Monuments from Morocco : Rabat and Marrakech

:salam2:

Here is some pics for some monuments which were taken in the Capital of Morocco Rabat and the old Capital of Morocco in 11 century Marrakech.
The two mosque Hassan and al-Koutoubiya has a third sister in Sevilla in Spain they were built all by muslims.

Fountain near Hassan in Rabat
attachment.php

Hassan tour
attachment.php

Nave Hassan
attachment.php

Minaret Hassan
attachment.php

Minaret al-Koutoubiya in Marrakech
attachment.php

Near al-Koutoubiya
attachment.php

Garden near al-Koutoubiya
attachment.php

Hassan column in Rabat
attachment.php

Hassan minaret
attachment.php

Hassan whole area in Rabat
attachment.php

near al-Koutoubiya Marrakech
attachment.php

Kasbah
attachment.php

Marrakech Palm
attachment.php

Wall of the mosque al-Koutoubiya
attachment.php

:wasalam:

Attachments

• hassan area copie.jpg
    hassan area copie.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 502
  • Hassan minaret copie.jpg
    Hassan minaret copie.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 471
  • hassan two n copie.jpg
    hassan two n copie.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 453
  • Palmerie Marrakech copie.jpg
    Palmerie Marrakech copie.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 435
  • Hassan whole area copie.jpg
    Hassan whole area copie.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 438
  • kasbah copie.jpg
    kasbah copie.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 434
  • wall mosque copie.jpg
    wall mosque copie.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 420

Hajar

Staff member

Jazak'Allah gair brother for sharing these pics :)..hehe ive been morocco myself this summer an to Rabat too. Here are some of mine. There first pic i took in Casablanca and the second in Benni Mellal

moroccosummer2006295sd8.jpg

moroccosummer2006355in9.jpg

moroccosummer2006528jx3.jpg

moroccosummer2006531qr2.jpg

moroccosummer2006516hy7.jpg

moroccosummer2006541sf1.jpg

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam Alaykum

Masha` Allah so Beautiful ...Morocco is look so nice Country..:am:

gazakym Allah khyran dear All for sharing this nice pic..

<wasalam>

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Masha-Allah these are beautiful pictures.....jazakAllah khayr for sharing :)

wasalam

Jazak'Allah gair brother for sharing these pics :)..hehe ive been morocco myself this summer an to Rabat too. Here are some of mine. There first pic i took in Casablanca and the second in Benni Mellal

:jazaak: sister for sharing the pics :)

this pic it's Kasbah Tadla in Beni Mellal built in the 17 century

moroccosummer2006355in9.jpg

And this is Challa (or Sala or Chella) Stronghold in Rabat, it's so old, inside it there are monuments which belong to Roman, muslims and others before them.

moroccosummer2006516hy7.jpg

Hajar

Staff member

The pic of the castle isn't Kasbah Tadla. Kasbah Tadla is a name of a city near Beni Mellal. :) hehe ive been there too..see the pic. ;)

But the place where that castle is called Ain Asserdoun..and the castle itself is called the Borj Ras el-Aïn.

(In the far back of the pic you see a modument on mountain..that was put there by the french...Whos army was stationed there for some time.)

moroccosummer2006363bn8.jpg

Thank you again for this pic :)
You know i see what you said, it's true, today the town its name is Kasbah Tadla.
I think you know that Kasabah is an arabic word it mean Castle.
The name of this region is Tadla. But after the Kasabah was built an area took the name Kasabah Tadla because the Kasabah did not exist before. So as the majority of people who lived in Tadla was living inside the Kasabah, the town took that name 'Kasabah Tadla' like other areas for Kasabah Oudaïa in Rabat but we say today
The whole province has as name Tadla Azilal not Kasbah Tadla Azilal
I hope i did not mix up all things :SMILY27:
I wish you will correct me :)

-About french army, a man of this region deafeat them many times his name is Ahmed Alhansali (or Ahnsal) he was famous, in histroy
-For Ais Asserdoune i was there one time when i was a child, You know Ain it's arabic means Source and Asserdoune it's "berber" amazigh means mule :) so Ain Asserdoune means The source of the mule if i remember and if my memory is good the legend said that the name of this source was done by autochthonous and the legend says that the chief of the tribe was a tyrant and owned a mule and rode it, so as people got affraid from him, and to oblige people to close the source. When they saw him they run away and told to other "ain Asrdoune is coming".
They stick the source to the mule :). Wa Allah A'lam

This is an official text about the town, translated from french :

