Marriage to Shia lawful?

shaheen_shan

Assalam alikum !!!

I would like to put forth my question based on the weird experiences of one of my friend.

She is a SUNNI and is married to a SHIA and the parents disagreed to their marriage...

The boy's parents forced him to give divorce her and even got to the extent to tell teh wod over the call three times... HE did it

Does it mean they were divorced? even its not willful by this guy??

Will the girl be punishable to marry a SHIA or the guy's parents who did the most undesirable thing(Divorce) by Allah SWT

please throw some light on this!!

Some even say that marrying a SHIA is like marrying a kaafir?? Am sorry for my ignorance but my friend needs sincere suggestions...

she just wanted to be with this guy , they still meet each other , nobody knew it , I sincerely feel this is incorrect!!

She made her life a mess.. What could be done to straight things out!!

please Suggest and pray for her

JAZAKALAH!!!

Killi_Feyzo

well we cannot tell you unless you give us more information about this man

what is his aqeeda?
does he make shirk like praying to ali etc?
does he insult the sahaba?
does he believe that the imams know the unseen and are masum?

these are all things which someone has to consider before giving an answer

rahman2040

Assalam

Check this out Sha u wil get to know the difference between Sunni & Shia. Rest u decide please.

Are Shias disbelievers? Answered by my favourite

Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Salah.

[yt]Ch9OFr04b8M[/yt]

Allah knows best

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Intermarriage between Sunnis and Shias is haram. Plain and simple. No grey areas.

Too tired to post a fatwa at this moment but a basic search on islam-qa.com will provide the results you're looking for.

Salem9022

Assalam alikum !!!

I would like to put forth my question based on the weird experiences of one of my friend.

She is a SUNNI and is married to a SHIA and the parents disagreed to their marriage...

The boy's parents forced him to give divorce her and even got to the extent to tell teh wod over the call three times... HE did it

Will the girl be punishable to marry a SHIA or the guy's parents who did the most undesirable thing(Divorce) by Allah SWT

Some even say that marrying a SHIA is like marrying a kaafir?? Am sorry for my ignorance but my friend needs sincere suggestions...

she just wanted to be with this guy , they still meet each other , nobody knew it , I sincerely feel this is incorrect!!

JAZAKALAH!!!

Imam Bukhari declared: “I don’t see any difference between praying Salah behind a Jahmi or a (Shia) Rafidhi and a Christian or a Jew. They (Jahmis/Rafidhis) are not to be greeted, nor are they to be visited, nor are they to be married, nor is their testimony to be accepted, nor are their sacrifices to be eaten.” (Khalq Af’aalul-’Ibaad, p.14)

We cant even eat the Food of Shias according to Imam Bukhari and the earlier Scholars of Islam. So how can we marry them? I don't want to drag the Topic, but no we cant marry a Shia. A Muslim Man is allowed to Marry a Christian or Jewish Women but we are not allowed to marry a Shia women since they don't fall under the categories of those women who are permissible to Marry. If Muslim men cant marry Shia Women then how can a Muslim Women marry a Shia?

wantobeMumin

:salam2: Since when the members of this forum become qualified to give fatwas on issues like this. I am so surprised to see ppl even saying words like Halal and Haram? are u 100% sure that u understood the issue correctly? or every issue falls under a common fatwa. Please remeber if u call something Haram and it wasnt then u invited misery and ur words will be against ALLAH's. let the scholars handle such things. I beg u do not ruin ur faith balatantly.

secondly, how do we know every shia believes what we think he/she belives in?
for instance how are u going to justify calling people like Imam jafir al sadiq a non muslims? I know there is alot of fitna among shia community but in my humble opinion its not always as it may seems. I have childhood friends who were born in shia family call themselves shia but pray like us pay zakat, never curse any of the campanions. the only difference i see tht they adhere to extreme remembrence of Karbla and they dont even beat themselves. also i have worked with shias which fit perfectly with the discription of shias who do all these crazy things. the point i am trying to make is that these are thin lines and we need to be carefully in implying what is haram and halal.

i personally believe people should ask scholars questions like these. thank u
sorry if i offended any one:wasalam:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
No one was giving fatwas and no one is ruining their faith. Fatwas were alluded to and even when they weren't posted (because I clearly stated I was tired and even told the poster where to find them) adequate proof was given in the form of ahadith.

