News Muslim Community Organizes An Exhibition On Islam In Burton, UK

anisafatima

Recently, Muslim community of City of Burton in United Kingdom organized a three day exhibition with the title of “Exhibition Islam”. The main purpose of the display was to allow people from other faiths to have a deep insight into the religion and to abridge the rift that exists among different faiths.

It was supported by different organizations that are Midlands Muslim Community, Burton, South Derbyshire College, East Staffordshire Borough Council and Burton Town Center Management.

The visitors coming to exhibition were allowed to participate in discussion about different Islamic faiths like prayers, life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and status of women in Islam. According to owners, this was not an effort to convert people. On the other hand, it was an effort to educate people about Islam and to remove misconceptions people have about this religion.

In recent years Islam has spread quite rapidly in Europe thanks to efforts of Muslims living there, rise of different methods of understanding Islam and most importantly people’s curiosity about Islam. In these circumstances, Exhibition Islam that is a registered UK charity is trying to promote the better understanding of Islam.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Exhibition Islam seems to have closed in Burton at the end of February. It is based at Regent's Park Mosque in London, but has been touring around UK and some other countries for around 10 years. If it is the same one I am thinking of, I have seen it and it is worthwhile visiting, in shaa Allah.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Salaam

I feel that people 'up norf' tend to be more accepting of Muslims than the people in the 'sarf'. People in London especially are intolerent of anything and everything, I feel. May be the reason being that the North of England and the Midlands had a large Muslim presence as there are large Muslim communities concentrated around those areas, mainly Muslims of Pakistani descent.

The UK will always resist anything foreign. They have a superiority complex as they think that Britannia STILL rules the waves, racism has always been rife in the UK.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:wasalam:

May be the reason being that the North of England and the Midlands had a large Muslim presence as there are large Muslim communities concentrated around those areas, mainly Muslims of Pakistani descent.

The UK will always resist anything foreign. They have a superiority complex as they think that Britannia STILL rules the waves, racism has always been rife in the UK.

At the risk of this going far off-topic because I think this is a theme that could be discussed endlessly:

There are large Muslim communities in the Sarf too. I don't know if people in the North are more accepting, but I think it is clear that in the South there are more of everyone, so maybe people are better practised at ignoring each other. In the North, different groups do seem to come into contact more, which may mean they have to find better ways of getting along - I don't know if that means they do, or if they just seem to. This is just my impression though, and still just an opinion.

I agree what you say about resistance. UK has a long tradition of resistance, and it's not just what is foreign, but to different classes and indeed any kind of being told what to do. Rebellion being so close to the British character is one of the things I love about this place. But UK is another country where generalisations only go so far. There are many people that think Britannia was of the 19th Century and Britain should stop meddling in the affairs of other countries where it has no place.

This is their site, isn't it? http://www.exhibitionislam.com/

Looked through their gallery...neat stuff maashaa'Allaah.
I think so. If I went again, I think I would learn just as much as first time, in shaa Allah

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

I agree with brother Hassan: we have large communities in the South too. Maybe we have more of a mix of 'nationalities'? Allahu 'alam

anisafatima

Exhibition Islam seems to have closed in Burton at the end of February. It is based at Regent's Park Mosque in London, but has been touring around UK and some other countries for around 10 years. If it is the same one I am thinking of, I have seen it and it is worthwhile visiting, in shaa Allah.

Salam thanks for your reply. Yes, it the same and they will be revisiting the area for exhibition very soon InshaAllah . . .