Let's post nice moral stories

rickyraws

Salam Wa Laykum. I don't know why, but I love short stories that you can
learn things from, and that have nice morals in them. Well, I thought this
cold be a fun way of sharing advice to others, and maybe learning a new thing
in the process.
Well, here goes: (P.S., this particular story is one I've read, I did not think
of it myself)

Many years ago in a small Indian village, a farmer had the misfortune of owing a large sum of money to a village moneylender.

The Moneylender, who was old and cunning, fancied the farmer's beautiful daughter. So he proposed a bargain. He said he would forgo the farmer's debt if he could marry his daughter. Both the farmer and his daughter were horrified by the proposal.

So the cunning moneylender suggested that they let providence decide the matter.

He told them that he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty money bag. Then the girl would have to pick one pebble from the bag.

1) If she picked the black pebble, she would become his wife and her father's debt would be forgiven.

2) If she picked the white pebble she need not marry him and her father's debt would still be forgiven.

3) But if she refused to pick a pebble, her father would be thrown into Jail.

They were standing on a pebble strewn path in the farmer's field. As they talked, the moneylender bent over to pick up two pebbles. As he picked them up, the sharp-eyed girl noticed that he had picked up two black pebbles and put them into the money bag.

The Moneylender, then asked the girl to pick a pebble from the money bag.

Now, imagine that you were standing in the field. What would you have done if you were the girl? If you had to advise her, what would you have told her?

Careful analysis would produce three possibilities:

1. The girl should refuse to take a pebble.

2. The girl should show that there were two black pebbles in the money bag and expose the moneylender as a cheat.

3. The girl should pick a black pebble and sacrifice herself in order to save her father from his debt and imprisonment.

Take a moment to ponder over the story. The above story is used with the hope that it will make us appreciate the difference between lateral and logical thinking.

The girl's dilemma cannot be solved with traditional logical thinking. Think of the consequences if she chooses. What would you recommend to the girl to do?

Well, here is what she did ...

The girl put her hand into the money bag and drew out a pebble. Without Looking at it, she fumbled and let it fall onto the pebble strewn path, where it immediately became lost among all the other pebbles.

"Oh, how clumsy of me," she said. "But never mind, if you look into the money bag for the one that is left, you will be able to tell which pebble I picked."

Since the remaining pebble is black, it must be assumed that she had picked the white one. And since the moneylender dared not admit his dishonesty, the girl changed what seemed an impossible situation into an extremely advantageous one.

Moral of the Story: Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't Attempt to think.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
thank you,

very nice story
the girl is very wise
i hope Allah will make me a wise human
to make true choices in life

inshaallah i will post short stories too...

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
mashallah. this one frm me:

A couple, whom we shall call Ali and Maryam, had a nice home and two lovely children, a boy and a girl. Ali had a good job and had just been asked to go on a business trip to another city and would be gone for several days. It was decided that Maryam needed an outing and would go along too. They hired a reliable woman to care for the children and made the trip, returning home a little earlier than they had planned.

As they drove into their home town feeling glad to be back, they noticed smoke, and they went off their usual route to see what it was. They found a home in flames. Maryam said, "Oh well it isn't our fire, let's go home."

But Ali drove closer and exclaimed, "That home belongs to Jafar who works at the plant. He wouldn't be off work yet, maybe there is something we could do." "It has nothing to do with us." Protested Maryam. "You have your good clothes on lets not get any closer."

But Ali drove up and stopped and they were both horror stricken to see the whole house in flames. A woman on the lawn was in hysterics screaming, "The children! Get the children!" Ali grabbed her by the shoulder saying, "Get a hold of yourself and tell us where the children are!" "In the basement," sobbed the woman, "down the hall and to the left."

In spite of Maryam's protests Ali grabbed the water hose and soaked his clothes, put his wet handkerchief on his head and bolted for the basement which was full of smoke and scorching hot. He found the door and grabbed two children, holding one under each arm like the football player he was. As he left he could hear some more whimpering. He delivered the two badly frightened and nearly suffocated children into waiting arms and filled his lungs with fresh air and started back asking how many more children were down there. They told him two more and Mary grabbed his arm and screamed, "Ali! Don't go back! It's suicide! That house will cave in any second!"