I'm not sure what else you're looking for if those aren't enough for you. Nonetheless, I posted the fatwa so that this type of statement would not be made again.

Ruling on a Muslim woman marrying a Shi’i

My cousin (daughter of my paternal uncle) is going to marry a Shi’i. What is the Islamic ruling on that? How can I persuade her not to go through with this marriage, knowing that her parents agree to it? Please advise me, may Allaah reward you with
good.

Praise be to Allaah.

The Standing Committee was asked the following question:

We come from a tribe that lives on the northern borders [of Saudi Arabia], and we mix with tribes from Iraq who are idolatrous Shi’ah; they worship domes and call them al-Hasan and al-Husayn and ‘Ali. When one of them stands up he says. “O ‘Ali, O Husayn.” Some people from our tribe have intermarried with them and mix with them in all circumstances. We have tried to teach them but they do not listen. I do not have enough knowledge to teach them but I hate what they do, and I do not mix with them. I have heard that we cannot eat meat slaughtered by them, but these people eat their meat and do not care. We are asking you what are our obligations in this case?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah and blessings and peace be upon His Messenger and his family and companions.

If the situation is as you describe – that they call upon ‘Ali, al-Hasan and al-Husayn, and so on – then they are mushrikeen who are guilty of major shirk, which puts them beyond the pale of Islam. It is not permissible for Muslim women to marry them, and it is not permissible for us to marry their women, or to eat meat slaughtered by them.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And do not marry Al-Mushrikaat (idolatresses) till they believe (worship Allaah Alone). And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a (free) Mushrikah (idolatress), even though she pleases you. And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

From Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 2/264

You have to advise your uncle and cousin, and tell them about the fatwas of the scholars concerning this issue. If your uncle insists on marrying his daughter to a Shi’i, then refer the matter to the sharee’ah court to prevent this evil action.

And Allaah knows best.

http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/44549/Marrying a Shi'ah

wantobeMumin

^ dear sister I clearly have annoyed u and i am sorry for that

Please read the question in the fatwa. its the ruling on shias who are "idolatours"
and the question what our sister asked says ony "shia". do all shia's worship rocks or Ali ra? the answer is no. what i am saying is u have generalized a fatwa for every sunni shia marrige. there are few examples of suni shia marriages even in companions. some sahaba sided with Ali ra and called themselves shia but their wives were not. I dont want to go in a debate because its like opening a box of pandora. I am not telling u what to believe or do. i correct myself first and i seek Allah's forgiveness and i will never give my opnion or relate fatwas on issues which are clearly different than what i am seeking.:wasalam:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I see.

Akhi, what is YOUR definition of a Shia? What are their beliefs and forms of ibaadah, according to you? I'm curious to know.

As for what you stated about the Sahabah calling themselves Shia, kindly listen to your own words and produce some proof. I'm not familiar with what you speak of and I'm sure others aren't either.

wantobeMumin

^ sister i feel in ur tone that u know more islamic history so i am going to leave u alone and not get in debate because i am not worthy enough to say things that dont suit me.

shia by defination mean party of Ali ra. they dont have a standard set of belief system . They have sects among themselves. SOME do wired stuff like worship Ali ra as god some treat him higher than our Prophet. I am sure u know all this. U probably also know about the war between Ali ra and Ayeha ra. now what will u call the sahabas who sided Ali ra? they were Shia. but there is a huge difference between the shia who sided Ali for political or whatever reason and the shia of todays. I can assure u there are some shia sects who follow teachings of islam just like Sunnis do but call themselves shia. I have been to many different coutries and have seen defferent things and i can not possibly put all shais in one category because i dont know, only Allah knows whats in their hearts. i need to leave now cus my nafs is telling me to debate and i hate it. :wasalam:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum

to make it simple and clear, I hope there are not shortage of Sunni muslims, that one needs to go to a shi'a muslim for marriage, even if someone goes, that means, an unlawful relation was between them and which is not allowed in Islam, and we are trying to skip that point upon what is next.

