Ooops too many a.

figbread1.jpg

Banana Fig Bread
Yield: Makes 2 Loaves
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Ingredients:
1Stick (4 Ounces) Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 1/3 Cup Unrefined Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
4 Large Eggs
2 1/2 Cups Mashed Ripe Bananas ( About 5 to 6 Medium)
1/2 Cup Low Fat Plain Yogurt
2 Cups All-purpose Flour
2 Cups Farro Flour (or Spelt or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Figs Plus Two For Top

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly grease and flour two 9X5 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and beat well until blended.
Add the bananas and yogurt to the egg mixture and blend well.
In a separate bowl stir together the two flours, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Dump the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet and mix just until combined.
Fold in the walnuts and chopped figs.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
Slice two figs and place on the top of each pan.
Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center.
Cool for 10 minutes then remove the loaves from the pans and continue to cool on a wire rack.

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2013/09/banana-fig-bread/

MehmetHilmi

Selamun Aleykum,

First of all, all the recipes you post on here are very mouthwatering. Im no cook myself but sometimes I try to make food and dessert. Today I made Spanish flan and it was delicious. And i love banana in any type of food. So I thought why not make my next flan banana flavoured? Its just a coincidence that you started this thread about bananas. Hehehe. Do you know any flan recipees that can incorporate the banana flavour into the jelly puddinglike structure of the flan? Thanks so much for the foods. I don't usually like figs but I might give the recipes above a try.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Ok, forgive me the picture... :oops:

Banana Bread, Brie and Chocolate Grilled Cheese

banana-bread-grilled-cheese-I-howsweeteats.com-4.jpg

Yield:
serves 2 appropriately, 1 obnoxiously

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

4 slices banana bread (if it's slightly stale, even better!) (See Note)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened for spreading
6 ounces brie cheese
4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped

Directions:

Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Butter the outsides of the banana bread, and place one slice butter-side down in the skillet. Immediately top the slice with some cheese, a bit of chocolate, and a little more cheese. I like to always have cheese on both sides to act like "glue" - it helps hold the sandwich together when flipping. Cook until both sides are golden and the cheese and chocolate is barely melted, about 4 minutes per side. If the cheese is melting slowly, I like to reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet - just make sure to watch the sandwich because the sides cook more quickly.

Source: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2014/03/banana-bread-brie-and-chocolate-grilled-cheese/

Note: Banana Bread

Ingredients

• 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Source: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Quick Glazed Honey Cinnamon Bananas

Glazed-Honey-Cinnamon-Bananas.jpg

• 1 large or two small/medium bananas
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon of taste-neutral cooking oil, like vegetable oil, or 1/2 tablespoon of butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, or to taste

1. Slice your banana. Try to make fairly thin slices, about 1/8 of an inch thick, but the uniformity of your slices is more important than the exact thickness. You may want to toss (or eat) the two smallest end pieces because they will cook too quickly.

2. Mix the honey and vanilla together in a small bowl or cup.

3. Place your skillet on medium heat and either coat with 1 teaspoon of oil or add 1/2 tablespoon of butter and allow it to heat until it melts, foams, and then the foaming begins to subside. If you can bring yourself to try it, I think cooking these with butter really adds to the flavor profile. If you’re cooking with oil, allow it to heat until it is shimmery.

4. Place the bananas in a single layer on the pre-heated skillet. Allow them to cook for about 2 minutes and turn one over. If it is nice and browned looking, the bananas are ready to flip. If it isn’t quite as tasty-looking as you’d like, allow them to continue cooking for 30-60 seconds before flipping them. I experimented with several different flipping tools and have found that a metal spatula or a simple fork work best.

5. Allow the bananas to cook an additional 1-2 minutes, checking on them periodically. On this side, you’re looking for ‘not quite browned enough’ because the bananas will continue cooking in the sauce for an additional minute or two.

6. When the second side is ‘not quite ready,’ add the honey/vanilla mixture and stir gently to coat all the bananas. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow the liquid to bubble until it has thickened. This should take anywhere from 1-3 minutes. You can leave the sauce as runny as you’d like, or reduce it a great deal. The choice is yours.

This is how the mixture looks right after you add the honey.

This is how it looks after reducing the honey/vanilla mixture for a couple of minutes.

7. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve them plain, on ice cream, as a waffle/pancake topper, or in any number of other delicious ways.

Source: http://www.food.natashalh.com/honey-bananas-a-quick-easy-dessert-recipe/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Easy Fat Free Banana Ice Cream :p

You will need:

5 frozen bananas

Serves 1 - 2

Simply peel the bananas and pop them in your freezer before you go to bed at night. When you wake up, they'll be ready for you.

Are your bananas ripe? They're ripe when they have plenty of brown spots. They should look this:

ripe-banana.jpg

Directions:

1) Take your bananas out of the freezer 30 minutes before you're ready, in order to soften them up a bit.

2) Put them in your high-speed blender or food processor and blend until very smooth. You don't have to add water (if you do, add no more than 1/4 cup!).

