Question: Looking for salafi ....

gnaaz

Assalam O Allaikum

I am going to move in luton,UK today . Any one know is there halal superstore ,halal butchers, shops and restaurants . There are halal shops but I am looking for the shops opened by salafi or ahle hadith !

Jazakallah !

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

Welcome to the UK brother. We should shop from anyone, and it is good to give preference to the Muslims. We should do our best to give our love, cooperation and support to every Muslim, and not be seeking out whether they are "Salafi" or not. There is nothing in our Deen, nor from any of the ulema which states a person does that. Most Muslims run honest and good business operations, halal meat is halal etc - We should do our best to maintain good, friendly ties in our community unless there are specific valid reasons not to.

You can find further support from the mosques in Luton. Do you know the address of good masajid? I recommend Luton Islamic Centre:

Luton Islamic Centre
116 Bury Park Road
Luton
Bedfordshire
LU1 1HE
UK

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam, brother.

Whether Salafi, shee`ah or soofi - I'm sure they all slaughter meats the same way and deal similarly in their business transactions.

And maashaa'Allaah, it's good that you're trying to be careful but a Muslim is a Muslim until they themselves tell you otherwise, so it's in your best interest to treat them all the same inshaa'Allah.

A.Abubaker

Really? Would have made more since if you were looking for shops selling meat only by a certain certifying body.

gnaaz

Halal meat is halal but some salafi scholar says that barelwi are (mushrik) and they says if someone does not pray then his slaughter is haram . That is why I am confused to buy any thing from barelwis and from those who does not pray .I just move from London to Luton .

A.Abubaker

I also plan on moving to luton I have already asked a few people residing there but, I would like to know how like it so far?

Mahzala, 25_30 miles

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Halal meat is halal but some salafi scholar says that barelwi are (mushrik) and they says if someone does not pray then his slaughter is haram . That is why I am confused to buy any thing from barelwis and from those who does not pray .I just move from London to Luton .

I've never been to a butcher shop, but I assume you can tell who the owners are by the shop's name?Won't be as obvious as, maybe say, Ahmed the Baraweli's Halal Butchershop, but probably something similar to that. I know Shee`ahs and Soofees are usually proud of what they are so they often tell it to everyone, proudly... You won't run into any problems, ukht, inshaa'Allaah.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I've never been to a butcher shop, but I assume you can tell who the owners are by the shop's name?Won't be as as obvious as, maybe say, Ahmed the Baraweli's Halal Butchershop, but something slightly similar to that. Shee`ahs and Soofees are usually proud of what they are so they often tell it to everyone, proudly...

You serious? Okay, it sounds like you're missing out on something, you're not, but surprised you've not been meat/poultry shopping before.

Usually business names, in this case butchers, go by surnames, areas or suburbs, or just a couple of words that sound good together. I don't think that sort of detail will be included. As for Luton, I have no idea, that's how we work down here.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

Assalamu alaykum,

I'm sure you can find support from the brothers at the masjid brother Mabsoot mentioned to you. Inshallah khayr

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
You serious? Okay, it sounds like you're missing out on something, you're not, but surprised you've not been meat/poultry shopping before.

=) Sister, you seem like you've been there quite a few times, so I guess you'd know the reality of it better than I do. I suppose the folks there in the UK are a bit different - the owners' true identities? well, not much of a secret here.
Khayr, inshaa'Allaah. May Allaah `azza wa jall aid us in consuming and spending from Halaal means only.