Video Michael Jackson converts to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Masha Allah

If you have a wild past or have committed many sins, you can still become a Muslim

No matter what sins a person committed, or how wild their past was.

Islam erases all sins committed prior to becoming a Muslim.

Prophet :saw: said, Islam erases what came before it.'' 1.
(narrated by Muslim in his Sahih, no. 121)

As soon as a person becomes a Muslim all their previous sins are forgiven and they start a blank state. Or a complete clean record.

Narrated that Amr ibn al-Aas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: When Allah put Islam in my heart, I came to the Prophet :saw: and said: Give me your right hand so that I may swear allegiance to you.

He :saw: held out his hand and I withdrew my hand. He said, What is the matter, Oh Amr? I said, I want to stipulate a condition. He said, What do you want to stipulate? I said, That I will be forgiven. He said, Do you not know that Islam destroys that which came before it?''
(Narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 17159).

And remeber O people that Allah is:

The Forgiver of sins, the Acceptor of repentance, the Severe in punishment, the Bestower (of favours). Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but H,e), to Him is the final return” [Ghaafir 40:2-3 – interpretation of the meaning]

Ibn ‘Abbaas – who was one of the companions of the Prophet of Islam (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – narrated that some of the people of shirk (polytheism) killed and did a lot of killing, and they committed adultery and they did that a great deal, then they came to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “What you say and what you are calling for is good. If only you could tell us that there is any expiation for what we have done.” Then Allaah revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning):

‘Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Status
Not open for further replies.