" Tadla founded in 1687 by the sultan Moulay Ismaïl. Its citadel is one of most important of Morocco. During protectorate, the French transformed this city into military garrison sheltering two mosques. One of them keeps the style almohade characterized by a form of rhombus on the minaret. The other mosque as for it carries an architecture Saheliane with stakes out of outgoing wooden of the minaret. Another monument of the city, the bridge with ten arches which crosses the river "Oum er-Rbiaâ", also built by the Sultan Moulay Ismaïl. To be able well to benefit from the beautiful sight on the kasbah of this city, the visitor must go towards the South of the city, on the small headland dominated by an austere monument, with four parallel concrete blades drawing up itself towards the sky. This monument was built with the memory of four heroes of resistance.
Viziriel decree of January 28, 1916 (22 Rabiaâ I 1334) Opening an investigation relating to the classification of a zone of protection around the "Kasbah which belong to people of Rbaâ" known as kasbah Tadla located in the area of Tadla. B.O n° 171 of January 31, 1916 P.117 The Large Vizier, - Considering the Dahir of February 13, 1914 (17 Rabiaâ I 1332); - Considering the request formulated by the Chief of the Service of Antiquities, Beautiful arts and Historical buildings. DECREE: Article 1: An investigation is open on the proposal for a classification of a zone of protection around the "Kasbah which belong to people of Rbaâ", said “Kasbah Tadla” located in the area of Tadla. This zone will be limited on the one hand by the "Wadi Oum er Rbiaâ", on the other hand, by a line in parallel following the walls external of the Kasbah to a distance of 150 meters. The grounds included/understood in this zone will be struck by the constraint aedificandi. Article 2: The Général secretary of the Government Of the sherifs is in charge of the execution of this Decree. Done in Rabat 22 Rabiaâ I, 1334 (January 28, 1916). M'hamed Ben Mohamed EL Guebbas, Great Vizier. Seen for promulgation and execution. Folds back, on January 29, 1916 The Ambassador plenipotentiary. Delegated to the General Residence.
"
Saint-Aulaire

"PARTICULAR EXTES OF KASBAH TADLA I.1 Dahir of January 28, 1916 (22 Rabiaâ I 1334) Carrying classification like historic buildings of the Kasbah Tadla and the bridge on Oum Rebia. Praise to God Alone, (Great Seal of Moulay Youssef) - For our just servants, Governors and Kaids of Our Fortunate Empire, like on our subjects; - To one knows by the present ones - To can very High God illustrate the content of it; - That Our Majesty Of the sherifs, - Considering the interest which sticks to the point of view of art and the history to the conservation of the Kasbah Tadla and the bridge of Oum Rebia, located meadows the aforesaid Kasbah; - Considering Our dated February 13, 1914 Dahir (17 Rabiaâ I 1332); - Considering the opinion of the Chief of the Service of Antiquities, Art schools and Historic buildings; - On the proposal of Our Great Vizier: WITH DECRETEE WHAT FOLLOWS: Single Article: Are classified like Historic buildings in the area of Tadla: 1 - The Kasbah of Aït Rbaâ, known as “Kasbah Tadla”; 2 - The bridge on Oum er Rbiaâ, located meadows of the aforesaid the Kasbah. Done in Rabat, 22 Rabiaâ II 1334 (January 28, 1916) Seen for promulgation and execution: Folds back, on February 5, 1916 The Ambassador plenipotentiary, Delegated to the General Residence."
Sait-Aulaire.

Hajar

Staff member

yeah u right bro..u didnt mix anything up :) May dad was born in Kasbah Tadla and he still remember all those french solders and people there! The city looked beautiful then..and the river there was full with water..now its almost dried up :(

moroccosummer2006321on0.jpg

moroccosummer2006338zn7.jpg

Anyway thanks for explaining brother!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

JazakAllahu Khayr

This is a very interesting thread, thanks for the discussion and photos. Maybe I will do one of places I have been to.

wasalam

yeah u right bro..u didnt mix anything up :) May dad was born in Kasbah Tadla and he still remember all those french solders and people there! The city looked beautiful then..and the river there was full with water..now its almost dried up :(

Anyway thanks for explaining brother!

thank you again for the pics.
Yes that's true the region, only 30years ago, was so beautiful : greenery scenery, water, almond, olive green etc. but unfortunately today there is not rain and it's drought there.

here is some pics that i took last years
Montains in the middle Atlas
Redimensionnerfrom the bus copie.jpg
Also montains in the middle Atlas
Redimensionnerroad copie.jpg
Beach Rabat
RedimensionnerBeach copie.jpg

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I saw those photos of Rabat and it came to me the melancholy of there.I went to those places,I really miss Morocco,it's a beautiful State,Evviva il Marocco!!!:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Thank you for sharing

Assalamu Alaykum,

JazakAllahu Khayr

This is a very interesting thread, thanks for the discussion and photos. Maybe I will do one of places I have been to.

wasalam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

:ma:

Agreed!
I second to the quote above!

Interesting and beautiful places.
Thank you for sharing of these photos and information :ma:

~May Allah swt reward you all~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!