Lightning

Raed

Muslim Student
Al slam alikum ...

Im addicted to lightning pictures, here is one of my fav i like to share it with u, Is in it amazing... Subhanallah

Allah Subhanho wa taála said in surat Ar-Raád (The Thunder):

هُوَ الَّذِى يُرِيكُمُ الْبَرْقَ خَوْفًا وَطَمَعًا وَيُنْشِىءُ السَّحَابَ الثِّقَالَ - وَيُسَبِّحُ الرَّعْدُ بِحَمْدِهِ وَالْمَلْـئِكَةُ مِنْ خِيفَتِهِ وَيُرْسِلُ الصَّوَعِقَ فَيُصِيبُ بِهَا مَن يَشَآءُ وَهُمْ يُجَـدِلُونَ فِى اللَّهِ وَهُوَ شَدِيدُ الْمِحَالِ

{It is He Who shows you the lightning, as a fear and as a hope. And it is He Who brings up the clouds, heavy (with water) . And Ar-Ra'd (thunder) glorifies and praises Him, and so do the angels because of His awe. He sends the thunderbolts, and therewith He strikes whom He wills, yet they (disbelievers) dispute about Allah. And He is Mighty in strength and Severe in punishment.}
[Surat Ar-Raád, Ayah 12 & 13]

lightning-2a7z.jpg

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
wa alaykum salaam brother,

Jazakallaahu khayr for sharing,

Al slam alikum ...

Im addicted to lightning pictures, here is one of my fav i like to share it with u, Is in it amazing... Subhanallah
Did you know?!

capstrikes.GIF

The flash of a lightning strike and resulting thunder occur at roughly the same time. But light travels at 186,000 miles in a second, almost a million times the speed of sound. Sound travels at the slower speed of one-fifth of a mile in the same time. So the flash of lightning is seen before thunder is heard. By counting the seconds between the flash and the thunder and dividing by 5, you can estimate your distance from the strike (in miles).

A typical bolt of lightning can immediately heat the air to between 15,000 to 60,000 degrees Fahrenheit. That's hotter than the surface of the sun!

Subhanallaah!

wasalaam.

Raed

Muslim Student
wa alaykum salaam brother,

Jazakallaahu khayr for sharing,

Did you know?!

capstrikes.GIF

The flash of a lightning strike and resulting thunder occur at roughly the same time. But light travels at 186,000 miles in a second, almost a million times the speed of sound. Sound travels at the slower speed of one-fifth of a mile in the same time. So the flash of lightning is seen before thunder is heard. By counting the seconds between the flash and the thunder and dividing by 5, you can estimate your distance from the strike (in miles).

A typical bolt of lightning can immediately heat the air to between 15,000 to 60,000 degrees Fahrenheit. That's hotter than the surface of the sun!

Subhanallaah!

wasalaam.

Mashaállah brother , Jazak allah khyran for the valuable information, I never knew that before... Subhanallah

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Assalaam Alaaikum

This lightning is so beautifull and the terrifiying sound that it produces is so loud when you hear. then how can people say there is no diety behind this beautifull thing.

JazzakAllahkhair.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Subhan Allaah! I like lightnings and tornados too..I mean only in pictures ofcourse. I like this one, is that the white house? I find it funny. Too bad it's not.

lightning.jpg

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Yea, lighting is pretty :ma: and I like it, but once I was at a barbeque and all of a sudden the sky got dark and there was a lightening storm, and we were in the middle of a soccer field. It was very surreal and creepy, not to mention the fact that it was scary too.

Here's my only pic on the comp: :)

storm.jpg

Very pretty yes, but I wouldn't want to be on that recieving end!

abdul Qadir

remember death
subhanaAllah

:salam2:

indeed everything works by the command of Allah .... i remember when i was young in mombasa, kenya one day lightening hit a wall of a house and left some arabic writings subahanaAlllah and this news was everywhere in the world did anyone of u see .... i witnessed it with ma own eyes :allahuakbar:

dan999

Waalaikumus salam
Allahu akbar! Nice photo!
Brother Raed, can I use your photo to make a video insya-Allah???
Salam

dan999

Allahu akbar!!! Thanks for the info! BTW, what was written??(the Arabic writing) *VERY eager to know*

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

JazakAllah khayr for sharing these beautiful pics...

I myself love waterfalls and the rainbow....few pics to share :)

Attachments

• waterfall 2.jpg
    waterfall 2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 3
  • niagra falls 1.jpg
    niagra falls 1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 4
  • waterfall 1.jpg
    waterfall 1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 2
  • rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg