bemuslim

DEAR SISTER

SALAM ALAIKUM

I AM WRITING TO APOLOGISE FOR WRITING PRIVETLY TO YOU.I DID NOT

MEAN TO HURT OR EMBARASS YOU.YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME IN FRONT OF

ME INSTAED OF COMPLAINING ABOUT ME.I DO NOT DESRVE IT SINCE I

REGARD YOU AS MY FAMILY AND PART OF MY BODY.I WANT TO CLEAR MY

CONSCIENCE BEFOR ALLAH AND ASK THE HEARER TO FORGIVE US.ALLAH IS

THE OPENER AND THE BEST PROVIDER.I AM JUST MAKING THE CAUSES.

THANK U MR MABSOOT FOR YOUR BROTHERLY HELP.U COULD HAVE SAID

BETTER WORDS THAN WARNING ME.I AM NOT DOING ANY THING HARAM.MAY

ALALH GUIDE US.

The brotherhood of Muslims is stated very clearly in no lesser an authority that the Qur’an. Allah says: “Believers are but brothers.” This is a general statement which applies to every believer regardless of race, Moreover, every believer is a brother to all believers in past and future generations as well as those who are his contemporaries. This bond of brotherhood is even felt with those who lived before the advent of Islam and followed other prophets who conveyed to them the messages of Allah. Thus a Muslim living today feels a strong bond with an Israelite who joined Prophet Moses against the Pharaoh and with a Christian disciple of Jesus when he stood up to the corruption that prevailed in his society. He feels that they all belong to the same camp, united by its faith in the Oneness of Allah and its determination to stand against disbelief.

This brotherhood is not confined to the realm of feelings and ideals. It must have practical effects. By its nature, Islam cultivates the community feeling among its followers. They pray in congregation, standing side by side, shoulder to shoulder, with no distinction made in favour of rank, position or class. What applies to prayer is equally true of all other acts of worship, which Islam requires of its followers.

Moreover, a Muslim must look after his neighbours and make sure that they have what they need. That sense of good neighbourliness is strongly emphasised by the Prophet who has spoken about every aspect of it.

We will only remind ourselves of its essence by quoting the Hadith in which the Prophet swears by Allah three times that a certain person is not a believer. When his companions asked him to define that wretched person, he said: “He who goes to bed having eaten well while his neighbour remains hungry and he is aware of that fact.”

The brotherhood among the believers imposes on them certain duties, which are summed up by the Prophet in the following Hadith: “A believer is a mirror to his brother. A believer is a brother of a believer: he protects him against any danger and guards him from behind.” (Related by Al Bukhari in Al Adab Al Mufrad and by Abu Dawood.)

When the Prophet says that a believer is a mirror to his brother he points out the way for the Muslim community to get rid of any shortcomings, which affect its individual members or affect the whole community. A mirror shows a person exactly as he is. When we stand opposite to a mirror, we want to know whether we are well dressed or whether we look in a good shape. The mirror tells us about every defect in our appearance. Moreover, we are not angry with the mirror for showing us as we are. A believer acts like a mirror to his brother.

This means that if he notices that his brother is doing something wrong or making a certain mistake, he gives him a kind warning. He tells him that such an action may not be good for his well being either in this life or in the life to come. But he does that in a very kind manner, giving a sound advice without sounding like a fault-finder. He speaks about it to his brother because he cares that his brother should do only what serves his interest. He is only after what brings benefit to his brother.

This kindly attitude is stressed by the next statement by the Prophet emphasising the fact that all believers are brothers.

In other words, everyone of them acts as a mirror to all the others. Thus, the duty to give advice is not limited to a certain group of Muslims. It applies to all, since every one of them is a brother to all.

The Prophet leaves us in no doubt as to what this brotherhood entails. He gives it its proper direction. “He protects him against any threat.” Anything which many threatened the life or the welfare of a believer comes under this statement.