But he shook her off and went back by feeling his way down the smoke filled hallway and into the room. It seemed an eternity before he found both children and started back. They were all three coughing and he stooped low to get what available air he could. As he stumbled up the endless steps the thought went through his mind that there was something strangely familiar about the little bodies clinging to him, and at last when they came out into the sunlight and fresh air, he found that he had just rescued his own children.

The baby-sitter had left them at this home while she did some shopping.

zainali

assalamualikum everybody ,
i would like share a story which might help us realize that when Satan tries to get us into his trap , we sometimes dont realize and get into his trap , this story which im going to tell u is like that ,
Ina village there a house where 3 brothers and a sister use to live , they were very religious and they followed all obligatory acts that islam dectates us to do , all were pious and nice people , all threebrothers use to work and save money in order to to be able to offer haj and after few years past they collected enough money to offer haj , but they had one problem which was that all three brothers had to offer haj so they thought what we do about our sister , they thought for a long time and came to a conclusion that we should ask our neighbor to take care of her sister , the man whom they wanted to take care of there sister was really a ncie , allahs fearing person , so they he is really ncie person its pefect to ask , so tghey went and asked him , at first he refused as he was allah fearing person , he knew that satan would do some mischief, but they requested him to take care of her sister as they were going for hajj so at last he agreed to do that , so they went for hajj , the man asked the girl if u need anything just tell me from behind the door , she said ok , first few days where normal as they thought , but after few days the girl said ur a nice person so i think we can talk without being behind the door , he said ok , so they started talking without without a viel , time passed on and they started eating together and one day the commited a sin , after which they got frightened and decided they'll live the way they were b4 , in the process the girl got pregnant and she told this to the man and he got really frightened and thought what if this thing comes in the eyes of her brother and also people living around him , im so pious and allah fearing person what will they do when they know what i did ? , now satan started doing his act of taking the man into the wrong path , the man thought i have to do something about this girl , so one day he came into her house and killed her and the child and then dug up a big hole and buried them , after few days the girl's brothers came and they dint found there sister so they went to the man and asked where is there sister and he told them that , she went to her relative who came and took her , at first they were astonished as who that would be ,then they thought some relative might have come so they came inside and sat down to relax as they were so tired , as they were doing that , one of the brothers found something unusual , and he wen t close and they found it strange and started to dug out , and as they started to do that they found there sisters body and they where shocked and angry and they straight away went to teh mans house and killed him .

so the moral of the story is we dont know when the satan can attack , he can make u commit sin by making u go in the rite direction , all the time u would be think no im doing the rite its fine and u end up doing a big sin , may allah protect us from doing such things , and protect us from falling into the trap of satan .

safiya58

:salam2:

mashaallah nice thread. all of the storries was nice. the last was a lil scary... here is my storry:

once there was a beduin riding on his camel in the desert... Suddenly he saw a men who was laying on the ground exhausted. the heat of the dessert was unbearable. and the man was lucky bec someone noticed him. the beduin immediately jump down from his camel and took a water bottle in his hand in order to give it to the man who was near to die of thirst... he also provided him with dates and nourishment... it didn´t take a long time and the man come to power again... and in that moment he quickly stand up, run to the camel which was equipped with all the nourishment of the beduin and wanted to ride away with it... the beduin shouted to him: " don´t tell that (that he stole the camel of someone who helped him and let him alone) to anyone in the dessert" the man couldn´t understand the plea of him and asked astonished: "Why?" the beduin replied: If you tell that I´m scared the ppl will not be keen to help others anymore...

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
^ true sister safiya. like many ppl have have stopped giving lift in their cars to the needy ppl due to few bad apples.

another story:
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and he handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:

For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00

For going to the store for you: $.50
Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25

Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00

For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75

Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:

For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me: No Charge.
For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you: No Charge.

For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years: No Charge.
For all the nights filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead: No Charge.

For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose: No Charge.
When you add it up, the cost of my love is: No Charge.

When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight up at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you."

And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: "PAID IN FULL".

rickyraws

^ true sister safiya. like many ppl have have stopped giving lift in their cars to the needy ppl due to few bad apples.

another story:
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and he handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:

For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00

For going to the store for you: $.50
Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25

Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00

For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75

Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:

For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me: No Charge.
For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you: No Charge.

For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years: No Charge.
For all the nights filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead: No Charge.

For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose: No Charge.
When you add it up, the cost of my love is: No Charge.

When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight up at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you."

And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: "PAID IN FULL".

Jazak Allah khair