Spoon into a bowl or mug and enjoy!

easy-to-make-dessert-recipes.jpg

Source: http://www.my-healthy-eating-secrets.com/easy-to-make-dessert-recipes.html

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Peanut Butter Banana Balls

• 1 1/2 cups muesli
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 large bananas (1/2 cup mashed)
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup applesauce (you may need slightly more or less depending on size of bananas)

Measure cereal and rolled oats into a large bowl. In another bowl, mash banana. Add peanut butter and applesauce and mix until incorporated. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Place mixture in a container and chill in fridge for at least an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls. Store in fridge until serving time. Recipe makes about 25 small balls.

Note: You can also add pieces of dried fruits.

Source: http://thesmartcookieblog.com/peanut-butter-banana-balls/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Banana Cookies :banana:

pic9OUW78.jpg

1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour
1 banana
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:

1 Pre heat oven to 350 F/175 C.

2 Cream together margrine and brown sugar.

3 Add egg and beat. Then add baking powder and flour.

4 Mash banana and add chocolate chips if using.

5 Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes ot until browned.

Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/banana-cookies-141935

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Soft Banana Cupcakes

Banana+soft+cake+2.jpg

90g Canola or sunflower oil
70g Castor sugar
1 Large egg, lightly beaten
125g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
4 medium-sized bananas, mashed with a fork (about 160g)
25g Evaporated milk or regular milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Method:
  • Beat egg and sugar till light and creamy.
  • Add milk, mashed bananas, oil and vanilla extract, and combine.
  • In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda, and give a quick whisk.
  • Pour flour into the wet ingredients until no traces of flour remain. Do not over-mix. Stop the moment everything is incorporated.
  • Pour into a lined 6-inch round tray (I used 8 cupcake cases)
  • Bake at 175C for about 20-25 mins, or until cooked.

Source: http://www.anncoojournal.com/2011/02/soft-banana-cupcakes.html

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Banana Date Popsicles with Cinnamon & Vanilla

BananaDatePopsicles4.jpg

Makes 5 popsicles

Ingredients:
10 pitted dates
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1 large ripe banana, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup milk – I used coconut milk but almond milk or dairy milk would also work
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions:

Soak dates in hot water for about 5 minutes to soften them, then remove from water and chop them into very small pieces. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 5 popsicle molds and freeze.

Note: I had just barely enough mix to fill 5 standard popsicle molds so you may want to add a touch more yogurt and milk to the mixture to make sure there is enough, depending on the size of your popsicle molds.

Source: http://www.onceuponacuttingboard.com/2012/06/banana-date-popsicles.html

Extra note: This might be refreshing for iftar. ;)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream

images

4 bananas, just slightly overripe (brown spots good, completely black not so good)
2 tbsps creamy peanut butter (optional – thus 2 ingredient ice cream)
2 tsps cocoa powder (Dutch process), (optional – thus 2 or 3 ingredient ice cream depending on peanut butter)

DO NOT FREEZE THE WHOLE BANANA, you’ll have a heck of a time blending that beast.

Peel the bananas and slice them up into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick disks. Place the banana slices in the freezer for about an hour or until they are frozen solid. Put the frozen slices in a food processor and pulse. First they will start to resemble gravel, but keep going. The bananas will soon turn into a frozen mush – at this point, start scraping the sides down (you will do this a lot). Or you could add a dash of milk since the liquid will help the blending. After a few minutes of stopping to scrape the sides down, the banana begins to blend into a creamy texture. When the bananas look like whipped ice cream, you can add your mix-ins like peanut butter and/or cocoa powder, chocolate chips, toffee, raspberries, anything goes! Straight out of the food processor, the ice cream is like soft serve. You can also freeze it for a firmer texture. I find it’s pretty hard (and therefore, brittle) when I scoop it immediately after removing it from the freezer. Just give it a minute or two to soften up. Makes a pint.

frozen banana gravel

single-ingredient-ice-cream7.jpg

whipped goodness (really, it’s good for you!)

single-ingredient-ice-cream8.jpg

a dollop of peanut butter

single-ingredient-ice-cream9.jpg

some dutch-process cocoa

single-ingredient-ice-cream10.jpg

eat it soft or freeze it for scooping

single-ingredient-ice-cream11.jpg

Source: http://userealbutter.com/2010/08/12/single-ingredient-ice-cream-recipe/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Chocolate Banana Bombes

banana-bombes11.jpg

1 pound semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or chips (tempered)
1 batch Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
1/2 cup toasted peanuts, chopped

Brush tempered chocolate on the insides of twelve 2 3/4-inch silicone hemisphere molds. When the first layer has cooled and hardened, brush another layer. Repeat until there are three or four layers of chocolate. Let cool and set aside. [This is when you would make the banana ice cream.] Fill a pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/2-inch piping tip with the banana ice cream. Pipe each mold full of ice cream to the edge (don’t go over, it will look funky when you serve it). Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the ice cream and gently press the peanuts down into the banana without drowning them. Place in freezer until the ice cream is completely frozen through. Carefully release the bombes from their molds when ice cream is frozen solid. To serve, let thaw for 5-10 minutes or until ice cream yields under moderate pressure.