Moreover, it applies to anything that endangers a believer’s well-being in the hereafter. In other words, if you find your Muslim brother doing something which is bound to incur Allah’s displeasure, you warn him against it in a kindly manner. You do not give that warning in public because a mirror does not reveal defects in public. You speak to him privately and kindly. When he feels that you are after his interests, he is bound to accept your advice.

A believer also guards his brother “from behind”. This means that he is always ready to come to his aid against outside danger. He does not stand idle when his brother is exposed to any kind of danger of which he might not be aware, without rushing to his defence. When we consider these details, we are bound to conclude that the brotherhood of the believers is very real indeed.

The Prophet has taken care to emphasise that every single believer, must be well respected in Muslim society. No one may be ridiculed or treated as an object of laughter because of some perceived defect. The Prophet gives the best example of treating everyone of his companions with the respect he deserves. Abdullah ibn Mas’oud, one of his early companion who was also a scholar, was short man with very short legs. In a authentic Hadith, Ali, the Prophet’s cousin, reports that the Prophet once bid Abdullah ibn Mas’oud to climb up a tree and fetch him something from it. When Abdullah climbed up, those who were there looked up and laughed at the fact that his legs were very small,. The Prophet was angry. He said to them: “Why do you laugh? One of Abdullah’s legs is heavier in Allah’s scales than the mount of Uhud.”

This is an example of how the Prophet was keen that everyone of his companions., and indeed every Muslim, must be treated with the respect he deserves. Abdullah was a devoted servant of Islam. He never hesitated to render any sacrifice required of him. When battle flared up against non-believers, he was at the forefront of the Muslim army. Hence, he earned high esteem. The size of his leg was immaterial. It was his action, which counted. By his actions, Abdullah ibn Mas’oud achieved a very high position as a devoted servant of Islam. Hence, he was not one to be made fun of in any situation. The Prophet stresses that idea by stating that either one of his too small legs is heavier that a mountain, when it comes to the evaluation of deeds and services given to Islam.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum

:salam2:

I honostly dont understand how writing privately to someone can offend.
The only way it can offend some one is if it was a flurting message, you see that i could understand and i hope BeMuslim did not do that.

:tti_sister: May Allah keep us Away from wrong actions and things that are Haram.:tti_sister:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa Rahmatullah,

please do not feel offended, i am very sorry if I have hurt your feelings dear brother. I had sent you PMs before, reminding you of the Website rules, yet unfortunately you continued.

Please take note that we do get a lot of different members and some do strange things.... Imagine if you have to look after almost 10,000 people.. It is difficult task and some of those people are very weird/bad.

InshaAllah you are a good person, and I am sure you are under a lot of pressure and stress to find a Wife. I ask Allah to help you in that.

At same time, you must know that this website is not made for you to PM people in order to find marriage.. or get help in finding marriage...

I do not know who the people are on this website, you are a guest here. So, I must act upon any PM that I get from people talking about Site rules being broken. And it was our fortune that you sent a PM to a Super Moderator. lol. :) And she merely did her duty in informing me what happened.

Nobody spoke in a rude way about you or anything, rather we want to make sure that you understand the use of this website.

We are not paying 100s of dollars to run this website in order to allow people to use it for any other reason apart from learning Islam. Therefore, we do not allow people to advertise, to buy/sell, to promote their websites etc. It is selfish for people to do that, because we are a group of normal Muslim brothers and sisters running this website at our own expense.

So, Again i apologise and inshaAllah, I hope you can understand why we have these rules and that you indeed follow them.

Remember that when a person registers, they agree to the website rules.

Please everyone should Read them:
Website Rules

Also, JazakAllahu khayr for the article. Again, i am very sorry you felt you were disrespected, but our conversation was in private.. there is no need to make new threads talking about moderator descisions.

I am going to close this thread now, as there isnt really anything to discuss.

Wasalam.

Status
Not open for further replies.