LAW degree, anyone?

tarrannum

very strange ,nobody answered this question. does it mean that people don't do much law degrees here, or they didn't c this post. anyway, i did law , practised for some time. but mind you it was all in india. good degree, but now i am working in an islamic school

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Walikumasalam my sister
We had a business woman in for Careers lesson.
She said she studied Law for six years and then she quit because she found it boring, and she didn't know why she picked Law in the first place.
What a waste of time, anyway that's her experience. But now she's into business and is sucessful.
When I went to this Law course the layout of the degree seemed very complicated and boring. I gave the idea up of being a laywer for definite.
It is also critised that trainee lawyers are not paid while other things like trainee teachers are.
Anyway that's my experience.
Its really up to you to do a certain degree you have to be determined, and you have to remember in the process of the degree why you chose it in the first place.
But to anser you question, No i don't do Law as a degree, as you already know. :hijabi:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
I guess it depends on which area your degree is based upon, some areas are more boring than others, some keep changing which is interesting, others are just.. old..but that is what makes up the law..

But 6 years.. is an awful lot of time i think.. you surely get bored after a certain time :)

rony

As-salam sister,
I am not a lawyer but my father is and he loves his profession.
My father always say if you do not want to help people unconditionally
do not come to this profession.
Me personally think it is a great profession, if you want to help poor/needy. A lot of people can not afford a lawyer and that's why they do not get justice.

Living Soul

:salam2:

Yes, I have done the law degree and I practised only six months in a civil side. To me law is not boring but quite interesting and helped me to peep into many social problems. It encompasses all the fields of life and we develop the skill of analysing things more critically and ofcourse try to sort out the problems. Am doing masters in law now. inshAllah will be completed very soon..

:wasalam:

q8penpals

Walikumasalam my sister

It is also critised that trainee lawyers are not paid while other things like trainee teachers are.

Salam

In most US states, trainee teachers are not paid; as a matter of fact, it is usually part of your college/university courses, so you are PAYING to student teach (student teaching is when you are paired with an experienced teacher and spend an entire semester working with that teacher, until you are teaching the class yourself - but you PAY tuition to your school, you don't get paid to do it).

It may be different in other countries...I WISH I had gotten paid for my training rather than PAYING for it! LOL!

al-hakim

waa'laikummussalam,
i'm a final year law degree student(llb english law).i love jurisprudence & legal theories subject.