Letter to my Hero

Muslim@h

Glad Tidings for Garabaa....
Letter to my hero *** Jazakallah***

Heroes have the ability to ward off evil, fight monsters, and save lives. Heroes are people, those who have gone through a great amount of trials themselves, and have gained their own strengths through those struggles. These are what I like to call super powers. The ability to take those moments that cut deep, to overcome them, and to turn them into power, to help rescue those who are covered in a pile of debris.

These people are rare. They look at you and see beyond all of the horrible things you see on the surface. They help you learn to breathe again, they help you find your voice again. They can bare witness to horrible things and feel the same pain you feel inside. They see a person beneath the mask. No matter how hard you try to keep the mask glued, they see through the mask. They take a terrorized hand, desperate to cling to and help pull them through the fire. This fire burns, but these heroes shield you, enough to help you through without too many wounds from walking through.

With the risk of sounding cliche; I can say that I am currently walking through a fire, but I am walking with my hero. There is no amount of words to compensate for the given and dedicated time, endless meltdowns, and text spam.

When someone believes in you, more than you can possibly believe in yourself, or this person sees a person in you, no judgement, or this person sees something in you that you can’t see. loves you when you cannot love yourself…. this is when a life is saved. Having someone, by the chance of a simple appointment, walk into your life when you least expected it, completely changes everything, forever.

My hero is someone that has more patience, more compassion than I have ever known in my life. Gratitude is not a word that doesn’t weigh out. Like a child, my hero protects me, but also guides the growth into who I, hopefully, will one day be.

It is as if this person found the “me” I have lost years ago, found her wandering afraid down the road, pulling her out of the rain, hurt and cold, and is slowly, but progressively, reintroducing her to me, today, to help me get to life on the other side.