Light in the Grave

Mohammad Rafoqie

grave.jpg

Light in the Grave

By Muhammad Rafique Etesame

According to the teachings of Islam, when a dead put in the grave, two Angels ‘Munkar and Nakeer’ come there and ask three questions from him as:-

(1) Who is your Lord (Rab)?

(2) What is your religion?

(3) Who is your Prophet (PBUH)?

Then who is the Muslim and passed an Islamic life, he suddenly answered that,” Allah is my Lord and Islam is my relgion and Muhammad (May peace and mercy of Allah be upon him) is my Prophet”. Then the Angels after being satisfied by his answers, open a window from Paradise and say to him that he should have a sound sleep and there is no grief over him at all.

On the other hand, when a none-Muslim is put in the grave and being asked three questions, he replies, “I don’t know who my Lord is and what my religion is and who is My Prophet (PBUH)”?

Then the Angels open a window from Hell and he feels the heat of it. The holy Prophet (PBUH) said,” don’t see the grave only a piles of clay, it is either a ditch from Hell or is a garden from Paradise.”

Religious scholars say that the faithful believer who offer prayers five times daily and recites the holy Qur’an, so these good actions spread light in the grave. They also tells about the salient features of some Qur;anic surahs like surah Al-Yaseen, Ar-Rahman, surah Almulk and sruah Al-Waqiyah specially for spreading light and state of peace and tranquility in the grave.

Abu Juwairiya

The martyr is the exception to the rule from the above hadith. He/she will be in the bodies of green birds and allowed to roam freely in Paradise for certain periods at a time before the Day of Resurrection.