Looking for a Mosque in NYC

carlosnyc

Assalamu Alaykum,

I have decided to convert to Islam. I spent the last three years seriously exploring and thinking about Islam and the value it would bring into my life. Talking about it with my friends is difficult. Most of them object and have tried to dissuade me. I've visited several Muslim countries and each time I heard the call to prayer has strengthen my resolve to convert. I am looking for a mosque that I could call "home" in Manhattan or Queens. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

I have decided to convert to Islam. I spent the last three years seriously exploring and thinking about Islam and the value it would bring into my life. Talking about it with my friends is difficult. Most of them object and have tried to dissuade me. I've visited several Muslim countries and each time I heard the call to prayer has strengthen my resolve to convert. I am looking for a mosque that I could call "home" in Manhattan or Queens. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Walykom salaam Brother,

Mashallah may Allah give you more guidance inshallah
you can go to www.islamicfinder.org and put your zip code and it will show you the closest masjied ( mosque ) to you.

Remember when you become a Muslim Allah forgive all your past sins and you will be like new born baby with clean sheet no sins and Allah accept the Dua'a of people who have no sins so pray for us all..

wa salaam alikom

Dawoodi

Assalamu Alaykum,

ass salamu alikum warrahmatulahi wabarakatuhu1

Bismilahi Arrahmani Rahim.

My Dear sister, alhamdulillah u have desided to embrace Islam, so i'll recomend u not to wait until u find a Masjid but to declarete u shahada at once so u will start getting all the benefits from it insha'allah.
so u can do u testimony here and we all can be u witnesses and this will not stop u from do also u declaration with the muslims in your area as soon u find a Masjid near by.

the reason for this is that we never know whats going to happen the next minute of our life, and besides be sure Sheitan its more than upset at this moment and he will try everything to stop u in his power, so he will try to put doubts in your heart and all kind of wird thinking.

so before u do u declaration its recomended u go and have a full bathe so u clean ur self from u past life. before u enter the bathroom say Bismilah= in the name of Allah and enter with the clear intention in ur heart that u are cleanning ur self all ur past life insha'allah.

then: u only have to say loudly: wile u tape it.

WA ASHADU ANLA ILAHA ILA'LAH
WA ASHADU ANNA MUHAMMAD RASUL`LULAH

I testify there is non deity exept Allah
and i testify Muhammad is his mesenger.

thats it! this testimony its suficient for u to enter Islam. and after this all the mercy of allah subhanah wata'allah will be upon u, u will became a new born baby like as all ur sins from the past will be errased, and if u became a good practicin muslimah all those bad deeds will became good deeds for u!
and dont worry all your past good deeds will still counting for u alhamdulillah .

u can go to this link insha'allah that clarify this:

how to became a muslim: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5169

how to pray: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4186

salam walaikum

khadiga

looking for a mosque in nyc

:salam2: :ma: well i have a couple of address for some mosques in manhattan . the first one is called the "manhattan islamic center " located in 38 west 38street between 5th and 6th. "Masjid mahattan" located at 12 warren street 2an floor the phone number is 212-766-1865 just in case you have any questions .and also there's one in brooklyn " canarsi islamic center" 959 e 85 street phone 718-444-1544.you can go any time and talk to them about your'e problem and they will help you insaallah

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum Wa Rahmet Allah Wa barakatu

:salam2:
Welcome to TTI, I am really happy to hear that you want to convert and may Allah guide you always.
I live in NYC but i only know mosques in Brooklyn. So if you want a mosque in brooklyn please let me know.
Thank you

Steve940

I was in Manhatten last weekend and saw a mosque named Masjid Ar-Rahman it's located on 29th street where it intersects with broadway street.

mkrahman

How to find a mosque

You must go to:

http://www.islamicfinder.org

There you must go to the front page and type in your zip code. Serveral mosques will show up on the page. I have relatives in Queens, NYC, NY. I must say as a fair warning that many of the mosque in the area of Queens are culturally divided. There are mosque built by every country where muslims live to fit their madhab or way of worship (i.e. pakistani, bangladeshi). Some of them are not as accepting to converts and will kind of look at you funny if you say you want to become muslim. Don't worry about that if it does happen. It is just thier cultural ignorance. My best suggestion is to go to the BIG mosque in Manhattan. They will know what to do with you and will treat you well. I do believe they have a new muslim program to get you on your feet after you have converted. Also, You can't miss finding this mosque. It has the biggest dome in NYC!

If you have any problems or concerns during your life changing process, don't hesitate to respond to my post. I will try to email you back as soon a possible.

Katherine