to have a relationship out of marriage (I hope that was the case, if I'm wrong, may Allah forgive me) is totally haram, there must not be any dispute.

now comes the matter of shi'a, why we need to dissect their belief , whether he is a good shi'a or bad shi'a. as long as he is claiming to be a shi'a,from where comes the second option to judge that are all shi'a believers or not. that vdo was talking about, to call all shi'a disbeliever or not, not to marry or not.

I hope I was frank enough to explain it

and Allah knows the best, may He forgive me if I misjudged anything.

barakum Allahu feekum
wassalam

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Akhi WantobeMumin, it's not about knowing more or less. You simply made a few interesting statements and I simply requested more information. You mentioned the significance of our posting proof but you should also apply that to yourself.

I think saying such things about the Sahabah is very dangerous and requires backup for our statements by authentic resources. It is beneficial to us when we post valid sources to go hand in hand with our statements. I'm sure you understand, otherwise you wouldn't have warned the rest of us about the errors of not doing so.

shaheen_shan

Assalam alikum!!

Thank you for all the answers been posted.

Reading through many sites, posting queries to the scholars, I learnt that the marriage to SHIA would not be accepted.

Am much afraid now to know the answers ... So I would like to know is there any kind of repentance or solution to this problem?

What could be done to straight things out.. ALLAH SWT is merciful and am sure your suggestions make her life better...

may allah reward you with GOOD

Ahsen

If shias pray like us and act like us then why call themselves shias.Why compare themselves with the shias who do shirk.

There are many shias in bahrain and they believe that Allah sent gabriel to Ali but he forgot and sent the prophecies to prophet muhammad.Also they curse the sahbas and they pray like birds.I mean if you have seen them praying it's like they are making fun of it.Also they have many ridicilous beliefs about tombs stones and graves.It's all messed up.Infact i doubt the mental health of a person who thinks shias are muslims.

Ershad

^ sister i feel in ur tone that u know more islamic history so i am going to leave u alone and not get in debate because i am not worthy enough to say things that dont suit me.

shia by defination mean party of Ali ra. they dont have a standard set of belief system . They have sects among themselves. SOME do wired stuff like worship Ali ra as god some treat him higher than our Prophet. I am sure u know all this. U probably also know about the war between Ali ra and Ayeha ra. now what will u call the sahabas who sided Ali ra? they were Shia. but there is a huge difference between the shia who sided Ali for political or whatever reason and the shia of todays. I can assure u there are some shia sects who follow teachings of islam just like Sunnis do but call themselves shia. I have been to many different coutries and have seen defferent things and i can not possibly put all shais in one category because i dont know, only Allah knows whats in their hearts. i need to leave now cus my nafs is telling me to debate and i hate it. :wasalam:
:salam2:

The war you are talking about - No one today knows what is behind all it, the politics etc. and so that cannot be a reason to be a Shia today. I can see Shias cursing and criticizing Ayesha (RA) and any muslim is not supposed to do that, no matter what happened in the war or anything, because she is the wife of Prophet SAW and the mother of all believers. And clearly, we as muslims are supposed to differentiate ourselves from innovators, kuffars, pantheists and atheists. So you cant be a muslim while you call yourself Shia since it has lot of innovations and say you don't follow those innovations and still call yourself a Shia - then it means you approve of the innovations in Shia. The prophet SAW and his companions called themselves muslims even when there were lot of innovators and misguided ones around at that time. So, that is how we are supposed to behave.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Be Strong And Confident!

Assalam alikum !!!

