Making dua for something not to happen

ILoveAllaah

Salam Brothers and Sisters,

As of June 1, 2011, I repented and asked god for forgiveness for all my sins. I committed major sin and hope the outcome of it will be nothing. I have started to pray 5 times a day, go to jummah on Fridays, make dua everyday many times and even recite Ayat Al Kursi 18x a day. I have a situation going on (that i will not say for now) and I do not want it to happen. If it does, then my family will no longer want anything to do with me because they do not know I have been committing sins I stated above and is about to have something to happen. I ask god for forgiveness everyday and ask him to not let this thing happen so I can keep going on to be a legit muslim.

Brothers and Sisters, what must I do?? I am very stuck in this situation and it bothers me so much that I can not eat, function at my college or even sleep. I just want it to end already so I can keep moving on with a prosperous life. Please make dua for me because I am greatly sorry and need help and I want Allah to help me as well.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Salam Brothers and Sisters,

As of June 1, 2011, I repented and asked god for forgiveness for all my sins. I committed major sin and hope the outcome of it will be nothing. I have started to pray 5 times a day, go to jummah on Fridays, make dua everyday many times and even recite Ayat Al Kursi 18x a day. I have a situation going on (that i will not say for now) and I do not want it to happen. If it does, then my family will no longer want anything to do with me because they do not know I have been committing sins I stated above and is about to have something to happen. I ask god for forgiveness everyday and ask him to not let this thing happen so I can keep going on to be a legit muslim.

Brothers and Sisters, what must I do?? I am very stuck in this situation and it bothers me so much that I can not eat, function at my college or even sleep. I just want it to end already so I can keep moving on with a prosperous life. Please make dua for me because I am greatly sorry and need help and I want Allah to help me as well.

Assalaamu 'alaykum bro,

Firstly, keep constant on du'aa, never loose hope in the Mercy of Allaah.... There's a book by Yasir Qadhi titled, "Du'aa; The Weapon Of The Believer". . . Click here to download the book.

Secondly, the Prophet (saw) said "the who hides the sins of others Allaah will hide their sins on the day of judgement, and he who exposes other's sins, then Allaah will expose his sins even while he is sitting in his house."

So let this be a time for u 2 hide other's sins...

Thirdly, never fall short in ur worship which u r doing now... remember that when Allaah is asked, he is worshipped more by the person, but as soon as He answers ur du'aas, He is forgotten by many (by not doing those deeds)....

Also, never give up in ur worship... keep constant...

Fourth;y, remember that when Allaah tests a person, he does it bcz He loves him, and so that that person can draw closer to Him (by that person crying out to Him)... also as ibn al-qayyim said that when a person is tested by Allaah, the person turns to Allaah and conmstantly asks Him, to the extent that this feeling of closeness and attachment which the person feels becomes beloved to him such that he wishes his du'aa is never answered... Allaahu akbar...

May Allaah ease ur situation, ameen

Wassalaamu 'alaykum.