Moon Splitting

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum

Scientist came to know about the split of moon in year 1990

But Guess what !!!

54:1. The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft sunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad SAW to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).

Narrated Anas bin Malik: "The people of Mecca asked Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle. So he showed them the moon split in two halves between which they saw the Hiram' mountain. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 208)"

Narrated 'Abdullah: "The moon was split ( into two pieces ) while we were with the Prophet in Mina. He said, "Be witnesses." Then a Piece of the moon went towards the mountain. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 209)"

Narrated Abdullah bin Masud: "During the lifetime of the Prophet the moon was split into two parts and on that the Prophet said, 'Bear witness (to thus).' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 830)"

Narrated Anas: "That the Meccan people requested Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle, and so he showed them the splitting of the moon. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 831)"

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: "The moon was split into two parts during the lifetime of the Prophet. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 832)"

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas: "During the lifetime of Allah's Apostle the moon was split (into two places). (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 210)"

Narrated 'Abdullah: "The moon was split (into two pieces). (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 211)"

Narrated Abdullah: "Five things have passed, i.e. the smoke, the defeat of the Romans, the splitting of the moon, Al-Batsha (the defeat of the infidels in the battle of Badr) and Al-Lizam (the punishment)' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)), Volume 6, Book 60, Number 345)"

Narrated Abdullah: "Allah sent (the Prophet) Muhammad and said:--

'Say, No wage do I ask of you for this (Qur'an) nor am I one of the pretenders (i.e. a person who pretends things which do not exist). (38.68) When Allah's Apostle saw Quraish standing against him, he said, "O Allah! Help me against them by afflicting them with seven years of famine similar to the seven years (of famine) of Joseph. So they were afflicted with a year of drought that destroyed everything, and they ate bones and hides. (One of them said), "And they ate hides and dead animals, and (it seemed to them that) something like smoke was coming out of the earth. So Abu Sufyan came to the Prophet and said, "O Muhammad! Your people are on the verge of destruction! Please invoke Allah to relieve them." So the Prophet invoked Allah for them (and the famine disappeared). He said to them. "You will revert (to heathenism) after that." 'Abdullah then recited:

'Then watch you for the Day that the sky will bring forth a kind of smoke plainly visible.......but truly you will revert (to disbelief).' He added, "Will the punishment be removed from them in the Hereafter? The smoke and the grasp and the Al-Lizam have all passed." One of the sub-narrator said, "The splitting of the moon." And another said, "The defeat of the Romans (has passed)." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)), Volume 6, Book 60, Number 349)"

Narrated 'Abdullah: "Five things have passed: Al-Lizam, the defeat of the Romans, the mighty grasp, the splitting of the moon, and the smoke. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)), Volume 6, Book 60, Number 350)"

Narrated Ibn Masud: "During the lifetime of Allah's Apostle the moon was split into two parts; one part remained over the mountain, and the other part went beyond the mountain. On that, Allah's Apostle said, 'Witness this miracle.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)), Volume 6, Book 60, Number 387)"

Narrated Abdullah: "The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the company of the Prophet, and it became two parts. The Prophet said, 'Witness, witness (this miracle).' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)), Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388)"

Narrated Ibn Abbas: "The moon was cleft asunder during the lifetime of the Prophet. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)), Volume 6, Book 60, Number 389)"

Narrated Anas: "The people of Mecca asked the Prophet to show them a sign (miracle). So he showed them (the miracle) of the cleaving of the moon. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)), Volume 6, Book 60, Number 390)"

Narrated Anas: "The moon was cleft asunder into two parts. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)), Volume 6, Book 60, Number 391)"
"Abdullah said that five signs have (become things) of the past (and have proved the truth of the Holy Prophet): (Enveloping) by the smoke, inevitable (punishment to the Meccans at Badr), (the victory of) Rome, (violent) seizing (of the Meccans at Badr) and (the splitting up of) the Moon. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell (Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar), Book 039, Number 6721)"
"Abu Ma'mar reported on the authority of Abdullah that the moon was split up during lifetime by Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in two parts and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Bear testimony to this. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell (Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar), Book 039, Number 6724)"
"This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud (who said): We were along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at Mina, that moon was split up into two. One of its parts was behind the mountain and the other one was on this side of the mountain. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to us: Bear witness to this. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell (Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar), Book 039, Number 6725)"
"Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported that the moon was split up in two parts during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). The mountain covered one of its parts and one part of it was above the mountain and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Bear witness to this. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell (Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar), Book 039, Number 6726)"
"Anas reported that the people of Mecca demanded from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that he should show them (some) signs (miracles) and he showed them the splitting of the moon. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Anas through another chain of transmitters. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell (Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar), Book 039, Number 6728)"
"Anas reported that the moon was split up in two parts and in the hadith recorded in Abu Dawud, the words are: 'The moon was split up into two parts during the life of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).' (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell (Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar), Book 039, Number 6729)"
"Ibn 'Abbas reported that the moon was split up during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him). (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell (Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar), Book 039, Number 6730)"

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

what does the information you posted in the beginning have to do with you quoting Quran and hadith ?

The moon split was a miracle. As with miracles it is something that can't be proven in time except for us muslims the miracle is the Quran. which will be continued guidance until Allah takes it away from us.

