated your account for a long time) because if I'm not mistaken he's the admin there.

Attachments

• 3399408.pdf
    550.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Journal of Islamic Studies-2003-Nadwi-370-7.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 8

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah,

I'll attach both pdf from the first post there.

I gave the brother's email in case you want your account to be activate again (since you said they haven't activated your account for a long time) because if I'm not mistaken he's the admin there.

walaikum salam wa rahmatuALlahi wa barakatuhu,

OK JazakAllah khair for the email and attaching the file