Missed fasts...

Hydden

Assalaam walaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

So in Ramzan 2012, I have fasted 9 days. And I fasted the shabaan 6 days, then made up 3 more days of fasting.

Now the problem is I haven't prayed because I didn't know prayer at that time and in some I said, "Bismillah-ar-rahman-ar-raheem". What's worse, it was exam time as well.

I think I have said 2-3 lies at most for a few days, so I don't know how many days I actually have to make up. I know it's too late for me to fast 30 whole days again.

What am I supposed to do? My mother is only preventing me from following Islam and trying to pull me back into hinduism.

How am I supposed to feed 60 poor people?

EDIT: I know this post contains traces of arrogance and hate, but that doesn't mean I'm actually arrogant. And please don't explain to me how my mother went through pain just for delivering me out.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Walaikumassalaam wa re wa barakatuhu.

Firstly edit the content! That ain't no way to talk about your Mother or about Hinduism. You ought to respect both whether you like it or not, and "Anger", it ain't good for health, so sister, it would be better you start learning to control it. :)

Coming to Fasts, even i couldn't fast last year, I did for only 7 days at the max, living on Apple for Suhoor/Sehri. Even i have to make it up, no doubt, but I have to be patient. Either go out front to your mother and tell you are Muslim and won't do any of Hinduism [which I believe is difficult to tell] or be Patient.

Try doing as much fasts as possible this time. And do ask for forgiveness and repent, you never know, you might be forgiven. Indeed He is Ar-Rahman. :)

Peace.

P.S - Anger does no good, it causes more harm than you can imagine. Wash you face with cold water sister.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah, sister.

I edited your post. Please don't use foul language. Your mother does not deserve to be called names no matter how bad she treats you or whatever religion she might follow. Make du`aa for her instead.

May Allaah ease all of your affairs and get you through this Ramadaan in peace, both of you.

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
There's not much I can offer right now Ukhti, but pray and repent and ask for forgiveness from Allaah as much as you can. He, SWT, is all forgiving and merciful!
Wassalam

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum sister Hydden,

It must be very very hard to live in a non Muslim family trying to practise Islam as much as you can and facing lots of obstacles every single day, subhanallah. Have patience sister, Allah says in the Qur'an:

And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah ] (2:45)

Also remember that Shaytaan has become your closest enemy since you have reverted to Islam. So try to do little with consistency and build on it inshallah. Allah loves things done with consistency. Seek refuge with Allah every time you have a bad thought.

Are you praying now sister?

Jazakillahu khayran