½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 ½ cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice

To make meatballs:

Put the onion in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Tear bread into pieces, add to the onion, along with the egg, and process briefly. Add the beef or lamb, cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt and process to a thick paste, scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally.

Alternatively, grate the onion , chop the parsley, crumb the bread, and add to the meat in a bowl with the egg, spices, and seasoning. Knead until the mixture is paste like in consistency.

With moistened hands, shape the mixture into walnut-sized balls and place them on tray. Cover and refrigerate until required.

To make herb and lemon sauce:
Heat the butter or oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over low heat until softened and golden. Then add the paprika, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.

Add the meatballs to the pan, shaking so that they settle into the sauce. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add most of the parsley and lemon juice and season further if necessary. Return to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer to a tagine or bowl, sprinkle with the remaining parsley, and serve hot.

Source: http://marocmama.com/2011/06/guest-post-amnahs-moroccan-meatball-tagine.html#sthash.D8yaAloq.dpuf

Seeking Peace

Meatballs:
½ onion, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons Italian parsley, roughly chopped
2 slices, crusts removed
1 egg
1 pound ground beef or lamb
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Herb and Lemon Sauce:
4 teaspoons butter or oil
½ onion, finely chopped
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 ½ cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice

To make meatballs:

Put the onion in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Tear bread into pieces, add to the onion, along with the egg, and process briefly. Add the beef or lamb, cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt and process to a thick paste, scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally.

Alternatively, grate the onion , chop the parsley, crumb the bread, and add to the meat in a bowl with the egg, spices, and seasoning. Knead until the mixture is paste like in consistency.

With moistened hands, shape the mixture into walnut-sized balls and place them on tray. Cover and refrigerate until required.

To make herb and lemon sauce:
Heat the butter or oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over low heat until softened and golden. Then add the paprika, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.

Add the meatballs to the pan, shaking so that they settle into the sauce. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add most of the parsley and lemon juice and season further if necessary. Return to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer to a tagine or bowl, sprinkle with the remaining parsley, and serve hot.

Source: http://marocmama.com/2011/06/guest-post-amnahs-moroccan-meatball-tagine.html#sthash.D8yaAloq.dpuf
Assalam-o-Alaikum Sister Herb...

this looks yumsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...although i haven't tried it but a similar dish on the same lines is made here in Pakistan called Koftey...though its different but i can relate the taste of this dish you shared with us...In Shaa Allah i am definitely going to try it In Shaa Allah...

JazakAllah-o-Khair for sharing it with us...

W'S...

Seeking Peace

Salam alaykum

I wish you bon apetit, sister. If you will invite mee too to dinner, I promise to :dishes:
Walaikum Salam Wr Wb Sister...

lolxx aww thats shaweeet my lovely sister *hugs*...i so wish if it was possible i would definitely have invited you my lovely sister in Deen...but then you never know what are Allah S.W.T plans may be we do get to meet somewhere in this big world and have dinner togather In Shaa Allah...

or far better than that In Shaa Allah in life after death in Janatul Firdous In Shaa Allah In Shaa Allah...

love you for the sake of Allah S.W.T my sis in Deen..

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
wonderful recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!I cooked those meatball during Ramadhan in the tajine..we call them "kefta b lham".sister,if we were in the same country,I would have invited you to have a lunch at my home.Today I've cooked for the first time the maroccan cous cous and it was delicious.thank you for sharing these "throat's sins"