Marriage of choice VS arranged marriage

brand-new22

Assalam Alaykum all!

I am curious to see what you guys think of this topic, and which you personally, believe is better. Pleaes let me know, I would enjoy reading the answers from everyone!

Personally, I think that if two people meet and fall in-love with each other, the should get married if they feel that way about one another.

Wa'salam everyone!

:SMILY139:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
it's not exactly my favourite topic for discussion but arranged marriage i think.........i feeel my parents know what's good for me better than i do.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

Islam is a "middle-path" religion. and muslims are told to avoid right and left extremes. so i think Islamic marriage is a combination of arranged and love marriage.:)

its not like arranged marriage where your parents decide ur partner and you marry him/her without looking, without knowing,etc.

and its not like love marriage also where boy-girl date, give good-bye hugs, marry without parents blessings, girl without wali, etc.

in Islamic marriage, parents/relatives/ownself look for a partner. after knowing one, the families contact, boy and girl look at each other, share their ideas in presence of girl's mahram and if its alright....shaadi ki baraat!:D i.e. wedding.