MEANING OF...

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Salam to you brothers and sisters. Those expert in Arabic, I need you help to tell me the actual meaning of following words:

Ustaz - is it means teacher?

Muallaf - new muslim? Some says muallaf means those who has accepted Islam as true religion but yet to decide whether to convert or not to convert.

Thanking you a lot.

muslims.helper

is a Bro, NOT a Sis
Asalamo Aleikum brother,

Ustaz means teacher.

As for Muallaf, as far as I know it means Author.
I am not an expert in Arabic, but I don't think there is a word for "somebody has accepted Islam as true religion but yet to decide whether to convert or not to convert". You either a Muslim or your are not.

Are you sure you wrote that word right.

I hope this was useful to you.

May Allah give you knowledge and make it useful to you in many ways.

Moataz G

the first is a teacher yeah
for the second word do you mean 'Mouallif"? if you mean this it means Author.
but as Muallaf , you maybe means something is written (passive) but i dont think you mean this, also this word can means 'consist of', ex: 'haza al kittab Muallaf min 7 chapters' (this book is consist of 7 chapters).

i dont think that the meaning will be out of this, unless you wrote the wrong spelling

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thank you to both of you brothers.

I'm clear about ustaz.

"Muallaf" is popularly use in my country to new reverts. Recently one lecturer claimed whoever has embraced Islam is a muslim not muallaf then he said muallaf means "someone accepted Islam as true religion but he/she is undecided yet...". I thought this is arabic word.