Question: Kulfi Ice cream

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

(Three brothers suddenly craving for kulfi is kind of scary)

I am sorry, I don't know how.

I only used to know how to eat it. Every day when we were kids, there was a kulfi-pushcart-man coming outside our gate during summer vacation. We used to eat it everyday. Then one day we all three siblings fell really sick. Mother banned kulfi from streets for us since then, and since then I haven't found any good kulfi to eat. Readymade packaged kulfi from big brand ice cream makers tastes burnt and disgusting.

EDIT: My mother knows how to make it, though I have no recollection of ever eating her version, must've been years ago when I was really small. Here is her recipe:

Equal amounts of whipping cream, condensed milk and khoya. Blend them together. Taste test it for sugar - you can add some if you feel its not that sweet. Then add in finely chopped pistachios. Optional is to add cardamom powder and kevda (or rose water). Then freeze in molds.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I already provided the recipe above in the last para of my post. But recipe from the website is also the same thing.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
This one is mango.

mango-kulfi-icecream250.JPG

1+Pista+1+kulfi+011.jpg

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalamu alaykum,

Oh sisters, mashallah! Yummy!!! Is it easy to find in the shops?

Walaikumassalaam,

Though you directed the questn to sisters, I will take the pleasure of answering your questn sis. :D
Yes, it is pretty easy to find them in ice-cream parlors [at least in India], but the enjoyment, the pleasure, the yummmyyy feeling comes only when you buy from a mobile ice-cream/kulfi vendor or from a road-side shop.

The best scene I can imagine is of 11 in the night, beach-side, sitting with your friend/family, with a kulfi/ice-cream, and eating it as if you have never seen a kulfi in your life. :D hehehe

Peace

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

^ MashaAllah brother, I was banned from that mobile vendor or road-side shop kulfi, but it has the best flavour.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Best kulfi I had was from a roadside shop, near the beach.
It was coconut. I didn't like coconut before then :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

What about buying it in England? Where do they sell it?

You guys actually have roadside shops in England? But the roads are so small...=)

I've only seen Ice cream truck around here and they don't sell any of the good stuff.
We have 'trucks' here instead of little stands, I think. Except when there's a carnival.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
You guys actually have roadside shops in England? But the roads are so small...=).

Assalamu Alaykum ukhti,

Sorry... But... What do you mean :/

Okay, I change the question: can I find this ice cream in those lovely halal shops we have in London? Or, let me change again the question: anyone from UK here??? Lol

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Yes sister, but apart from seeing it in some restaurants, I'm usually looking at the savouries so haven't paid attention. I'm sure you can find it in London, in shaa Allah.

ishislam

i am never alone.allah is always with me
Well kulfis of many flavours are available in a shopping market at my locality(india).It tastes heavenly.and if anyone of you buy from a roadside vendor then you are defenitly going to get sick.happens all the time in india.but gradually the govt is trying to make street food healthy.alhamdulillah..but whatever it is its worth to get sick for a mango kulfi.hehe