Let's collect Hadiths!

:salam2:

Malik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He, who brought up two girls properly till they grew up, he and I would come (together) (very closely) on the Day of Resurrection, and he interlaced his fingers (for explaining the point of nearness between him and that person). (muslim)

I never saw anyone who was more compassionate towards children than Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him). His son Ibrahim was in the care of a wet nurse in the hills around Madinah. He would go there, and we would go with him, and he would enter the house, pick up his son and kiss him, then come back. (Muslim)

Allah’s Messenger used to put me on (one of) his thighs and put Al-Hasan ibn `Ali on his other thigh, and then embrace us and say, “O Allah! Please be merciful to them, as I am merciful to them.” (Bukhari)

Allah’s Messenger kissed Al-Hasan ibn `Ali while Al-Aqra` ibn Habis At-Tamim was sitting with him . Al-Aqra` said, “I have ten children and have never kissed one of them.” The Prophet cast a look at him and said, “Whoever is not merciful to others will not be treated mercifully.” (Al-Bukhari)

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Jazak Allah khair, brother Saifu deen, I was searching for the Hadith about "al-Ihsan", but I didn't find it. Thanks for posting it.

Now back to the interesting new topic about " children in Islam", I have found a Hadith for parents who lost their children and how this can be a great mercy for them.

(15) Narrated Abu Sa'id: The women requested the Prophet, "Please fix a day for us." So the Prophet preached to them and said, "A woman whose three children died would be screened from the Hell Fire by them," Hearing that, a woman asked, "If two died?" The Prophet replied, "Even two (would screen her from the (Hell) Fire. " And Abu Huraira added, "Those children should be below the age of puberty. " (Book #23, Hadith #341)

(41) Narrated Jabir: The Prophet said, "When nightfalls, then keep your children close to you, for the devil spread out then. An hour later you can let them free; and close the gates of your house (at night), and mention Allah's Name thereupon, and cover your utensils, and mention Allah's Name thereupon, (and if you don't have something to cover your utensil) you may put across it something (e.g. a piece of wood etc.)." (Book #54, Hadith #500)

(95) Narrated Um Salama: I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall I get a reward (in the Hereafter) if I spend on the children of Abu Salama and do not leave them like this and like this (i.e., poor) but treat them like my children?" The Prophet said, "Yes, you will be rewarded for that which you will spend on them." (Book #64, Hadith #282)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

THE BEST AND THE WORST OF YOUR RULERS

It has been narrated on the authority of 'Auf b. Malik that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: The best of your rulers are those whom you love and who love you, who invoke God's blessings upon you and you invoke His blessings upon them. And the worst of your rulers are those whom you hate and who hate you and whom you curse and who curse you. It was asked (by those present): Shouldn't we overthrow them with the help of the sword? He said: No, as long as they establish prayer among you. If you then find anything detestable in them. You should hate their administration, but do not withdraw yourselves from their obedience.
[Sahih Muslim No. 4573-(The Book on Government)]

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

This is really a very strong topic, brother Mabsoot. Jazak Allah khair for participating here. :)

(22) Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The 'Prophet said, "It is obligatory for one to listen to and obey (the ruler's orders) unless these orders involve one disobedience (to Allah); but if an act of disobedience (to Allah) is imposed, he should not listen to or obey it." (Sahih Bukhari, Book #52, Hadith #203)

(26) Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "The Hour will not be established till you fight a nation wearing hairy shoes, and till you fight the Turks, who will have small eyes, red faces and flat noses; and their faces will be like flat shields. And you will find that the best people are those who hate responsibility of ruling most of all till they are chosen to be the rulers. And the people are of different natures: The best in the pre-lslamic period are the best in Islam. A time will come when any of you will love to see me rather than to have his family and property doubled." (Book #56, Hadith #787)

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom,

Next topic is buying and selling

(1) Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet forbade two kinds of sales i.e. Al-Limais and An-Nibadh (the former is a kind of sale in which the deal is completed if the buyer touches a thing, without seeing or checking it properly and the latter is a kind of a sale in which the deal is completed when the seller throws a thing towards the buyer giving him no opportunity to see, touch or check it) and (the Prophet forbade) also Ishtimal-As-Samma' and Al-Ihtiba' in a single garment. (Book #8, Hadith #364)

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 3, Book 41, Number 571:

Narrated Al-Amash:
When we were with Ibrahim, we talked about mortgaging in deals of Salam. Ibrahim narrated from Aswad that 'Aisha had said, "The Prophet bought some foodstuff on credit from a Jew and mortgaged an iron armor to him."
-----------------------------------------
Volume 3, Book 45, Number 692:

Narrated Abu Wail:
Abdullah (bin Mas'ud) said, "Whoever took a false oath in order to grab somebody's property will meet Allah while Allah will be angry with him." Allah revealed the following verse to confirm that:--"Verily! Those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allah's covenant And their oaths...a painful torment." (3.77)

Al-Ash'ath bin Qais came to us and asked as to what Abu Abdur-Rehman (i.e. Ibn Mas'ud) was telling you." We related the story to him. On that he said, "He has told the truth. This verse was revealed about me. I had some dispute with another man regarding a well and we took the case before Allah's Apostle. Allah's Apostle said (to me), "Produce two witnesses (to support your claim); otherwise the defendant has the right to take an oath (to refute your claim).' I said, 'The defendant would not mind to take a false oath." Allah's Apostle then said, 'Whoever took a false oath in order to grab someone else's property will meet Allah, Allah will be angry with him.' Allah then revealed what Confirmed it." Al-Ash'ath then recited the following Verse:--"Verily! Those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allah's covenant, And their oaths . . . (to) . . . they shall have a painful torment!' (3.77) (See Hadith No. 546)
-------------------------------------------

Next topic is: Medicine

Wassalamu Alykom...

muslim56

Human Being
Sahih Bukhari.582

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its treatment."

