leaf

:salam2:
sorry i am too late for posting

SHORT USEFUL PHRASES ....................... جمل مختصرة ونفيدة

Good Morning .............Sahaab al khair................ صباح الخير

Good Afternoon.............nahaaruka sa'eed................. نهارك سعيد

Good evening ................masa al khair...................... مساء الخير

Good night......................Taabat lailatuk.................... طابت ليلتك

Good bye ........................ma'a salaam / ma'as salamah............. مع سلام / مع السّلامة

See you again..................ilal liqaa................. الى اللقاء

Congratulation ................mabrook...................... مبروك

A pleasant journey ............rehlatum mubaarakah / rehlatun sa'eedah0......... رحلة مبارك / رحلة سعيدة

As quickly as possible...................bi asra' maa umkin................ باسرع ما يمكن

O.K. ...................................jaiyid / taiyyib..................... جيّد - طيّب

It is all right ...................haaza saheeh / hasanun jiddan................... هذا صحيح / حسن جدّا

I am very glad ....................ana masroorun jiddan .................نا مسرور جدّاً

I am very sorry .................ana aasifun jiddan.................... انا آسف جدّاً

Pardon me. ........................'aaf wan / ma'zarah................. غفواً / معذرة

Excuse me. ....................arju safhakum....................... ارجو صفحكم

Please. .......................min fadlik................. من فضلك

Thank you. ...................shukran................ شكراً

phoenix

:salam2: jazakAllah for sharing. I have wanted to learn Arabic since ages. Appreciate your lessons!
It would be great if the lessons are posted on a regular basis.:jazaak:

dianne

Salam,

Malay is very familiar with part of arab languages.like eg - isnin - monday,khamis-thursday,jumaat-friday,ahad-sunday,wajib,etc

Thanks for sharing

wassalam

zakariahilali

short phrases of islamic manners

assalamo 3alaykom wara7mato llah wa barakatoh
I
n the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful

These phrases will help you to understand and respond to what other Muslims are saying.
Even better, each time you say one of these, Allah will reward you for having performed a good deed. Once you get used to this, you'll do it effortlessly, dozens of times a day

waffa9akomo llah god help you

Jazak Allah Khair. "May Allah reward you."
This is the best way of thanking someone.

La hawla wa la quwwata illa Billah. "There is no power or glory except for Allah's."
We say this when we hear bad news or are disappointed.

Ma sha Allah. "This is according to Allah's will."
We say this when we notice something attractive, desirable, or admirable. Saying this protects people against the evil effects of envy.

Mubarak! "May Allah bless you."
We say this to congratulate a person for any good news or happy event. We also say Ramadan Mubarak! and Eid Mubarak!

Sall-Allahu aleyhi wa sallam. "Allah, bless him and grant him peace."
We say this whenever we mention any of Allah's prophets or angels. See the Holy Qur’an, Surat-al-Ahzaab (The Clans), 33: 56.

Subhan Allah. "Glory to Allah." We say this whenever we are surprised by any of Allah's wonderful works. Also often used when we notice a human being's mistake, especially during the prayer.

When someone sneezes, he should say, Al-hamdulillah! "Praise Allah!
Everyone who hears him should say, Yarhamak Allah. "May Allah have mercy on you."
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful

Al-hamdulillah. "Praise Allah."
We say this whenever we think of, speak of, or hear something good, to remind ourselves that everything good comes from Allah.

Al-hamdulillah 'ala kool ahal. "Praise Allah in all circumstances."
We say this when something displeases us.

Allahu Akbar. "Allah is the Greatest!"
We exclaim this whenever we hear exciting news. Also used in meetings, to express approval of what a speaker has said.

A3othoo billahi mena ash-shaytani rrajeem. "I seek Allah's protection from Satan the accursed."
We say this when we are tempted to do something wrong, or when we are angry.

As-sallamu aleykum! "Peace be unto you."
We always say this to greet another Muslim.
The other Muslim answers, Wa aleykum-us-sallam. "And to you be peace." He or she may lengthen the answer to Wa aleykum-us-sallam wa rahmattullahi wa barakatuh. "And to you be peace and Allah's mercy and blessings."
--We say the same things when parting.
--We should say this when entering the house, even if we know there's nobody home.

Astaghfir Allah. "Allah, forgive me."
We say this whenever we become aware of or remember a sin.

Bismillah. "In the name of Allah."
We say this before bathing, praying, eating, drinking, cooking, or beginning any other activity.

Hasbun Allah wa ni'am al-wakil. "Allah suffices me and He is the best guardian."
We say this when we are faced with a problem for which we have no solution.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. "Truly we belong to Allah and truly to Him shall we return."
We say this when we hear that someone has died, or when we are faced with something difficult or unpleasant. See the Holy Qur'an, "Surat-al-Baqarah" (The Cow), 2: 155-157.

Insha'Allah. "If Allah is willing."
We say this to remind ourselves that, although we fully intend to do something, Allah may have another plan. See the Holy Qur'an, "Surat-al-Kahf", (The Cave), 18: 23-24.

Angela Hillyer

Salam Alaikom

Thanks so much this is great!!!
Im going to get my friend to help me pronounce them, Inshallah i will be a pro in no time. lol.

Wasalam

joanne

this is very inlighting. it tells me what on earth my inlaws are saying! thanks. if you have any more please post.

Manaal_e_Afghan

I have one question that in arabic people says that
Kaifa haloka? or kaifa haloki?
it means how are you? but sometimes people says that kaifa hala
what does this mean?

AminaAmina

Masha'allah this is very benificiall Alhamdulillah. May Allah reward u 4 it.

And Manaal_e_afghan Kaifa hala has the same meaning as Kaifa haloka/Haloki people just put it in a short way its slang :)

Manaal_e_Afghan

oh thanks
if next i ask that
My name is Manaal
is it like ismi Manaal
coz i have learned some arabic phrases
I would be thankful to you
JazakAllah khair

Manaal_e_Afghan

thanks alot
i have not learned arabic from any institute
but i love to learn it,but here there is no arabic teaching center