I would like to caution you: until they move a theory to a fact you really shouldn't waste your time. we shouldn't quote conjecture and compare it to the Noble Quran. That could be like taken a pen and writing your own interpretation and meaning. Let the scholars do it. just my opinion.

:wasalam:

JenGiove

Sister,

I love you bits and pieces but how you pieced the information together is misleading. The section that speaks about the moon spliting is under the heading of the moons EVOLUTION....here is that whole section.:

Origin and evolution of the moon
Scientists believe that the moon formed as a result of a collision known as the Giant Impact or the "Big Whack." According to this idea, Earth collided with a planet-sized object 4.6 billion years ago. As a result of the impact, a cloud of vaporized rock shot off Earth's surface and went into orbit around Earth. The cloud cooled and condensed into a ring of small, solid bodies, which then gathered together, forming the moon.
The rapid joining together of the small bodies released much energy as heat. Consequently, the moon melted, creating an "ocean" of magma (melted rock).
The magma ocean slowly cooled and solidified. As it cooled, dense, iron-rich materials sank deep into the moon. Those materials also cooled and solidified, forming the mantle, the layer of rock beneath the crust.
As the crust formed, asteroids bombarded it heavily, shattering and churning it. The largest impacts may have stripped off the entire crust. Some collisions were so powerful that they almost split the moon into pieces. One such collision created the South Pole-Aitken Basin, one of the largest known impact craters in the solar system.
103988main_moonrock.jpg
A basalt rock that astronauts brought to Earth from the moon formed from lava that erupted from a lunar volcano. Escaping gases created the holes before the lava solidified into rock. Image credit: Lunar and Planetary Institute

About 4 billion to 3 billion years ago, melting occurred in the mantle, probably caused by radioactive elements deep in the moon's interior. The resulting magma erupted as dark, iron-rich lava, partly flooding the heavily cratered surface. The lava cooled and solidified into rocks known as basalts (buh SAWLTS).
Small eruptions may have continued until as recently as 1 billion years ago. Since that time, only an occasional impact by an asteroid or comet has modified the surface. Because the moon has no atmosphere to burn up meteoroids, the bombardment continues to this day. However, it has become much less intense.
Impacts of large objects can create craters. Impacts of micrometeoroids (tiny meteoroids) grind the surface rocks into a fine, dusty powder known as the regolith (REHG uh lihth). Regolith overlies all the bedrock on the moon. Because regolith forms as a result of exposure to space, the longer a rock is exposed, the thicker the regolith that forms on it.

JenGiove

what does the information you posted in the beginning have to do with you quoting Quran and hadith ?

The moon split was a miracle. As with miracles it is something that can't be proven in time except for us muslims the miracle is the Quran. which will be continued guidance until Allah takes it away from us.

I would like to caution you: until they move a theory to a fact you really shouldn't waste your time. we shouldn't quote conjecture and compare it to the Noble Quran. That could be like taken a pen and writing your own interpretation and meaning. Let the scholars do it. just my opinion.

Salaam Brother Abdul-Aziz,

You asked what the information she posted had to do in relation to the Qur'an and Hadiths. While I admit that I am probably the last person to make comments or correct ANYONE on the Books, I can tell you that how she saw the information was as a correlation with now hypothesized science theory and information and miracles that happened 1400 years ago. All she saw was the beauty and truth of the Qur'an. Not waste your time?? If that was accurate, then Newton would never have "discovered" the science behind gravity.

I would say that the only real "caution" she needs is presenting the information in accurate context. Since English is NOT her first language, her mistake was understandable. Her love never was in question....

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We know the Prophet split the moon.

The question we need to raise is did we land on the moon. No stars..wires..photographs of photographers taking photos..Roswell..vampires...

Conjecture makes theories..Allah is the Law.

revert2007

Love Fishing

As salamu 'allikum

For more info you can just read from the NAZA website. i quoted the year scientist found out about the splitting of the moon. That is the reason i put GUESS WHAT and quoted the quran verse which the splitting of moon has been mentioned long time a go.

We do not need to go into detail of how it was done. Of course with Allah's will. We know it is a miracle and I did not deny it. It is up to you how you want to interpret the information.

perhaps Muslims won't be interested with this kind of info but many Non Muslims will be interested.

Allah knows the best.
As salamu 'alaikum

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'aliakum

This thread is not about what the NAZA found and claim is true but this thread is about when human came to know about the splitting of the moon and i high lighted that word.

Do you think I am going to believe what they claim when I am a Muslim and quoted quranic verse and hadeeth?

p.s: I don't waste my time for nothing in sha Allah

Allah knows the best.

As salamu 'alikum

arzafar

The point is that since Allah split the moon He could also rejoin it perfectly leaving no evidence of the split! i.e. it's not essential that there be an indication of a split.

and that's why people should not be interpreting empirical science in way so as to confirm the quraan or finding new meanings of the Quraan to conform it to the current science. no it's the way around; Quraan is the truth!

We must believe in the quraan and sahih hadith at face value and not look for empirical proofs to justify those beliefs. This is faith!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The sister posted an innocent thread. And yes, The Quran is the Absolute Truth.

Me, I just wish I could have been there.

I have touched the moon rocks but nothing amazing happened..so I left the
hall went outside and picked up an ordinary stone. It was the same thing. It was not cheese.