Magnificent scientific signs in the story of prophet "Nûh"

noor aldeen

:salam2:
Magnificent scientific signs in the story of prophet "Nûh"
tyfon_00.JPG

For many years , human are trying to discover rains mechanism till recent days after the discovery of secret of rains as it starts by evaporation of water …

For many years , human are trying to discover rains mechanism till recent days after the discovery of secret of rains as it starts by evaporation of water vapor atoms from seas and oceans which goes up to high altitudes where the temperature is around zero so it condenses to form clouds and then rains.

At the time of descending of the Qur'an no one knew this reality, but in the story of prophet "Nûh" there are many signs as Nûh waited 950 years to make his people to believe in Allah the only God and only creator but they didn’t believe and then Allah ordered him to made a ship which will hold only believers, some animals, birds and plants.

Rains are from earth

After the heavy rains and after the emergence of springs , the flood came and drowned disbelievers and atheists but Allah Almighty rescued prophet "Nûh" and the believers with him, Allah says: (And it was said: "O earth! Swallow up your water, and O sky! Withhold (your rain)." And the water was made to subside and the Decree (of Allah) was fulfilled (i.e. the destruction of the people of Nûh (Noah). And it (the ship) rested on (Mount) Jûdî, and it was said: "Away with the people who are Zalimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers)!")(Sûrat Hûd- verse 44).

In this verse a nice sign for a scientific reality when Allah ordered the earth to swallow water. It means that the water goes up toward the sky to form rains and it returns back inside the earth.

Explosion of springs

In hydrology there is a scientific fact that water underground is under pressure but rocks surround it, if the pressure increases water flow suddenly from earth as an explosion.

We have to mention that scientists use the word explosion when they talk about emergence of springs from the ground, Allah says: (The people of Nûh (Noah) denied (their Messenger) before them. They rejected our slave, and said: "A madman!" and he were insolently rebuked and threatened.*then he invoked his Lord (saying): "I have been overcome, so help (me)!"* So we opened the gates of the heaven with water pouring forth.* and we caused springs to gush forth from the earth. So the waters (of the heaven and the earth) met for a matter predestined.*and we carried him on a (ship) made of planks and nails* floating under Our Eyes: a reward for him who had been rejected!)(Sûrat Al-Qamar- verse 9-14).

tyfon_1.JPG

Water gushes forth from earth as springs explode to form lakes, height of water may reach one hundred meter

Oven gushed forth

When we see boiling water out of a spring, it means that the spring is going to explode .Allah says in the story of prophet "Nûh"((So it was) till when Our Command came and the oven gushed forth (water like fountains from the earth). We said: "Embark therein, of each kind two (male and female), and your family - except him against whom the Word has already gone forth - and those who believe. And none believed with him, except a few.") (Sûrat Hûd- verse 40).

Waves like mountains

Allah says: (So it (the ship) sailed with them amidst waves like mountains, and Nûh (Noah) called out to his son, who had separated himself (apart): "O my son! Embark with us and be not with the disbelievers.") (Sûrat Hûd- verse 42).

In the phrase "waves like mountains" a sign that waves were so high, it means that there was hurricane and strong winds. The koranic likening refers to the height of the waves which could be hundreds of meters which is an indication that what happened in that story was extraordinary.

tyfon_2.JPG

Height of waves in seas and oceans could reach tens of meters but the height was about hundreds of meters in the story of prophet "Nûh" which means that it was extraordinary event

Sermons from the story of prophet "Nûh"

We can extract many sermons from that story as the flowing:

1. The Qur'an is a book which is not like any other book as it contains many sermons that people must benefit from it, one of these benefits is that as Allah Almighty saved "Nûh" and the believers of his people , He Almighty will save all believers without exceptions. Allah says: (Then (in the end) we save Our Messengers and those who believe! Thus it is incumbent upon us to save the believers) (Sûrat Yûnus-verse103).

2. Prophet "Nûh" was patient with his people as he used to call them to Allah the only creator for 950 years. Allah says: (He said: "O my Lord! Verily, I have called to my people night and day (i.e. secretly and openly to accept the doctrine of Islamic Monotheism),* "But all my calling added nothing but to (their) flight (from the truth).*And verily, every time I called unto them that You might forgive them, they thrust their fingers into their ears, covered themselves up with their garments, and persisted (in their refusal), and magnified themselves in pride.)(Sûrat Nûh-verse 5-7) .Also we have to be patient with others while inviting them to Islam.

3. Prophet "Nûh" used to warn his people from the hereafter and from the big torment of Allah at day of resurrection, Allah says: (Indeed, We sent Nûh (Noah) to his people and he said: "O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilâh (God) but Him. (Lâ ilâha illallâh: none has the right to be worshipped but Allah). Certainly, I fear for you the torment of a Great Day!")(Sûrat Al-A‘râf -verse 59).

Benefits of asking for forgiveness

Prophet "Nûh" advised his people many times to ask Allah for forgiveness, He Almighty says: ("I said (to them): ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft-Forgiving;* He will send rain to you in abundance*and give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.)(Sûrat Nûh-verse 10-12).

This is evidence that who asks forgiveness from Allah, He Almighty will give him or her many things such as:

1. He will forgive for anyone asks for forgiveness.

2. He will send the rain to people in abundance.

3. He will increase in wealth of people who ask for forgiveness.

4. He will increase in children of people who ask for forgiveness.

5. He will bestow gardens and rivers of those who ask for forgiveness.

Heaven is an evidence for the ultimate power of Allah

Prophet "Nûh" used a scientific technique to call his people to Allah as he ordered them to look at the heavens above, the moon as a light and the sun as a lamp. Allah says: (See you not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another? *and has made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp?)(Sûrat Nûh-verse 15-16).