Sahih Bukhari.583

Narrated Rubai bint Mu'adh bin Afra: We used to go for Military expeditions along with Allah's Apostle and provide the people with water, serve them and bring the dead and the wounded back to Medina.

Sahih Bukhari.584

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: (The Prophet said), "Healing is in three things: A gulp of honey, cupping, and branding with fire (cauterizing)." But I forbid my followers to use (cauterization) branding with fire."

Next Fasting

muslim56

Human Being
145:

Narrated 'Abdullah:
The Prophet fasted for days continuously; the people also did the same but it was difficult for them. So, the Prophet forbade them (to fast continuously for more than one day). They slid, "But you fast without break (no food was taken in the evening or in the morning)." The Prophet replied, "I am not like you, for I am provided with food and drink (by Allah)."

Anaas related that the prophet:saw:: said

Sahur is a blessing

islam4lyf

Happy 2 b a muslim!!
Volume 3, Book 34, Number 286:
Narrated Al-Miqdam:

The Prophet said, "Nobody has ever eaten a better meal than that which one has earned by working with one's own hands. The Prophet of Allah, David used to eat from the earnings of his manual labor."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 3, Book 34, Number 287:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Prophet David used not to eat except from the earnings of his manual labor."

farhopes

No God but Allah
Remembrance of Allah

Next topic is Remembrance of Allah

Abu Musa reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: The house in which remembrance of Allah is made and the house in which Allah is not remembered are like the living and the dead. (Sahih Muslim, Book #004, Hadith #1706)

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, stated: I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by a cubit, and if he draws near Me by a cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two arms. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.(Sahih Muslim, Hadith #4832)

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Mashallah a great topic dear sister Farhopes,I was going to start that. :)

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace be upon him), who said:

Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, filling that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven.

He (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) said:

Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come?
And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhanallah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You.

He says: And what do they ask of Me?
They say: They ask of You Your Paradise.
He says: And have they seen My Paradise?
They say: No, O Lord.
He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise!
They say: And they ask protection of You.
He says: From what do they ask protection of Me?
They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord.
He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire?
They say: NO.
He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire:

They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness.
He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection.
He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them.
He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom,

Jazakom Allah kul khair brothers and sisters who participate in this thread and keep it going on. May Allah reward you the best reward for that.:ma:

Think of a new topic, I wanna cover everything in life in shaa Allah.

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
:salam:

Hadith on "Supporting the Family"

Volume 7, Book 64, Number 263:

Narrated Abu Mas'ud Al-Ansari:

The Prophet said, "When a Muslim spends something on his family intending to receive Allah's reward it is regarded as Sadaqa for him."

:wasalam

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Dear brothers and sisters, jazakom Allah khair for vitalizing this thread again.

Next topic is Jihad

(1) Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad). The questioner then asked, "What is the next (in goodness)? He replied, "To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's Cause." The questioner again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To perform Hajj (Pilgrim age to Mecca) 'Mubrur, (which is accepted by Allah and is performed with the intention of seeking Allah's pleasure only and not to show off and without committing a sin and in accordance with the traditions of the Prophet)." (Book #2, Hadith #25) Sahih Bukhari

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 65:

Narrated Abu Musa:
A man came to the Prophet and asked, "A man fights for war booty; another fights for fame and a third fights for showing off; which of them fights in Allah's Cause?" The Prophet said, "He who fights that Allah's Word (i.e. Islam) should be superior, fights in Allah's Cause."

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
This thread is really beautiful tabarakAllah.

On the authority of Masruq, who said:

We asked Abdullah (Ibn Masud) about this verse: And do not regard those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead, rather are they alive with their Lord, being provided for (Quran Chapter 3 Verse 169). He said: We asked about that and the Prophet :saw: said:

"Their souls are in the insides of green birds having lanterns suspended from the Throne, roaming freely in Paradise where they please, then taking shelter in those lanterns. So their Lord cast a glance at them (1) and said:

"Do you wish for anything?"

They said: "What shall we wish for when we roam freely in Paradise where we please?"

And thus He asks them three times. Then they say, (so that they would be spared from being asked again):

"O Allah, we would like for You to put back our souls into our bodies so that we might do Jihad for Your sake once again"

And when He saw that they were not in need of anything they were let be.

(1) i.e. at those who had been killed in Jihad feesabilillah

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Next topic is "faith"

(10) Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will taste the sweetness of faith: 1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle become dearer than anything else. 2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake. 3. Who hates to revert to disbelief (Atheism) after Allah has brought (saved) him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in fire." (Book #2, Hadith #20)