JAZAKALAH!!!
~~~
:wasalam:
:salam2:

:ma:
1)There is nothing wrong for a Sunni marrying a Shia .Both are muslim.

2)Marrying someone didn't have to be agreed by the parents. it's up to
the individual to choose who their life partner should be.Even if the parent disagree
but Islam still say Yes and Bless their marriage.
As long as both are muslims.
Allahu Akbar!!!

3)There is still marriage relation(nikah)between them( not void)
here he is being force to terminate it by his parents and he even said it out over the phone.
In Islam,between them,(husband and wife)there's no outsider that has the authorisation and right to void their marriage, even their parents.
They are still husband and wife until the husband say it to his willingly .
So the marriage is not voided because he being forced to.

4)The girl won't be punished as long as there's nikah between them(halal relation).But his parents will get the punishment because of making other people void their marriage is considered a sin in Islam.

5)There nothing wrong in marrying a Shia as they are muslims too but their customs
and traditions is slightly different from Sunni.
Even in some countries, one have to do a double nikah because some countries didn't authorise Shia practice.
But Shia are muslims too but their practice are not similar to Sunni that's all.

6)If they are legally married why can't they be together???After all they are husband and wife!
Isn't that silly not to be with her husband the most love of her life!

7)She didn't do anything wrong by marrying him.After all, they are muslims and
nikah in the name and favour of Allah swt.
All she need is to adjust to married life and get ready for their future generation.

When we are facing our future and we know it's right
already follow the needs that Islam's required
we need not to be worried and have guilt!
Allah swt is with us
Make holy qur'an as our guide.

Be strong and confident.
A wife is a queen in her own house
her future generation depending on
her maturity towards life.

~May Allah swt help and guide her~Amin!

All The Best!

And May Allah swt reward you for your good intention~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Ahsen

Customs and traditions?

Asking help from Ali,cursing the sahabas.allowing muta'a, are customs and traditions?

ShyHijabi

Praise be to Allaah.

We Sunnis wish all people well, and we ask Allaah to guide all those who are misled and to reward all those who obey Him. We hope that Allaah will guide those Raafidis…

The differences between the Ahl al-Sunnah (Sunnis) and the Raafidis are very great and are fundamental. For example, the Raafidis say that the Qur’aan was altered, and they condemn most of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) and think that they went astray; they exaggerate about their imaams and worship them, and give them precedence over the Prophets and angels; they go on pilgrimages to mashhads (shrines) and graves, where they do all kinds of actions of shirk, associating others in worship with Allaah. They also believe in hypocrisy (as a tenet of faith) and call it taqiyah (dissimulation), and they believe in al-badaa’(the notion that Allaah “changes His mind”), al-raj’ah (the Return, i.e., the raising of the dead to life again for some time in the same form as they were before) and absolute infallibility of their imaams, and in prostrating on a handful of clay…

We advise you to read "Al-Khutoot al-‘Areedah" by Muhibb al-Deen al-Khateeb [this book is available in English – Translator], or Mukhtasar al-Tuhfat al-Ithna’ ‘Ashariyyah by al-Dahlawi, or Fikrat al-Taqreeb bayna Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Shee’ah by Naasir al-Qaffaari.

And we advise you not to think of marrying this man… Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will compensate him with something better. We ask Allaah to make you strong and grant you a good life in this world and in the Hereafter.

We would also remind you that it is not permitted to have relationships with non-mahram men, as you will find explained clearly in Questions 2005 , 9465 And 1114 We ask Allaah to help you to do all that is good.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/4569/shia%20marry

Killi_Feyzo

I am to lazy to Read everything what was Said...
Did you answer my questions?
If you did then our ulamas here in the Forum can answer (Lol)

Ahsen

Shaytan knows that if a muslim makes a sin like adultery,stealing or something like that he can repent back.But if a person falls in the trap of a wrong belief,whatever good deeds he does will be useless.o he attacks the base of the religion that is aqeedah.Instead of cutting the branches he strikes at the root of the tree so the tree can't be green again.