The modern science had proved that the moon reflects light of sun as it has no ability for lighting like sun which posses the ability to light because its tremendous heat and the internal nuclear explosion.

planet_sun.JPG

Prophet "Nûh" used the scientific miracles in his calling to Allah. Don't we use the same technique while inviting people to Islam?

"Nûh" made the ship

Prophet "Nûh" asked Allah to give him a victory on disbelievers , then Allah had ordered him to build a ship because He Almighty wanted to sank disbelievers as a punishment for atheism and disbelieving , Allah says: (And it was revealed to Nûh (Noah): "None of your people will believe except those who have believed already. So be not sad because of what they used to do.* "And construct the ship under Our Eyes and with Our Revelation, and call not upon me on behalf of those who did wrong; they are surely to be drowned.")(Sûrat Hûd -verse 36-37).

People of Nûh used to mock at him

Prophet "Nûh" started to build the ship in the village where there is no sea, so that the people started to mock at him and laugh, Allah says: ( And as he was constructing the ship, whenever the chiefs of his people passed by him, they mocked at him. He said: "If you mock at us, so do we mock at you likewise for your mocking.* "And you will know who it is on whom will come a torment that will cover him with disgrace and on whom will fall a lasting torment.") (Sûrat Hûd -verse 38-39).

Allah's order had arrived

Allah Almighty gave Prophet "Nûh" a sign to be ready for departure, the sign was that water like fountains started to gush forth from the earth, Allah says: ((So it was) till when Our Command came and the oven gushed forth (water like fountains from the earth). We said: "Embark therein, of each kind two (male and female), and your family - except him against whom the Word has already gone forth - and those who believe. And none believed with him, except a few.") (Sûrat Hûd -verse 40).

And Nûh said: Embark therein

After the water (water like fountains) had started to gush forth from the earth, prophet Nûh knew that the order was descended to move so he ordered his people to embark in the ship also the animals and plants , when he was on board he said as Allah Almighty tells us:( And he [Nûh said]: "Embark therein: in the Name of Allah will be its (moving) course and its (resting) anchorage. Surely, my Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.") (Sûrat Hûd -verse 41).Hence we Muslims have to start any practice by saying" in the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful."

The flood came

Allah Almighty ordered rains to descend and springs to explode so that the flood started; Allah Almighty describes that scene by saying: (So we opened the gates of the heaven with water pouring forth.* and we caused springs to gush forth from the earth. So the waters (of the heaven and the earth) met for a matter predestined.)(Sûrat Al-Qamar-verse 11-12).

Son of Nûh is disbeliever

Nûh is the prophet of Allah but his son was disbeliever, the son was refusing to obey his father and he insisted to obey atheists and disbelievers, despite that his father asked him to go with him on board of the ship but the son refused and went with his companions, Allah says about that scene :( So it (the ship) sailed with them amidst waves like mountains, and Nûh (Noah) called out to his son, who had separated himself (apart): "O my son! Embark with us and be not with the disbelievers."* (The son) replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain; it will save me from the water." Nûh (Noah) said: "This day there is no survivor from the Decree of Allah except him on whom He has mercy." And waves came in between them, so he (the son) was among the drowned.)(Sûrat Hûd-verse42-43).

Flood was finished

Rains stopped, also explosions of springs and earth started to swallow water. After that the ship anchored on a mountain called "mountain Jûdî" Allah say: (And it was said: "O earth! Swallow up your water, and O sky! Withhold (your rain)." And the water was made to subside and the Decree (of Allah) was fulfilled (i.e. the destruction of the people of Nûh (Noah). And it (the ship) rested on (Mount) Jûdî, and it was said: "Away with the people who are Zalimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers)!")(Sûrat Hûd-verse44), this is the end of polytheists and wrong-doers.

Nûh calls Allah

After the flood finished, prophet Nûh remembers his son who drowned with others and he calls Allah. Allah says: (And Nûh (Noah) called upon his Lord and said, "O my Lord! Verily, my son is of my family! And certainly, Your Promise is true, and you are the Most Just of the judges.") (Sûrat Hûd-verse45). But Allah warns Nûh and told him that his son is disbeliever, He almighty says: (He said: "O Nûh (Noah)! Surely, he is not of your family; verily, his work is unrighteous, so ask not of me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you lest you should be one of the ignorant.) (Sûrat Hûd -verse46)Here, prophet Nûh felt that he requested a wrong request; he repented and asked God for forgiveness. Allah says: (Nûh (Noah) said: "O my Lord! I seek refuge with you from asking you that of which I have no knowledge. And unless you forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers.")(Sûrat Hûd-verse47).

Supplication of Nûh

At the end Nûh supplicated Allah by a great supplication, Allah told us about this wonderful supplication, Allah says: ("My Lord! Forgive me, and my parents, and him who enters my home as a believer, and all the believing men and women. And to the Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers, and disbelievers) grant you no increase but destruction!")(Sûrat Nûh-verse 28).also prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) used to say: "My Lord! Forgive me, and my parents, and bless them as they care about me when I was a child". Shouldn't we follow those great prophets? Allah says: (Indeed in their stories, there is a lesson for men of understanding. It (the Qur'an) is not a forged statement but a confirmation of (Allah's existing Books) which were before it [i.e. the Taurât (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel) and other Scriptures of Allâh] and a detailed explanation of everything and a guide and a Mercy for the people who believe.)(Sûrat Yûsuf-verse111).

--------------------

By: Abduldaem Al-Kahee