Moghrabieh

Greek_Rose_2005

Does anyone here know how to make Moghrabieh? I bought some from store and some other ingredients one of my friends friends made it one time and it was amazing i wanted to try to make it, and unfortunatly I cant get ahold of my friend-shes bad about getting back to people...can anyone help me...i think I have most if not all the ingredients as I have tons of spices, i got chicken tomato chickpeas onions i get the things i remember was in it..but im not sure the procedure...HELP! :)

Thank you

Greek_Rose_2005

I ended up finding a few reciepes online for it...but sort of did my own thing..its easier then i thought but it demands full attention and takes about 90 min to 2 hours...so dont something for fast meal..hehe

anyhow i chopped 1 1/2 lbs chicken up very fine and chopped 1 cup onions...added about 1/3 cup butter next time i will try 1/4 or less...once cooked i added cumin salt pepper a little bit garam masala, and some cinnamon and just a small pinch of tumeric-i like it for color effect..cook it for few min then add water or you can use chicken or veg stock and cover the chicken and let simmer until well done,,then add about 3-4 cups of chickpeas..once the meat very tender remove meat onions chickpeas to a large bowl..set aside the stock liquids...

in a large sauce pan...put 1/4 cup- i would use less butter and add 1/2 container moughrabieh keep stirring till it starts changing color...then add liquid...at this point put it on med low...you will have to keep stirring and add water every so often..it took about 40 min for it to be cooked...now i felt it was too much butter so some of them i drained and i retained just a little liquid...then add the dry ingredients back to it, and i chopped two tomatoes in it...some people i heard cook the tomatoes but i like them fresh..i think it would be good with chopped cucumber too...anyhow it came out well and some of my friends said it was soooooooooo good...:) so nat bad for the first time..