Makes 12 bombes.

Source with more images and advices: http://userealbutter.com/2011/01/27/chocolate-banana-bombes-recipe/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Banana Chips

homemade-banana-chips.jpg

These banana chips are sweet, crunchy, and highly addictive. If you have extra bananas you double the recipe by using a second baking sheet.

Prep: 5 min
Cook: 4 hours

cooking spray
Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil. Preheat oven to 200 F/95 C.

4 bananas, yellow but still slightly firm
Slice bananas into thin chips. Place in a small bowl.

2 tablespoons lemon juice
Pour lemon juice over banana slices and toss with hands to evenly coat.

Spread banana slices on prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 200F/95 C for 1 ½ hours. Remove from oven and flip chips over.

Return to oven and bake until crisp, about an additional 1 ½ to 2 hours. Store in an airtight container.

Source: http://www.makebetterfood.com/recipes/homemade-banana-chips/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Chocolate Banana Bread

chocolate-banana-bread.jpg

1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C. Butter a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.

½ cup butter, at room temperature
In a large bowl, beat butter using an electric hand mixer until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes.

¾ cup sugar
½ cup (packed) light brown sugar

Add sugar and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.

2 large eggs
Add eggs and beat again until well combined.

2 ripe bananas, mashed
Add bananas to bowl and mix on low until combined.

8.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp baking soda

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
Add dry ingredients in thirds to the banana-butter mixture. Mix after each addition until well combined.

¾ cup milk
With mixer on low, slowly add milk and mix until incorporated.

½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Add chocolate chips and stir with a spatula to combine.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 F/175 C until the interior of the bread reaches 195 F/90 C on an instant read thermometer or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes.
Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool complete, about 3 hours. Cut into a dozen slices and serve.
Carbohydrate Info: Total weight = 1191g. Total carbs = (549g). Serving weight = 100g. Carbs per serving = (46g).

Source: http://www.makebetterfood.com/recipes/chocolate-banana-bread/

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Banana peanut butter & dark chocolate bites

4987e4d89419ac2fd82518bbb46bfc90.jpg

Slice the banana and add peanut butter in the middle of two slices. Cover in melted dark chocolate and put for freezer for 1 to 2 hours.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Caramelized Honey Bananas

9bc012637b929e7c805e1677bdba69fa.jpg

1 slightly under-ripened banana, sliced
1 T honey
Cinnamon
Olive oil

Drizzle oil in skillet over medium heat. Put banana slices in pan. Cook 1-2 min on each side. Meanwhile whisk together honey and 1 T water. Remove pan from heat, pour honey mix over bananas. Allow to cool sprinkle with cinnamon.

Serve with ice cream or vanilla sauce.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Coconut Banana Butter

sweet-potato-coconut-butter.jpg

1/2 a very-ripe large banana (80g to 100g)
4 T melted coconut butter or homemade coconut butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/16th tsp salt
optional: a few drops pure vanilla extract

You can add sweetener, but it’s plenty sweet on its own if you use a very-ripe banana.

To make the butter, just blend all ingredients together. (It’s even better if you microwave the banana for like 10-15 seconds before adding other ingredients.) Be sure not to use a cold or frozen banana, unless you completely thaw it first, because it will solidify the coconut butter and make it taste grainy.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/01/18/coconut-banana-butter/

Homemade Coconut Butter

homemade-coconut-butter_thumb.jpg

Ingredients

Shredded, unsweetened coconut (full-fat)
Oh wait, there aren't any other ingredients!

Instructions

Take a bag of shredded coconut and simply blended in a food processor for 10 minutes. That's all there is to it!

Side note: Depending on where you live--and the temperature/altitude--you might have trouble with this recipe. Coconut butter is very tempermental and reacts oddly in different climates. I wish this would work for everyone, but a few people have left comments saying they've encountered trouble. If it refuses to turn to butter for you, it might be worth a shot to add some coconut oil to the blender... sometimes that fixes things right up!

Banana Peanut Butter

banana-peanut-butter.jpg

1 medium banana
2 to 4 tablespoons peanut butter, depending on how you like it (or almond, cashew, walnut butter, etc.)
optional: a little cinnamon

Procedure: Whir the two ingredients in your food processor or blender until smooth. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge. (If possible, it’s best to let the mixture sit for a few hours before enjoying, as the taste becomes more robust with time.)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/08/27/the-mother-of-all-peanut-butter-spreads/

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmetullah wa brakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear sister for sharing always with us so many wonderfull recepies, MashAllah. : )

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmetullah we barakatuhu

zaman-gm

Yesss...Thanks to sister herb for her offering "delicious" "delicious" recipes for us:holaaaaaa:
But i just wonder and waiting when some one will prepared those only for me. I'm not good in kitchen :p